Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hotlanta

Max and I decided to wrap up spring break by heading to Hotlanta to visit my friend, Cheri. Cheri and I have known each other since 3rd grade. We met when both our brothers played soccer and we would end up playing together and then walking to Wendy's to buy a Frosty. Oh the stories I have about Cheri...that girl was a NUT (she still is but has to keep it under wraps now because she's a pastor's wife)! I won't mention how she called into the local Christian TV station pretending to be crying and asking prayer for her toe that was hurt...we thought it was hilarious, but something tells me we won't be getting any jewels in our crown for that one.

Here's Cheri with her adorable son, Harrison.
Cheri's daughter, Emma Grace, giving Max a push. That Emma Grace was so motherly and caring to Max - such a sweet little girl.
We went to the Marietta town square to eat pizza and let the kids play on a cool train.

Cheri's terrific husband, Paul, who read the kids a story before bed. Cheri definitely got herself a keeper!
Just a quick little "Max story." Before we ate pizza Cheri said the blessing. Well, Harrison then wanted to pray and, of course, Emma Grace had to pray too. Cheri asked if Max wanted to pray and he said yes (he normally won't do it because he gets embarrassed). So, Max put his hands together, closed his eyes and then began his prayer that went a little something like this...."Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are." We all died laughing...now he definitely won't want to pray again!

post signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great treat to hit Hotlanta. We are thinking we may do the same thing week after next when the girls are out of school. You shot some really great pictures. I love the blessing story. I just posted EK saying the blessing on my blog. I think Max is just precious!!!
Shay

Wen Wen said...

Jen, poor little Max is now scarred for life. If he is ever asked to pray in school or Sunday School you can bet on him curling up in the fetal position and starting to rock!!!!

Denise said...

Hotlanta!!!! Yea!!! Love it, miss it! Lovely pictures of the children. CUTE story about Max. Bless his heart. He will never want to pray out loud now.

Donna said...

Cute kids! Cute pictures. Glad you had a fun time. Max is A--DORABLE!

Dolly said...

This was a fun post to read. Jennifer, you're quite the photographer. All your pictures turn out so good.

Max is too cute! I love reading fun stories about him. He wanted to be with the big kids praying too!

Kristi Smalley said...

GOOD POST!!! I'm glad you had such a good time in Atlanta. It was so good to see a picture of Paul. I bet he is the best husband. Wendy, do you know who that is?...Paul Jiminez from Liberty. He married Jennifer's friend, Cheri. Isn't that a small world. He looks the same.

So cute about Max. Poor little thing....his mother has now given him a "prayer phobia". We all need to pray for him that he won't become a heathen b/c his mother mocked him. LOLOL!!!

Kellars Mommy said...

I do agree your pics are wonderful..Max cracks me up, I bet he's loads of fun to be around..Cute prayer!!!

Melissa said...

Great pictures! Max is too funny. Looks like fun. I am sure Max loved the train.

Melissa

3 Peanuts said...

Looks like fun with good friends. I love mAx's prayer.

You photography looks fabulous.

Kim

Kim said...

Your tagged...check out my blog for details.

Kim

Joy Chafin said...

I was admiring all those gorgeous kids and your great photography, and then saw the picture of Paul! I met Cheri back when they were dating, but didn't immediately recognize her. Paul looks the exact same!! He and my brother were really good friends at Liberty, and I always loved Paul. I mean, how could you not love someone who gets you in to meet Jesse Helms? I mean, I had the Jesse bumper sticker and all back in the day.

Anyhoo, I'm so glad that you had a great trip and got to visit with such good friends. I've always thought so much of Paul and his family, and really liked Cheri even though I only met her briefly.

Your Max stories are the BEST.

Jennifer said...

Joy - is it a small world or what! That is so funny that you know Paul and Cheri. Now that I think about it, it does seem like I remember Kristi saying something about your brother knowing Paul. He really is a good guy and Cheri is the best too.

That's so funny about Jesse Helms. I never got the invite to meet him...I'll have to say something to Paul and Cheri about that! :)