Let's start with a picture from the most important day of Don's life...the day he married me. Below is all of my family in August, 2001.
The patriarch and matriarch of the Dunn family - Tuck and Sandra. They moved to Greenville from Dallas last summer (to be close to their favorite and 2nd favorite daughters). They are both retired, but Mom is starting her 2nd career as a concert pianist (well, she's in her 2nd month of piano lessons so it's a start).

My oldest sister, Shari. Shari's husband is Eric and their kids are Colton and Erica. Colton is a sophomore at DePauw University and Erica goes to high school in San Antonio. Shari and Eric live in Dallas, BUT just bought some property here so they will eventually be closer to us - at least for part of the year! Although, having Eric so close to us might be cause for concern (please refer to the 2nd picture shown below).

Another OLDER sister, Kim. Kim is married to Ted and they have 4 children and live in Kankakee, IL. Ted is a pastor and Kim works at the Christian school affiliated with their church. Eric, their oldest son, is a freshman at Pensacola Christian college. Alyssa is a senior in high school (going to Pensacola next year on a volleyball scholarship), Abby is in 8th grade and Alan is in 3rd grade.



Another OLDER sister, Andrea. Andrea has to be close to me at all times so she moved her family TWO streets over from me. She and her husband, Smitty (Scott), have two kiddos - Lily and Clay. Lily is 8 and Clay is 5. Smitty is in medical sales and Andrea is a professional TJ Maxx shopper and, in her spare time, a stay-at-home mom.
My only (and OLDER) brother, Paul. Paul and his wife, Lori, have two cute boys - Grant and Hunter. They live in Dallas where Paul is a pilot for Southwest Airlines. Lori stays at home with the boys and holds down the fort while Paul flys.



Here are just a few more pictures from my family's trip to Charleston last summer (2007).



Since my family now reads my blog I'm sure they will have something to say about my description of them or their pictures. Oh well...won't be the first time they've been upset with their YOUNGER sister! :)
P.S. I'll do another post about Don's family. This post was getting way too long and I know you're ready to move on.







12 comments:
Hey Jennifer, GOOD POST. I am so proud of you. The only pictures that are opening are the one of Kim and the girls and the one above it of her husband with all of the kids. None of the others are opening at all. Please fix this for me b/c I am sitting on the edge of my seat with anticipation.
You have a very nice family. Looks like y'all have a fun time when you all get together. Your sister would love our family---we are TJMAXX nuts, too.
Also, you and Don got married the month before we did!
Clap, clap, clap! Love the post. What a swell lookin family! You ALL photograph well too.
We tried that beach pose a few years ago with our family. We had 8 less grandchildren and a couple less bros in law----needless to say, the pictures didn't turn out.
Love the latest family pose too. AGAIN you all photograph well and MATCH! Coming from a family of 21 peeps, I know that is HARD to do.
Love the post. Now, onto Don.
LOVED the post Jennifer! Good job! I feel like I know your family well now. You are all such beautiful girls! I can't open all the pictures either. Hopefully you'll fix this for us!
Can you guys see all the pictures now?? They're showing up fine for me, but I uploaded all of them again just to make sure. Is anyone else having problems with pictures? Blogger will only let me upload one at a time - what a pain!
B-E-A-Utiful Jennifer! They are all showing up perfect! Your family looks so fun! I forgot you were the youngest of 5! Your brother probably LOVED being the only brother amoungst all you girls.
I love the pictures of your family! You look like your sister, Andrea. Great post!
Yeah!!! Finally, I can see all the pictures. Loved seeing the family. I am a little worried about Eric with the cut-off T-shirt. What was Shari thinking? LOL!
You are all so photogenic. My family is the opposite, especially me and my mother. It is a joke about how bad we look in pictures. We all have the fake smile that looks like we are gritting our teeth.
You and Andrea look the most alike out of the siblings. Paul in drag would look like you both too, Ha!
Speaking of Paul, I used to have a crush on him in high school but he wouldn't give me the time of day. Boy, did he miss out! LOLOL!!!!
Hey Jen!! Notice how I am already commenting on your post today!! hint hint!! Anyway everyone looks great. I have not seen your parents or pics of them in forever. I will never forget the day we walked down to their house after the flood. It was not a pretty sight and neither was our house. Anyway, tell me how to get in touch with Shari. We talked a little right after momma died and her and Eric came over for a New Year's Eve party but haven't really talked since. Give me her email or something. I used to have a crush on Paul too but really it was Kris and I were just so busy with all our other dates and all (with Aaron Manley and Jason Martin--dry heave dry heave) we would not give HIM the time of day!! HA HA HA!!
Thank you guys for all the sweet comments about my family! I think I'll keep them around for a little while longer...
Oh my goodness-I forgot Kristi and Wendy made out with Aaron Manley and Jason Martin! One word-HOTNESS! I remember when several girls and I were going over to the Manly's house and Aaron drove us. He wouldn't let us eat or drink in his car - that red transam or firebird. Whatever happened to them? Did you guys have a 20 year reunion last year? Don graduated in 87 too so we went to his - in the hills of East Tennessee!
you do have a beautiful family. i got confused between you and your sister....you really so look a lot alike.
By the way....the comment you left on my blog REALLY cracked me up!!!....LOL
Kim
OK, Wendy, you may have let boys "have their way with you" but I want to go on record to say that I NEVER touched Jason or Aaron. YUK!!!! Yeah.....me and Wen.....we had quite a way with the fellas.....so smooth....so cool....such heartbreakers....we were nothing but two hunk-a, hunk-a burnin' loves! (No eye rolling Jennifer)
Post a Comment