Monday, September 29, 2008

Christmas Past

I'll admit it...the well has run dry this past week for posts. I feel like we've been busy, but I haven't taken many pictures so I'm thinking that's why I feel like I don't have anything too exciting to share. BUT, just when I thought another day would pass without a new post, I came across all my past Christmas cards while cleaning out my photo drawer. Hey, this may not be the most exciting post for you guys (sorry:), but it was fun for me to see how our little family has changed over the years.

2001 The year we got married. We obviously used a picture from our wedding to remind everyone to send us a wedding gift if they hadn't already done so.

2002 This picture was taken in August of 2002 on our anniversary trip we took to NYC. I wanted everyone to think we were the newlyweds who traveled the world...basking in love. Oh, one other thing about this card and it bothers me to this day...I put an apostrophe in Clardys and it shouldn't be there - isn't that right, Shari?
2003 I must admit that no Clardy Christmas card went out that year. I had every intention of taking a picture of us with me being very pregnant, but Max decided to shake things up a little bit. His due date wasn't until February 2004, but he arrived in November of 2003. The below picture was taken by one of the NICU nurses and I really was going to use it on a Christmas card, but it just never happened. But, let's just pretend that it did, okay? (Melissa, does the blanket look familiar? I lined Max's hospital crib with that so I knew I had to get the same one for Mr. Will...it obviously brings good luck. :)
2004 This picture was one of those where you wait until the last minute and then you sit on your sister's hearth and she takes 100 pictures trying to find one good one. But, I will say that I could eat Max up in this picture...he had just turned a year and was the sweetest child!
2005 Well, as you can see it didn't go out until January of 2006 and it was a Happy New Year card. Can you tell someone was a little behind that year? The picture was taken at Max's 2nd birthday party.
2006 We actually had a professional photographer take family pictures of us in November of that year so we used one of those. She also took some great photos of Max that are still some of my absolute favorites.
2007 Yes, this was another year that I really didn't have anything planned so we used a picture we took from the Greenville Christmas parade and then I threw in a few others of Max.
2008 ???????

Oh, I just had to show this picture since it's that time of year again...election time. This picture was taken almost exactly 4 years ago. How cute is that little boy? I'm not lying, I could have eaten this child up when he was this age!

******My brother-in-law (better known as FBIL) just sent me the below picture with this email...

"I enjoyed going down memory lane with your blog earlier today and it inspired me to pull out an old Christmas card from your single days...My, how you have changed since you got married."

Yes, my FBIL is a Texas redneck...no denying it.

16 comments:

Donna said...

OOOH! I LOVE the pic of baby Max at the end! I want to kiss his little neck! SO CUTE, Jennifer!

What a great post idea. I loved seeing how your family grew. The picture of Max in the NICU is precious. I can't believe how small he was. I loved your hair, too, in the picture of his 2nd bday. I know you'll come up with a clever picture this year. Roy was so glad once we had Caroline because he got out of the Christmas card pics. Now it's only the kids on our cards and I have a clever idea up my sleeve this year. I'm just hoping the kids will cooperate for it!

Donna said...

oh, one more thing....Jenius has that same highchair in her kitchen. The Rebers/Clardys have good taste.

Kelly said...

What a fun thing to do!
I vow that this year I will start taking pictures for the Christmas card in October...I better get busy. (Just in case...I have made an appoitment with a photographer.)
Kelly

jday said...

What a beautiful family! And I'm so impressed that you are in all of the Christmas pictures! I'm always the photographer, never in the photos! Maybe this year...

I agree...your little guy is absolutely adorable!

Dolly said...

I LOVE this post Jennifer! What a great idea. I was starting to think you loved my fall swap gift so much that you never wanted to change your post. You and Don never change or seem to get older. It was fun seeing the pictures and I agree, Max is the cutest little guy! I love the one of him in his little glasses. What a cutie!

I think the next post you do should be the pictures you were telling me about in my pregnant picture post. You said you had some done too and we want to see them!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED seeing all your Christmas cards! How amazing they were all in one drawer! We must be on kinda the same wave length because I shot pics this weekend for our Christmas card. I always get them ready in November and send on Dec 1. You have such a sweet family- Max is the cutest!!!
Blessings,
Sharon

Melissa said...

You are such a great blogger. What an original post. I can not get over how small Max was. The blanket is my favorite and they do not make it anymore. I plan to put it in all of Will's photos for the first year. Then we are having them framed together for the wall. I am already planning our first family Christmas pic.

Rose said...

awwwww...I could eat him up too! I love that he voted! It would probably count if it was for the other team....heh heh...just sayin...

Kristi Smalley said...

I loved this post you creative girl, you. Although I do have to say, I was counting all the cards that I DID NOT receive from you. I think I got the last two or three. I intend to do those every year but we have only succeeded in doing 3 in 17 years of marriage.

Also, I need to add that you are the most photogenic person I have ever met. You NEVER take a bad picture.

That baby picture of Max is priceless. You are a political junkie. That is too funny! He was probably sitting there thinking how much he liked Gore but couldn't do anything about it.

FBIL, you are one sharp cookie at that Photoshop aren't you. For a minute there, I almost thought it was authentic. Now did you put Jennifer's head over Shari's???? Just curious.

Denise said...

Cool post. That took some time too! I can not even being to think where all our old Christmas cards are.

The one of you all--I think 2006, I have seen before, and I don't know where???? Hmmm maybe months ago on your blog when we were all lurkers.

Also, that blanket with Max in the hopsital. Harry Jack has that blanket too. In fact, he has had 4of them. Same blankie, same color. I have saved the previous 3 because they are so worn out--basically just threads! Good blankie, good blankie!

You and Mr. Clardy have a sweet family Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!
Great Christmas card!

Angela Richardson said...

Jennifer, what a great idea! Cute Christmas cards! I LOVE a card with a picture. Somehow I feel gipped if I don't get a picture in the card. And it's even worse if it's just scribble signed with no note! Your family is beautiful. You always have great hair too!

By the way, the deer tongue hanging out - yuck...I guess he couldn't really shove it back in though.

Kellars Mommy said...

Love all the pics, the fbil one has made my stomach hurt from laughing so hard, you been working out?

sassy seamstress said...

these are great! thanks for sharing.

Joy Chafin said...

What a great idea. I get so sentimental over old pictures and just seeing how people change. Y'all are definitely one attractive family. Loved being welcomed in to see the fam over the years. I didn't think Max could be any cuter, but those pictures are about the cutest I've ever seen. Do you have his McCain/Palin shirt yet??

theowensclan said...

I love walking through the memories of your life. You and Don really haven't changed a bit. I look forward to seeing what you decide for this year's Christmas card. I'm sure it will be something very original.