My man was # 256.
Jamie and Don. No pre-race jitters from these guys!
And he's off!
Time to turn and swim the other way...
See you in the next lane!
This was hilarious! Max and Zeke got super close to where the swimmers had to touch the side before they turned and went the other way. Well, every time someones head popped out of the water they would scream and laugh so hard - very cute!
Don's out of the pool and running to the transition area where he dried off, put on shirt and shoes and climbed on his bike.
Looks a little like Lance Armstrong - don't ya think!
He's almost there...
THE END!!!
>Go Daddy!
The triathlon was held on the Marine base and I loved being there. My brother, Paul, was in the Marines for 6 years (Gulf War veteran) and did his basic training at Parris Island. I can remember going to his graduation there way back in 1987. I just finished reading Lone Survivor about a Navy Seal. I appreciated our soldiers before, but this book gave me a new respect for what they do. Here's Max (Cheetos face and all) with The Few, The Proud, The Marines!
Chillin at Iwo Jima.
Max and Zeke. Not long after these pictures were taken, Max proceeded to stick his hand in a huge ant pile and got ant bites all over his left hand. He had an allergic reaction to it on Sunday (the day after it happened) and by Sunday night had hives all over his body. NICE. He's much better today.
Off to Hilton Head...ahhhh! Can you say COLD water!



I'm tired...let's go home.Last but not least, a proud mommy moment...Max wrote his name and traced his hand all by himself!! (just realized I wrote the wrong month on the paper - should have said 3/14/08)









10 comments:
Great post!!!! And what a fun weekend! You must be so proud of your man. I have always said the people who do triath's are the true athletes.
I bet it was cool being at Paris Island too. How patriotic! Cool weekend. Thanks for the post. Cute pics of Max. Sorry about the ants. Those little boogers can be so nasty.
Yeah, you're back! I loved reading about your weekend. You captured everything so well EXCEPT you in your thong. I guess you got nervous?
Max is adorable as always. I bet Don was chuckling to himself while he was swimming thinking about seeing Max's face when he popped up out of the water. That's funny!
I'm sure you are so proud of your man. Good for him and he made it look so easy!
Okay, I am in love with your son! He is so sweet! I bet it was a good thing having Max there for Don to see. It would make my endurance even better to see my kids cheering me on.
I love the picture of Max with the soldiers:)
Go, Don! That is a hard thing to do, I have heard. I did a 5K walk once and it was a big deal for me!
OK, I didn't know you married the Bionic Man. Are you in as good of shape as Don? I bet you were his personal trainer.
Love the post. I love picture posts. It is convicting me b/c my posts have been a little boring lately. I need to post some pictures. You outdid yourself with this one. I LOVED IT!!! Thank you for sharing your mommy milestone with us. How precious! I know you are so proud of that little bugger. I laughed at the thought of those little boy screaming as heads popped out of the water. You should have trained him to do that real loud in the competition's face. Ha!
GOOD JOB, JENNIFER, GOOD JOB!!!!
Looks like a great weekend! I love the last picture of Max writing his name and tracing his hand...you know I would love that picture :)
Every time I see pictures of Max he looks bigger!
Wow, this is one heck of a post! Go, Jennifer!
Did they really make the participants swim in a pool? How did that work? Did they all have their own lanes? Did you start in heats?
I've been to triathalons before, but never one that used a pool. Am just curious how it works...
And way to go, Max! Great drawing and WRITING! You rock!
Great post Jen Jen!!! Loved all the pics!! The picture Max drew is priceless. You do not know how many pics the girls have drawn and I always date them and put them in a special place. One day when they are leaving home I will get in my fetal position, start rocking, and look through them all again!!!!
Looks like a wonderful weekend! I second all the comments about how darling Max is. My favorite is the one of him and his friend by the tree; I just think he looks so proud of his Daddy. And I'm impressed with the triathalon. That's one of those things I've always thought would be neat to do, but never invested an ounce of energy into actually training for!
Hey Jennifer,
I love love love the pictures....the pictures at the beach are incredible. You did have an adorable subject...Max is so precious.
I thought I remembered in your earlier post I read something about a thong bikini....i must have missed that photo in this post....hehehe
Have a wonderful Easter,
Kim
Jennifer....I TOTALLY know Jamie Atkinson. How do you guys know him??
Post a Comment