What a fun weekend I had! One of my high school friends, Kristi, flew in from Dallas and kept Max and myself VERY entertained. We showed her around Greenville on Friday and I think we have convinced her to move East...now we just have to convince her husband and 3 children.
On Saturday, Kristi and I drove to Charlotte to attend a baby shower for our friend, Dolly. Now, this is going to sound strange, but we met Dolly through our blogs and this was the first time we had actually met in person. Kristi knew one of Dolly's sisters from college and we all "met" through our different blogs. Dolly is one of 5 sisters and has a mother who looks like she could be the 6th sister. Anyway, we had a great time and talked...and talked...and talked...and talked! We ended up hanging around and going to dinner with the Reber girls and then finally getting home around 10:30. Kristi flew back to Dallas this afternoon and I was sad to see her go...we had so much fun and so many laughs!
Here's my perty friend, Kristi


This is for you, Donna. Why don't y'all try this next time instead of California Dreaming, okay?

Here's the gorgeous pregnant lady, Dolly!

Dolly and her mom, Mrs. Reber...or as known in the blog world, Jenius.

A fellow blogger, Hannah...again, better known as HPS

This is one of the Reber sisters, Dawn. She has no blog, BUT had a great dress and great pink shoes on so we'll let her slide on the blog thing...for now!

Adorable cousins!

Roy Boy...he needs his Aunt Jenny

And here you have the "blog sistas." Donna and Dolly made the signs...they are definitely the "Queens of posed blog pictures" (as proven by the next 4 pictures).



Well, now that I think of it the below picture wasn't posed...they just like to DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT!

The Reber girls...Dayna, Dawn, Dolly, Mrs. Reber, Denise, Donna. Do you sense a theme going on with the names?

Luckily we had enough time today before Kristi left to go visit THE PARKING SPOT.


Check out Max getting into "blog posing."

And Kristi had to step on the hallowed grounds of BJU before she left. Kristi, why are your shoulders bare all of a sudden?

Kristi was also able to fit in a few minutes of trains with Max.

And last, BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST, my boy lost tooth #TWO!!! We were sitting at lunch today and Max said "my tooth is broken." It was barely hanging by a thread, but there was no way this mama was going to pull it out. So, my mom grabbed a napkin and pulled that sucker out!!! He made a little whimper and then spent the next 5 minutes rubbing his tongue over his "lost tooth." By the way, see the tooth next to the space? Well, that is the permanent tooth that has come in recently and decided to come in sideways...can you say BRACES???



Can't wait for Blogunion 2009!!!!
13 comments:
YES! FTC!!! That was a great blog, and Jenny girl, you have an AWESOME Camera. Yes, I said Awesome because it fits this situation. Seriously, those pics are great. I laughed through the whole thing. I love the pics of Kristi at the parking spot and the bare shoulders at BJU. And Max is so so precious! But seeing that tooth with the red spot gave me the shivers. I can still remember the feeling of the tooth being yanked from the root. Gross.
It was so good getting to meet you and Smalls. You both exceeded our expectations....but there was never a doubt that you would:)
Me, again. Are Kristi and Max praying in that one pic of them on the Clardy space?! LOL...
Oh my what a fun weekend! The friends you have made through your blog is so wonderful! What a great bunch of girls! And I know what you mean about Max's tooth. When I taught K without my own children, I could reach in there and yank with the best of them, but when Savannah came along- there was no way I could pull her teeth. I just couldn't inflict pain on her. Max sure looks proud to have lost his second tooth. Please sing Happy Tooth Day to him for me (tune: happy birthday):)!!! Have a great Monday!!!
Another winner! Great post and so quick too! Of course the pictures are great! You and that camera, I am glad you were both there to capture it all.
Hey, what is Small's doing in shorts at BJ. Come on Small's, "O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E, obedience it the very best way to show that you believe." Just kidding. I hope you two had fun together.
Also, I LOVE GSP!!!! GREAT airport! SO friendly!
Hilarious post Jennifer! We laughed the whole time we read it and the best pictures were of Kristie and Max praying to the Clardy "shrine". So funny of Kristie in her bare shoulders too! What a Liberty Rebel!
Thanks for including pics of Max too! Next time you need to bring him. What a sweetheart!
Oh, and that is a GREAT picture of Kristie in the first picture. Thanks for being the shower photographer.
WOW! You girls are up early this morning and already commenting. Thanks, Jenny girl....thanks for those pics of me you posted. UUUGGGGG!!!! It is the joke in my family how totally un-photogenic I am, seriously. Now that you've met me you understand why I want to have the end of my nose wacked off. It is dangerous...it could put somebody's eye out.
I had a BLAST this weekend. I will talk more about it whenever I get to my post. Mine will be ridiculously long so it may take a little longer. Anyway, Jenny girl was such a good host and we loved meeting all of you. You Rebers are the best!
FYI - I did feel plumb nasty wearing my bermuda shorts on the campus of BJ. Do you think I am really a Christian?
Kristi. You're a mess. I'm laughing at your last sentence.
And your nose is fine. It is part of you and that is what makes it unique!
Good try, Donna....good try! This bad-boy needs to come off.
Kristi, sweet girl--we all have parts about us we would love to change.
Here's a part of a little Bill Gathier song I want to sing just for you.
"You're something special, you're the only one of your kind. God gave a body and a bright healthy mind. He has a special purpose, that He wanted you to find, so he made you something special (ECHO: He made you something special). You're the oooooonnnnnlllly one of your kind."
Love the pictures. Looks like you girls had a great time. Sorry about the VT-Furman game. I pull for the Paladins all of the time, (except when they play Citadel). Max looks adorable without the tooth. Did the tooth fairy make a visit? I love seeing pictures of him. He's growing so fast.
A few comments:
- High Cotton- my cousin, who lives in G'ville, loves the place. Wonder if they'll put one in Charlotte?
- There better be a blogunion prior to 2009; The Blessings Blog wants to be social. Cracker Barrel sells T-Shirts.
- I'm feeling the flat out sacreligiousness of Kristi baring it all on the campus. Looks like yall had a blast!!
GREAT POST, Jenny! LOL at Kristi's Greenville tour and her and Max chilling by the concrete parking thing. My fav pics are her giving up the farm at BJU and that parking one w/ Max. BTW, WHERE was he at the shower? I wanna meet that little card! Can ya'll just come here one day for Christmas shopping and we'll do it up real big?!??! It was great to be w/ you and Kristi....just like old times. :)
Jennifer, you should have turned the tooth around when taking the picture. The bloody root of that little tooth has sent me running to the bathroom. YUK!
Post a Comment