Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still cleaning out closets...

Who was cuter...the dog or me in the 6th grade?



I can't decide...was I wearing the glasses OR were the glasses wearing me?

20 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

i feel your pain! i had a similar problem in sixth grade. except the problem was that i also had a poodle perm. just horrible.

Nikki said...

I am with Sassy. I had the poodle perm (Annie style) and glasses. Good times!

Jennifer! I cant believe that is you. It does not look like you at all. I love your comment about the glasses wearing you. I love all your pictures you post! The best quality a person can have is the ability to laugh at themselves! you are one funny girl!

Walking Mom said...

I remember those glasses. You thought you had the coolest glasses in the world. Now, for those of you who did not know Jennifer when she was young, would you believe she was so shy she would hardly look you in the eye. And, she made her brother or sisters order for her if they went to the Dairy Queen or any place she had to ask for something. Didn't talk much at all. I guess with three older sisters, she never had a chance. She was always a great kid and never gave her parents any trouble. At least not at this age. The clothes are so cute!!

Walking Mom said...

P.S., could you change your "Merry Christmas" to 2009 or something. Just want to be sure you realize Christmas is over and th new year promies "double trouble."

Andrea said...

Did anyone but me notice her neanderthal arm in that 2nd pic? Still long and lean!

Melissa said...

Oh, the middle school pictures are always the best.

Denise said...

Oh my stars! Jennifer, you are a funny and very confident girlie. I am laughing.

I too had MANY perms. I have interesting pictures...to say the least...of me as a younger girl too. TYJ for the ugly duckling story! Seriously!

You look really studious in the last picture.

Anonymous said...

Must not write my thoughts...must show restraint...arggghhh!!!
This is killing me!

Dolly said...

hahhhah! Funny post! Weirdly I see Don in that last studious picture and some of Max too. You were a cute Jr. Higher Jennifer. I bet everyone wanted to be your friend since you had such cool glasses.

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer....Honey.....What do I say except "Bless your Heart". Ha! I am ROLLING WITH LAUGHTER. Those glasses are "sumpin-else". I also laughed at a memory these pictures triggered. You ALWAYS wore blouses with a bow like in the second picture. Was that Bob Jones inspired? I love the bi-level hair. WOO-HOO.

Andrea, the neandrethal comment was hilarious. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Jennifer, you always say that you were a wallflower in school. I told Becky that you said that. Remember that she was younger than you. She said that was ridiculous and the reality was that people were so intimidated by you. You were Shari Smith's sister, you were tall and skinny, you were so pretty. you were smart, you were ever-so-godly, you were mature......OH, I could go on and on.

FBIL, I hope you didn't emplode.

Kristi Smalley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

oh no...what did Kristi go and say now...LOL!

I would've been sooooo jealous of you b/c I wanted glasses sooooooooooooo badly when I was that age. You WERE cute and you're a good sport about it even now. Don picked a good one for sure.

I'm still DYING to know what Kristi said.

Donna said...

JENNIFER! I"m laughing! I thought the same thing about the big bow on your neck...you must have LOVED that look because I've seen in other pics from your past.

THe first one is hilarious! I would NEVER have guessed that was you:) I can see Max in the second picture. I think it's the eyes and mouth?

Keep posting more pics! THis is good!!!

Kristi Smalley said...

Now, now girls......the comment that was deleted WAS NOT from me!!! You have just hurt me deeply with your implications.

Jennifer said...

Actually, the comment WAS from Kristi! But, no scandala girls, no scandal. She must have hit the button twice because her 1st comment above appeared two times. So, so no one would think Kristi was losing it, I deleted it.

Seriously though, what was up with the bow thing?? Between me and my 3 sisters we had quite the around-the-neck bow collection - seriously, I can so remember picking out which bow I was going to wear with my outfits. My mom or Andrea can correct me on this one, but for some reason I'm thinking that blue dress was made by my mom??? I'm pretty positive it was handed down to me by Andrea and I'm thinking it was homemade - as were a lot of our dresses, gauchos and culottes.

And my mom is losing it if she thinks those clothes were cute...I'll have a talk with her and get her set straight.

Oh, Don always grimaces when he sees that 1st picture. When we were engaged and I was living in Dallas, I sit him an envelope with some hideous pictures of me (including the two above which does prove I have no shame) and asked him if he still wanted to marry me...I'm surprised he did!

theowensclan said...

L-O-V-E the new look!!! Do you do it yourself? I could pay you to do mine!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!

Denise said...

I like the new look too! So cute! Good pick JFTB!

Rose said...

Those pics are hysterical! Oh my! You look so proper!
Love your new look! so cute.. (I am talking about your blog now...tee hee)

Dolly said...

Jennifer!!!!!! Wow girl! You have some good taste. I love the new look for your blog and I love that you are preparing everyday for the new kiddos! I'm so excited for you. I hope you're taking good care of yourself and making Don and Max wait on you hand and foot.

We want more pics of your belly.

One Pumpkin Seed said...

Just stopping in to check on you and you guys and the twins!

I love this....I had glasses just like these.

marcy