Monday, September 1, 2008

Nice, long weekend

No big plans this weekend...just a lot of hanging out, cleaning, and hanging out. Max and Don made their weekly Dunkin Donuts trip on Saturday morning and then we went to a Furman football game Saturday night. Max and I cheered on the Paladins by ourselves because Don was the sideline reporter for the local radio show....oh yeah, he's big time. Max and I left the game early and listened to the show on the way home and Max was very confused as to why he was hearing Daddy's voice coming through the radio...he just couldn't seem to grasp it.

I cleaned all day today - wasn't necessarily what I had planned but I figured as long as I had the motivation then I would keep on going. So, this year on Labor Day I labored! I was going to cook hamburgers on the grill tonight, but my mom called and invited us over for dinner. So, if someone offers to cook dinner, which in turn means I won't have to cook, then I'm all over it!!

As I'm writing, Don is downstairs with several of the neighbors watching the Tennessee Vols play some football. They're up 14-7 so that's a good thing. Have I mentioned that my husband automatically gets in a better mood and gets a little spring in his step every year around this time??? I use to think that maybe he just had a renewed interest in his wife, but no go...it's football. :)

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the Furman game.

I think this is my new favorite picture of Max. His lips are so red and so kissable! :)I like this one too.Max was checking out the Paladins as they did their pre-game stretches.Max and daddy.Here's Don before the game mingling with, I'm sure, some very important coaches and players (okay, so it was the ball boy). Actually, I think he was just asking them where the cheerleaders would be standing and if he could do his reporting from that location.Since when did the drum majors wear prom attire? Things sure have changed since I played the triangle in my high school marching band.I had to throw this picture in so everyone reading would be very impressed and think we're Furman VIP's. Yes, this is our own parking space with our names on it. So, are you impressed? Well, don't be. I really don't know what Don did to get the space, but I don't mind since it's not very far to the entrance of the stadium.
Well, I'm off to bed...goodnight my blogger sistas and bros.

18 comments:

Donna said...

Jennifer Clardy! I didn't realize who we were dealing with here. You and Don must be BIG TIME in Greenville and Furman! Your own parking space? Wow.

I loved the pics, esp. of Max! Hil lips are sweet:)

I'm glad you had a nice labor day.

Kellars Mommy said...

Well well little miss vip ( very important parking in your case )..Joey is not a big football fan, but come Nascar time he's all over it, well maybe I should say "we" are all over it, I love me some Nascar! The pics are great!

Donna said...

BTW, it looks like someone started to go four-wheeling in your parking spot. The grass is all messed up a little to the left. Maybe this weekend you and Don can take a shovel and some grass seed and go fix it. You don't want your reputation to get the best of you.

Nancy said...

Your parking spot is impressive! I had no idea.

One of the things I love about Furman is its purple color. It's just beautiful.

Max looks just like your husband - in case you didn't know!!

Dolly said...

I'm laughing at Donna's comment. I didn't realize you all were VIP at Furman either. And Don is a radio guy for the game? I bet Max loves hearing him on the radio and is proud of his daddy.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I love going to college football games. You almost always have to eat a hot dog too!

Denise said...

Wow, Mr. and Mrs. Clardy, It's a pleasure to blogly know you! Way to go Donny Boy! Way to get the wifey an upfront and close parking place! Way to be the provider, way to be the provider!

I too am laughing at Donna's fourwheeling commnet! Just non chalontly (big time spelling) toss the grass seed out as you walk by. Then on the way back to the car, empty a few water bottles or drinks from the game out on the seed to water it.

Cool post Jenny! Cool weekend too.

Jennifer said...

Girls, I think I made that hole in the ground. I was so frustrated because there were these old tailgaters sitting in the middle of the row and didn't move when I pulled up. It literally took me close to 5 minutes to get my car straight - back up, pull forward, back up, pull forward. I probably had steam coming out of my ears but those old ladys sure looked like they were enjoying their chips and dip. Arrghhh

Anyway, wouldn't that be funny if I bought some potted plants to line my space or painted the concrete thing (do stripes) with our name on it. You know, kind of treat it like a cemetary plot. Hmmm.....

Donna said...

You could decorate it for each season, too. I'm thinking you should go to Michaels' and get some nice fall leaves and make a garland to drape over the concrete. Then you could get fake mums and stick them in the ground to outline the parking space. You could do this for Christmas and spring, too. Just an idea.

Dolly said...

You HAVE to do this at the next game Jennifer and get another picture for your blog! Do you think Don would disown you?

Melissa said...

I was going to say we should meet up at the game in a few weeks but we park on the very outskirts next to the conference center. Then I have to lug my 14 pound baby across campus to get to the game.

I actually saw Don doing the radio show last year before a game. I wondered what he was doing. We will have to catch up because I miss seeing you guys.

Denise said...

I was so excited about the parking place that I forgot to mention the drum major in my previous comment. Goodness, what a special day for her! Gettting to get all dressed up in a formal to lead the band. Beautiful! Simply beautiful!

Also, triangle? Laughing!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Ok, I totally didn't know Don did that. Brooks will be so jealous! We have season tickets to the games, too. I'll have to find out where y'all sit so we can come visit. Actually, on Saturday B went with his dad b/c I didn't want to keep T$ up that late. But next game, we'll have to have a playdate on "the hill."

It's a Mom Thing said...

PS- I'm totally JEALOUS of your parking spot. I wish we had the funds to get one of those. We end up walking from East Egypt but I guess that exercise won't hurt me.

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had a great weekend! We watched football on tv and it does seem to make things a little more exciting! Hope you all have a great week!

Kristi Smalley said...

OK, call me stupid but what is "Furman". Is it a college where they study "vurmon?" OK, I am ashamed at myself for that one.

WOW, you are a dignitary. You have been way to modest. That is hilarious about you treating it like a cemetary plot. You should do that! You could get a nice concrete park bench along with the aforementioned plastic flowers lining the sides. NICE!!! Also, you could get a gazing ball. That would be a nice touch. You could also get some bird feeders so kids coming to the games could feel like they were on a nature hike.

OK, the girl in the black A-line evening gown is hilarious. You can tell that she REALLY loves her job.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! When you post some pictures of your VIP parking space at Neyland Stadium, THEN I'll be impressed!

Kerri said...

You did not play the triangle in the marching band?! You are so much cooler than that now!! I have a blog now...check it out. www.grimesofgreenville.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE those pics. LOL at the conductor in front of the majorettes or whatever they are. Nice black dress! Also, Jennifer, you are soooooo cool. Can I go w/ YOU to a Furman game. Are you one of those that tries to act so humble but is really BIG time!!!!?!?