Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gone with the wind

Yesterday was CRAZY windy here in GreenVegas...I mean, I hated to get outside for fear that this feather light body of mine would blow away (it never did which was weird). Anyway, I heard a very loud noise/bang yesterday afternoon and this is what I found...


Let me just say that these gutters fell about 10 minutes after Max laid down for a nap. I thought for sure after hearing it he would be up, but nope, he stayed in his room (his bed is right next to the top left window). A few hours later on our way to karate he just said out of the blue that "I heard a loud noise when I was taking a nap and I was a little afraid." That's my stud in the making...laid there in his bed, convinced himself out of being scared AND still ended up going to sleep for 2 hours!

I've got to go call the gutter people...

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I am glad you did not blow away yesterday....he-he

Kelly

Angela Richardson said...

Oh, that's so sweet. He IS a stud. I can just picture him, eyes opening wide, then trying to talk himself out of his fear. What a sweetheart.

Was that really from the wind or was it a tornado? Do you have a basement??? I would have high-tailed it to my ebay closet under the stairs. Maybe Max could give me some pointers on how to calm myself down!

Anonymous said...

Scary!!! We had bad wind too and there are limbs all over our yard!!!

Anonymous said...

Me thinks it would take a "Wizard of Oz" type wind to blow you away!
I'm seeing a scary witch on a bicycle....

Dolly said...

Wow! I can't believe the wind blew off your gutters. That Max IS a sweetheart Stud in the making. What a brave little guy.

By the way, LOVE your twins in the corner hugging each other. I'm so excited for them to come. Hope you're feeing okay these days. I know this is weird but I kind of miss being pregnant...you know...feeling them move inside of you, no crying, just movements. :)

Kristi Smalley said...

FBIL, that is just pure ugliness!!! For shame, for shame. She is in a fragile condition.

Jennifer, I'm so sorry but at least it wasn't your roof. That Max is the most laid-back child I have ever met. You need to go on a 40-day fast that your twins will be like him.

Denise said...

Again, shaking my head at FBIL.

Max is so sweet!

Donna said...

Awww! Sweet Max. I bet he was laying in bed quoting "what time I am afraid, I will trust in thee":)!!!

I bet that big bang scared you!

Yes, please give us some baby updates...are you feeling the kicks? When do you find out the sex? What names are you aiming towards? I want deets (details).