Monday, September 8, 2008

The NieNie Dialogues


I've been following this girl's blog for awhile, but was completely shocked when I checked it last week. She and her husband were in a plane crash and are in the hospital in critical condition - she has burns over 80% of her body and he 30%. Her sister updated her blog with the news and now updates their condition on her blog.

If you have oh, I don't know, say 24 hours go back and read this girl's blog from the beginning. Like a lot of us she is a mom and wife, but she has such a great way of describing her life in words and through amazing pictures. Just a few of my favorite posts are this one, this one, this one, and this one about her husband...these are going to sound super mushy, but for some reason, I actually believe she REALLY is THAT in love with her husband! She is also a funky Martha Stewart...check out this post...why can't I be like that? Anyway, she has always made me laugh and has made me think about my relationships with my Max and my Mr. Clardy...something you can never think enough about.

Check out her blog and say a prayer for Mr. and Mrs. Nielson.

UPDATE: This family just made national news...they were on The Today Show this morning. That's some good karma!

14 comments:

Denise said...

Jennifer, sweet girl. I cannot find the link to her blog. Or the link to this, this and this. Is it just me?

Jennifer said...

Really??? I can get to the blog when I click on all the links...but it seems like I've had this happen before. Just go to NieNieDialogues.blogspot.com. It's a good read, you know, when you have a couple of hours and your 4 children are asleep, your 5th child in your belly isn't giving you heartburn or you're not cooking or cleaning for your husband. :)

Dolly said...

Wow! I just got finished reading her blog excerpts and you're right...she sucks you in with her love for her man and the way she writes. What a neat lady! How did you find her blog again?
I was getting ready for work this morning but remember hearing the name "Christian" as this guy was being interviewed. I wish I would have watched it now!

Anonymous said...

I saw this on the Today show this am and wanted to read her blog. Thanks for posting this today! I will go there and read. I am praying they make it and get back to their kids although that will be a long and hard road. Didn't you just love her siblings today? They all looked full of the Holy Spirit- ready to do whatever needed to be done. They had a supernatural peace about them. So glad the kids have them. Wondered about the mother and father... Anyway, thanks for posting!!!
Shay

Melissa said...

I saw their story on the Today show and I knew that you of all people would know about them. What a sweet family. I guess I will have to do the laundry another night because I have a ton of reading to do!

Donna said...

Denise, you have to click on the word "one" and "this" that Jennifer typed.

I read one of her posts about her hubby and you are right...she is in love with him! When the kids go to bed tonight, I will read the others. That is sad about their accident. I will say a prayer for them right now.

Unknown said...

Jenny...karma, shug? You not telling us sumpin? LOL. I will check it out. I didn't see the links either so I will try Donna's tidbit.

Unknown said...

OK..I just checked out all your fav posts. She is definitely a romantic and those are sooooo sweet. Mr. N must be ONE lucky man if you know what I mean. Hubba Hubba.

I LOVE the back to school feast. WHOA is right.

One question...girls, if I wrote like that about Max on my blog, would you still read my blog or would I drive you crazy and make you want to puke? I know we each LOVE us some of your hubbies but it kinda makes me LOL to think of ya'll doing that. I don't know if I could take it serious. Should we start calling our hubs Mr.s Clardy, Graham, Smalley, Seckman, Logan and Scholle? :)

Unknown said...

Me again. PS...I think they are morman...hence, Provo, BYU and the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints icon on the sidebar...I'm still reading..haven't gotten to accident yet.

Jennifer said...

Speaking of loving us some husbands, I just sat here and watched an hour special on Ruth Graham...now she loved her some husband! Oh my goodness...I was crying like a baby when PawPaw spoke at her funeral. I get so emotional at stuff like that. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and write a eulogy that I want Don to give at my funeral...don't want him to clam up and forget something, know what I mean?

By the way, Donna, if you have another girl then I think you need to name her Rosa after Ruth's sister. You know, since I'm Roy Boy and Caroline's aunt I thought I would put my opinion out there.

Jennifer said...

Oh, and HPS, I definitely want you to start referring to Max as Mr. Scholle. I promise I won't laugh at you.

Dolly said...

I am laughing at HPS's comment. You're right! It's really sweet that she is so in love with her husband but I if you called Max, Mr. Scholle all the time or Mr. Logan, Mr. Graham, Mr. Clardy, etc, etc, it may get a little funny.

I can't promise I wouldn't laugh but her love for Mr. N really is sweet!

Donna said...

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but when I read through her posts, I felt like I was reading a Jane Austen book (ie Mr. Darcy)! They do have a sweet family and the pictures she takes are really cool!

Jennifer, if RA would have been a girl, we would have named her Ruth Bell Graham and called her Ruthie. It's still a contender for baby #3, but Rosa is cute! That could be an option...Aunt Rosa is a sweetheart for sure:)

I am currently watching Larry King and Joy Behar is on there and they're bashing Palin. I gotta turn the channel before my blood pressure goes sky high...

Kelly said...

The blogging world is pretty small...heard about her last week! What a tragedy!
Isn't it amazing how close you can get to someone just from reading the words they put down.
Felt close to you today...went to BJU for a student teacher meeting!! :)

Kelly