Monday, September 22, 2008

The Big Dig

No, I'm not talking about how Max shoves his finger up his nose every 10 minutes...I'm talking about lots of dirt with lots of construction equipment that kids get to ride on. We went on Saturday morning and Max got to drive a big digger (better known as an excavator) and ride in the back of a dump truck - dreams do come true! If you ask Max what he wants to be when he grows up he will vacillate between a firefighter and a digger operator...maybe this gave him a taste of the latter and we can move on to bigger and better things.

We waited in line for an hour to ride the digger...not my favorite part of the day.Brady, Clay, and MaxNice underwear shot on the digger operator, huh?Clay's turn!Cute picture of Clay on the fire truck.My sister, Andrea, was taking pictures and she's obviously had some training on taking interesting blog pics. She managed to get a picture of the cute couple and, if you look closely, a great set of roll bangs on the girl in the background. Way to go, sis!She even managed to get a picture of me coming out of a port-o-potty...check out how my nose is turned up from total disgust!Some lovely tattoos to end the day.
Changing subjects here, I just finished watching Dancing with the Stars and my favorite is......Warren Sapp! Yes, wasn't expecting it, but he was so into it and so fun to watch on the dance floor. My least favorite was probably Susan Lucci...she needs to go eat a few cheeseburgers and then get back to me.

8 comments:

Kellars Mommy said...

I loved Warren tonight, I laughed through his whole dance, hope he gets to stick around! I agree Susan needs to put on a few, heck I've got plenty to donate if need be, she was just soo blah in her dance! Now if Thursday would just hurry up and get here. Oh and the roll bangs, lol!

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, you are so funny! You can take the sweetest adventure and make it so funny w/ your captions. Anyway, I'm glad Max got to fulfill one of his dreams.

Now, when you told me that Andrea took some pictures, I was aghast! Isn't Andrea and picture taking an oxymoron? (J/K Andrea) I was thinking to myself as I saw the picture of Clay, "I'm so glad that Jennifer got this picture for Andrea since she doesn't have pictures of her children" and then you told us that Andrea was the papparazzi for the day. WAY TO GO! You did good. I feel a new blog coming soon. HMMMM????

That couple was hilarious! Now the bang chick....I didn't think they made those tiny curling irons anymore that you hold on your hair for about 5 minutes to get that perfect little roll of curls before you plaster it with AquaNet.

The porta-potty picture was the BEST! Not many people in this world can say they have a picture of themselves coming out of a porta-potty.

Nancy said...

Is that cute couple Amish? And I'm with Kristi- I didn't know they made curling irons small enough to recreate those bangs!

Glad you posted - I missed reading about your adventures!

Have a great day!

Dolly said...

I agree with Kristi. I love your captions and love to see the adventures that Max is up to.

The tight roll bangs are hilarious! I used to love that look when I was little. Looks like someone else did too!

Donna said...

That was a great post! The man in the digger was a little creepy.

I loved the pic of you and Max coming out of the porta-potty. Those things are nasty. How did you move around with 2 of you in there?

I taped DWTS so I'm going to watch it today. I did see the cast come out at the beginning. What was up with Cloris Leachman's 82 year old cleavage?! SICK!

sassy seamstress said...

did your sister take lessons from julie day? :)

Anonymous said...

I can't think of a better day for a little boy!!! I know he had such a great time!!!

Suzanne said...

What a fun day! I lol about the amish couple:) and the bangs. Oh and I loved Warren last night, I do not like the girl he was paired with, but he was fun. and I agree Susan looks like she is starving.