Friday, January 30, 2009

Sorry Max...

...looks like you're only going to get one brother. We're having a BOY and a GIRL! I will say that I was secretly hoping for one of each so I really am happy about this and, believe it or not, Don is not completely freaked out about having a girl. :)

We were lucky enough to get several 3D pictures of the babies, but only baby boy would cooperate and give us a picture of his face. Here he is rubbing his eye...so, so sweet.The next two are the best we could get of the girl and I really hope it's not a sign of things to come...baby girl has her bottom in baby boy's face! Isn't it crazy that you can see this at just 18 1/2 weeks! You can't see it, but they are separated by a thin membrane and are in two different sacks which obviously means they are fraternal.Okay, and this last one is pretty funny, but you may have to look at it for a little bit to figure it out. Baby boy has his hand up and it looks like he's about to slap baby girl's hiney...check out what the ultrasound tech wrote...so funny! :)So, I guess I better end this post and start looking for a job...those baby girl clothes are calling my name!!!

30 comments:

Dolly said...

YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEE! I'm the first to comment on this VERY EXCITING post! Ah Jennifer, I'm SO EXCITED for you guys! One of each is perfect!!! Max and Don will be happy and now you'll have a sweet little girl to dress up. Your sonograms are hilarious! Those two will be the dynamic duo making your life so happy and funny. I love what the nurse wrote on that sonogram. so funny! Congratulations....let the shopping begin! Oh, and names....are you going to reveal your names or keep those secret? We'll continue to pray for those little hams. :)

It's a Mom Thing said...

I've been blog-stalking you for a bit tonight, waiting to read the news. YEA!!!!! One of each, how perfect! Max will get used to a girl. Might even like her better since she won't want to take all of his toys. Oh, this is just wonderful. You and Don are truly blessed.

Love the pics. I could tell exactly what baby girl was doing to baby boy...time for a spanking!

Donna said...

jennifer!!!!! I am so excited for ALL of you!!!! Max will have his brother and you'll have your girl! Come to Charlotte for that big consignment sale. You can stay with me;). Jane is here and she says congrats!

The pics are too cute. Now I can't wait to hear the names. Oh I'm so excited!!!!!!!

Dolly said...

Jennifer, I was just thinking. You need to tell us how you told Max, what he thinks about you having twins and now a brother and sister and what Don said too. We want ALL the details.

jday said...

Congratulations! Very exciting!! Love the ultrasounds and that nurse is pretty funny!

Unknown said...

YES! YES! YES! This is the best news all day! CONGRATULATIONS! That is SO exciting. I thought you weren't going to find out but I'm SO glad you did!

Denise said...

Woooohoooooo! I am SO excited for you. I tell you this, those US pictures just get better and better! I never get tired of looking at them.

Oh Jennifer, Don and sweet Max I am so happy for you! What a happy day you must have had yesterday!

Now we need some names for those sweet little babies!

I'm buying that baby girl some bracelets!

Kim said...

Yay! So exciting to get one of each! I am so jealous of your great pictures- now I will be trying to find the money to go for the 3D to get this kind of picture...

Janis Reber said...

I'm soooo happy and excited for you and your family. You have so much to look forward to. Aren't you glad you found out what they are? Now you can do some really appropriate shopping. What a blessing!!

theowensclan said...

OMG! This is WONDERFUL news. The pictures are amazing and very funny! Do you remember Lou who has AP and Essie? She sells lots of her girl's clothes, really cheep and they are precious! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Angela said...

Hi Jennifer! It's Angela D from the blog swap. I laughed so hard when I saw the pic of the spanking! You need to frame that and put it up in the nursery or play room, forever! How funny!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!!!!! How exciting... love the images of the babies!!! So sweet. And forget about getting a job! You can sew all the clothes. My friend in Greenville taught me all I know and she has to live near you so there you go. Problem solved!!! :D
Blessings,
Shay

Rose said...

oh Jennifer!!!! How exciting!! i have thought about you the last couple of days, wondering about the babies and what you were going to have. That is soooo wonderful! A true blessing!! Oh.... baby girl clothes are way cuter than baby boys.........
Congratulations!!! I will be praying for you!

Angela Richardson said...

AWh, this just made my day! Congratulations!!! Yes, we need more details...names, how you told Max, etc. We need pregnancy pictures month to month as well! :) Now, how early can you start painting fingernails??? I'll be sending baby girl some polish fo sho!

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, I AM SO EXCITED!!! I hope you got my message on Friday. That actually was why I called. I wondered when you were going to break the news and then I get on the blog and Wah-Lah!

These pictures are HILARIOUS!!!! People always say that the nut doesn't fall far from the tree. That is evidenced by the girl smelling the boy's hiney (You and DOn) and then the boy spanking the girl (Again, you and Don) Isn't it amazing how they learned from you guys in-utero???? LOL!

What a blessing these babies are. I think the boy picture looks like a Clardy for sure!

Forgive me for calling them "girl" and "Boy". I should call them by their names now that the cat is out of the bag.....Kristopher and Kristine.

Shari said...

I think the little girl may look like her Aunt Shari - it was the tight tush that gave it away. Since I was your ONLY sister that wasn't there when Max was born, I think that I should get first dibs on the labor room delivery invite!

Nikki said...

OK, I dont know what is going on here! I left a comment for this post earlier today and just happened to check back and noticed it is not here??? So I will comment again, but hope that the other one doesnt pop up too.

I am so excited for you and I just knew it was going to be a boy & girl. Those ultrasound pics are classic. Only you could manage to get a picture of your baby slapping the other one on the butt.

So I guess the boy will be Thomas and the girl will be Carpet? I will get to work monogramming those names on some baby things for you right away.

Kelly said...

Yeah...a boy and a girl!! How fun! You are right...get a job NOW...the clothes are too much fun. Name the girl a name starting with an A and I can hook you up with some great monogrammed clothes! Better yet give her the intials ALW and you are set!! :)

Love the new blog look!
Kelly

Ashleigh said...

How exciting!! YaY! So glad that you will have one of both and the boys can look after the little sister. :O) Congrats!

Dolly said...

Carpet Clardy kind of sounds good.

Joy Chafin said...

Congratulations! Those pictures will be treasured forever. Those Clardy kids are already brimming over with personality. Can't wait to meet them outside the womb too. Yeah, those girl clothes are gonna get you.

Windsor said...

Congrats on the exciting news! What an exciting time for you and your family! A boy and a girl how much fun you will have with both, but dressing the girl will be 10x's more fun! I love the ultrasound pictures they are soooo cute!

Tracy said...

Yay Jennifer! I can't believe you are having a BOY AND GIRL! This is so exciting! You get two more chances for "Lane" now! ;o)

Loved the video of Max! That is too cute!

Momofgirls said...

PERFECT! God knows just how to reward us! Just watch, Max will be VERY protective over his baby sister! That "Carpet" is one lucky girl, she will have 2 brothers and be the only princess! Max and his brother will have such fun playing all the same things and princess can go with Mommy shopping!

Thanks for the exciting news!

The Jones' said...

SO exciting!!! Looks like you will have your hands full with those two ;-) Just think of the special bond they will already have when they are born, so sweet!!

Rachel said...

I have happy tears running down my face. I am so excited for you all!

Nancy said...

How wonderful and what a blessing! Congratulations - are their names really Kristopher and Kristine or is that some sort of cover?

Kristi Smalley said...

Yes, Nancy, those really are the names, aren't they Jenny-girl?

Jennifer said...

Um, Nancy...we're just telling Kristi that those are the names and then when they're born we're going to have to break the news to her...please don't tell her.

Kellars Mommy said...

Woooohooooo a girl and a boy!!!!Congrats...I can't believe you are already 18 1/2 weeks!