Monday, March 3, 2008

Max is sick...but still funny

UPDATE: Here's a picture from last night of a boy with an ear infection, the flu and 103 temp. BUT, we now have 2 rounds of antibiotic and ear drops in him so my little trooper is feeling much better!


Another sick weekend at the Clardy house. Max has kept a fever for the past couple of days and has a cough that I'm sure will bring up a lung any second now.

Anyway, just two funny things Max said over the past few days...

He got up in the middle of the night - with a fever and very thirsty. We went into the bathroom to get a drink and when he finished his water he looked in the mirror and said very seriously "my hair's a mess." Vanity must run in the family.

I was getting him out of his bath last night and he pointed at my chin and said "what's that?" I said "that's a pimple" (biggest understatement of the year). He then said "ooh, I don't want to eat that." No, son...no you don't.

By the way, a big shoutout to Donna - it's her birthday! Happy Birthday Donna!

post signature

11 comments:

Dolly said...

That little Max is such a cutie! I love the comment he made about his hair being a mess. How old is Max Jennifer? Keep the stories coming!

Kristi Smalley said...

Poor sick little Max. Give him a kiss from his Aunt Kristi (who cares that he has never met me. Ha!) Love the stories! Kids are so darn funny!

Well, I am SOOOO glad to see that you finally moved on to another post. In fact, I think you need to delete the Kristi Carr Smalley post. We have all seen it and are SICK, SICK, SICK of it.

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Dolly! Max is 4 - will be 5 in November.

Kristi - no way could I delete that post...it has become near and dear to my heart.

By the way, just got Max a doctor's appt for 4:45 this afternoon - meaning we'll be there until at least 6:00. Yuck!!!

Donna said...

Thanks for the shout out.

Sorry Max is sick. Those stories are hilarious, though! I like the first one the best:)

theowensclan said...

Max is so cute. I think humor runs in the family too! I'm sorry he's sick again. I know a lot of people with that cough going on. It doesn't seem to go away very quickly. I hope he's feeling better soon!

starzy18 said...

How funny! I can see him saying that his hair is a mess. Don't you just love when they ask about pimples! I've had that over the years working at the Meyer Center, but none of them have ever talked about eating it! Just our Max! He is just too cute!

Kellars Mommy said...

Sorry that Max isn't feeling well, Kellar woke up with a runny nose again..I say it's our weather here..we had a tornado hit like 15 miles from here, stormed like crazy and now it's supposed to snow tonight..can you believe this? crrrrazy i tell ya..hope Max gets to feeling better soon...

Anonymous said...

I hope Max feels better soon!

At least one member of our household has been ill each weekend for the past few months. I loathe it.

Denise said...

Sorry, me been "mia" for awhile. Love the cute pictures. Bless his heart--ear infection--yuck!

Love the little funny things he said. I love it when my children say things like that. Harry Jack is FULL of funny little sayings!

Hope he gets better soon!

Kristi Smalley said...

How is Max feeling today?

Joy Chafin said...

Hope Max is doing better...seems like it's been a tough winter everywhere this year. At least he hasn't lost his sense of humor! He's too cute.