Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter weekend

We've had a fun-filled past few days! My brother, wife and kids came in from Dallas this past Thursday so we've been spending a lot of time over at my parent's house with the family. Max is in hog-heaven with so many of his cousins around. In fact, he spent the night with my parents last night and when I went to pick him up this morning he looked at me and said "Go away" - I'm so glad he appreciates all I do for him! :)

Daddy dug up some dirt for the boys to play in - they spent hours out there!
We started off the Easter bunny theme on Thursday evening. As you can see, Max and Hunter found the chocolate.

On Friday we took the kids to a birthday party for Ellie - the daughter of Sally who is my good friend and a blog lurker. Hi Sally! :) After the birthday party, we dropped off the kids at my parent's house and then the "big kids" went to eat sushi. (Sorry, Don - this was the only picture.) We had an Easter egg hunt at my house on Saturday afternoon. Max and Clay look like they found something! The men sure look like they're getting into the hunt. Great picture of my brother and his family. Easter morning - Max checking out his Easter basket. More chocolate... Our Easter Sunday best! Max sure thought something was funny...could it have been his mommy getting VERY frustrated because the boys wouldn't stand still for pictures???We took the kids to see "Horton Hears a Who" late Sunday afternoon. It's a really cute movie! I then went home and crawled in bed.

post signature

12 comments:

Donna said...

Cute pictures! I hope you had good weather. It was FREEZING in VA and we actually had a roaring fire in the fireplace! It looks like your family had a wonderful time together. Good pic of your family, too. Oh, did you get into the Reese eggs this Easter like you did for V-Day?!

starzy18 said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter! I always loved hunting for easter eggs! We used to hide jelly beans around the house too.

Jennifer said...

Donna, I cannot confirm or deny that I ate Reeses peanut butter eggs!

Dolly said...

Great recap of your Easter weekend. Your family looked so nice for Easter. I bet Max WAS in hog heaven with all those kids. That's so fun. I love that the adults went to eat Sushi too! I love Sushi and it's fun to go with people who love it too.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend you all had! I love all your pictures. You all looked so wonderful in your Easter best. Max is so handsome! We went to see Horton too- really cute! Hope you have a great week!!!

Unknown said...

Lookin good, D, J & M!!!!!! Love your Sunday best and Max makes me LOL. Happy Easter!!!!!

3 Peanuts said...

Jennifer,

Your photos look REALLY great!!!! I love the blue and the pink jackets you have on...may I ask where one mught get something so cute for moi? The kiddos all look like they are having a BLAST! How was the Horton movie? Might take 2 of the peanuts this week...
Kim

Jennifer said...

Well, Kim, I don't want to brag, but I bought the jackets at Dillards in the Junior Dept - you know, all the Hollywood stars are shopping there. HA HA They were on sale and pretty well made so I said what the heck. They have quite a few colors too.

By the way, I just ordered a zoom lens for my Nikon (don't tell my husband). My 18-55mm is a good lens, but I have to get pretty close to get the good close-ups I want. Please continue to share any photography tips you have - your pictures are absolutely unbelievable!

Denise said...

Hello, I am the late stragglin commentor! Sorry. MY excuse...I got 4 kids!

Love the Easter pictures. It looks like it was nice out! Love the "Mighty Max Family Picture!" Y'all look gewd!

I have been trying to get to the movies with my children for a few weeks now. We want to see Penelope.

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, I left a comment on your post this morning and it ain't there now. Did you delete me? Maybe I accidentally commented about Easter on another post. I obviously hadn't had my coffee yet.

Anyway, love the post. You and your family are also "matchy-matchy". You are just too organized for me. Family color coordination doesn't happen at the Smalley home.

You looked so chic and debonnair (sp?) You pretty thing, you.

Looks like you had fun with your family. Do you think Paul or Shari will move back to SC? Paul's boys don't even look like brothers. They are both so different. I bet Max had a ball.

Kim said...

It looks like you all had a great Easter. Max is precious in his bunny ears!

Blue jacket....A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!

Kim

Wen Wen said...

okay madonna I have to ask what is up with all the bracelets on the arm???? Quite chic I might say but there is no way I could pull that off. People would mistake me for African or something you know with all the bracelets and my savage tan from living in Florida. You looked fabulous!!!!