Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008 continued...

Okay, it's way after the fact and I'm really so over Christmas at this point, but I need to post my pictures and details from our trip to Texas...gotta remember it 20 years down the road!

We went to the Dallas Symphony Christmas concert one night while we were there and it was really good. Thanks to my Dad and the artist series at Bob Jones University, I still like to hear some good opera style music...Max, well not so much, but he was a good little boy throughout the whole thing. We went with family and some of my sister's friends and, Denise, please note that we sat in our own private box. Thanks to my sister and her husband we lived like VIP's when we went to Texas! I failed to lug in my camera so my SIL sent me her pictures of the evening.My brother, Paul, with his wife, Lori, and their two boys, Grant and Hunter.
I had to take a picture of this...my dad orchestrating "craft time" with Max and my nephew, Hunter. Daddy loves to play with the grand kids, but I've just never seen him do things like cut and glue...too funny!
One of the highlights of my trip was meeting several high school friends and their kids for lunch - Kayla, Sundee and Tara. I left Max with his cousins so I was able to sit back and enjoy the company...even if we did go to Chuck-E-Cheese! In order to get their picture, I had to promise Kayla and Sundee I wouldn't put them on Facebook...it's not on Facebook, girls, but your pretty faces are on my blog which I'm sure is seen by millions of people all over the world!Kayla and Tara...haven't changed a bit since high school!All their CUTE kiddos (well, the mouse isn't one of theirs)!
And then we went to the last Dallas Cowboy game in Texas Stadium. But that really wasn't the highlight of that night...the highlight was definitely that Kristi Carr Smalley (another high school friend) was able to go with us! Yes, she kept us entertained with her paparazzi style photography (don't ever try to pick your nose when Kristi is around with her camera...it will be caught on film for sure), her witty sense of humor and, of course, her little sayings that she learned from her 80 year old grandmother. We had a good time except for the fact that the Cowboys lost. Again, thanks to my sister and brother-in-law we did it in style...watched it from our own private suite...with heat and lots of food!

See...I told you about Kristi and her camera!I must admit that I stole the next three pictures from Kristi because they were better than the ones I took...my sister, Shari, me and Kristi.I'm including this one because Don and I hardly ever get pictures of us together and it shows my "bump"...well, sorta.This is a better picture of the bump...it's protruding a little oddly, don't you think? Maybe it was something I ate that day or maybe one of the twins was stretched out watching the football game.Ahhh...our "home" for the night!Paul and GrantCheck out those Cowboys and those cheerleaders...I remember when I use to wear that outfit and run out of that big helmet...those were the days!After the players ran out several of them went into the end zone for a "prayer meeting." Now, I do wonder if a few of them were praying that their drug deal happening later in the evening would go down without a hitch...you know that Jerry Jones and how he loves to choose the most moral players to play for the Cowboys.Yes, this is the famous hole at the top of the stadium...you know the old saying...why does Texas Stadium have a hole at the top??? So God can watch his favorite team play!Don doesn't normally smile this big so I just had to capture it...just goes to show what going to an NFL game will do to him! Max and my mom are in there too checking out the game.I think this is a great picture of my sister-in-law, Lori, and my nephew, Grant. That boy is a HUGE Cowboy fan!FBIL and my niece, Erica.Don will kill me for this one, but it cracked me up. He was sitting in the corner chowing down on a chicken wing totally focused on the game!Tony Romo...is he or isn't he a "star" quarterback??? Me thinks not! Dump Jessica and start focusing on winning, Tony!This was towards the end of the night right before we went home...Max was pooped!I ended up taking only a few pics of Christmas morning. It was a pretty quiet day with just us three and Don's dad. Here's Max when he first saw what Santa had left him!Checking out his stocking!Check out his loot!I love the smile on his face in this one...so genuine!Still smiling...maybe it's because of his new legos!His "I Spy" gameChecking out his new Leapster2!I think this was the favorite thing Santa brought him...the digger that eats little cars!!!

Okay, I'm moving on to 2009!

14 comments:

Rose said...

Great pictures!! Your lil baby bumps are precious!

Dolly said...

Great post Jennifer. It kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more. Ya'll had a busy Christmas and I LOVE the pictures of your babies bump. You look GREAT! I love seeing Max on Christmas morning too. Looks like he was a good boy this year.

I still need to post about Christmas but I think I'll just forego it and move on to 2009 as well!

Kellars Mommy said...

Your bump is adorable!!! The picture of hubby chowing down on the chicken wing to me favors Max a lot! I agree Tony needs to get rid of Jess or at least keep her away from the games, when they lose I know she's hiding out in the stadium somewhere...

theowensclan said...

How exciting! You guys had box seats!! That's big time! I had not heard that joke about the whole in the top of the stadium. That's cute. You look fabulous! They are definitely growing. I love the picture of your dad doing crafts with the grandkids. What wonderful memories they are building. I STILL remember doing things with my Grandpa. It builds memories that will last a life-time!

Nikki said...

Your bump is looking good...it does kind of look egg shaped in the picture. The babies must have been adjusting themselves. What is Max saying about the babies? Is he excited or indifferent? And how do your BIL and Sister get all the hook -ups???? do they want a new best friend? I am willing to move to Texas in order to get in on all their fun.

It's a Mom Thing said...

Love the bump!!! Wait a sec...did you just say you were a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader?

Jennifer said...

Oh Miriam, only in my dreams was I a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader...only in my dreams! :)

Donna said...

Good post, JFTB. ALl the pics and captions are great, as always. Okay, Don's big smile looks JUST like Max! And I love Max's face on Christmas morning. So sweet.

I'm laughing at the prayer meetint those players had. And it's so good to see FBIL.

Walking Mom said...

Jennifer was not a cheerleader because she was the only one of my girls in the National Honor Society. Not that the other girls weren't smart; they were and still are; however, Jennifer was the only one to "officially" make it. I'm getting a padded wheetbarrow to wheel her around when she gets to large to walk. That should take care of my weight training.

Kristi Smalley said...

Walking Mom, I am rolling at your comment about the wheelbarrow. I feel the love, I feel the love!!!!

Good post, Jennifer. I was wondering when we were EVER going to get a Christmas post. I left my camera at IHOP and had to wait several days to get it back from friends who had taken it home. I just now have it back to download pics and do a post. I know you all are anxiously awaiting.

You got some great Cowboy pics and I am going to steal some of yours. You forgot to mention about the "ligament" injury that caused us to have to go home early. Ha!

Kristi Smalley said...

I forgot to finish.....

It was good to see pics of the girls. All of you haven't changed a bit since high school. I'm sorry I couldn't make that lunch. (You did invite me right???? Ha!)

Now for DOn, he is holding out on you. He REALLY loves the Cowboys but his male pride just won't let him admit it to you. Just be at peace knowing in your heart that he is a die-hard Cowboy fan at heart.

Jennifer never did show you all but she had the same painted star on her belly as her nephew had on his face. It was precious! Those babies knew they were at a football game so they stretched out in the shape of a football. Aren't they creative?

Denise said...

Where was I that I missed this post?

LOVE the pictures Jennifer. You look great and so happy!

How cool it is that Max doesn't have to wait for other children to open gifts on Christmas morning. This next Christmas it will be a whole other story.

Love the floating babies. Its about time it made it to the blog. Thanks, now we can keep an eye on you!

jday said...

You have been a busy girl...

Max is so cute! Isn't Christmas morning so much fun with 5 year olds??!

Love all of the captions for the Cowboys pics! Seriously, poor Romo need to lose the jinx!! And that was funny about the prayer warriors in the end zone!

Unknown said...

Jenny, you are one HOT Momma. You look GREAT and cutie patootie. Max is cutie patootie, too, just like his mommy. I can't wait to lay my eyes on those twins! I also love the "twin" floaating babies. I've never seen that before w/ twins!