Thursday, April 30, 2009

Max, are you serious?

This is exactly what I asked Max yesterday when he informed me from the middle of the ball pit (see picture of it below) that he had lost his glasses. This ball pit is part of a huge play area at the car dealership where I was getting my oil changed.

playarea

So, yep, this large pregnant woman had to crawl through those two round holes that you see and into the middle of the ball pit. I'm convinced one of the babies lost blood supply as I was squeezing myself through the second hole. I told Max to get out because he was only making matters worse (still throwing balls everywhere) and then proceeded to spend the next 5 minutes combing through the nasty balls trying to find his glasses. I seriously was laughing out loud when I was in there because it had to be the most hilarious sight! We were the only ones in the waiting area but I know there are some security cameras that probably caught it...they better not send that footage in to America's Funniest Home Videos!

Good news...I found the glasses. Bad news...I probably have swine flu from touching all the nastiness that was in there.

Just a little video of me asking Max about what just happened...apparently he thought the glasses were still lost.

18 comments:

Holly said...

OK I am a friend of Kelly's and I have been lurking around for a little bit, but I had to come out of the closet. THAT was some FUNNY Business! Thanks for the laugh!
Holly

Momofgirls said...

Oh Man, I am crying laughing over this one! Poor Max!! WWWWhhhhyyyyy didn't you get someone to crawl in there and look for the glasses FOR YOU?? (and since you didn't, why on earth did you NOT get someone to video you crawling in there!)

PLEASE take a bath in Purell today! And scrub that cutie pie down too!!

Glad you found the glasses!!

theowensclan said...

Oh my! I'm lost for words. I know that feeling about finding lost glasses though. Max can't go without them, and they are VERY expensive to replace. I just got home from buying new glasses for both of my boys, plus contacts for me and one of my boys. We spent $631.00!! Uhg! I'm glad y'all found them and they weren't broken.

FBIL said...

Oh Jennifer!
I am so glad to hear that you are alright!
I am surprised that someone operating the security camera didn't see you and call the fire department to get you out of there with that machine called "the jaws of life"! You could have given them a heart attack.
My other visual of this reminds me of the gorilla exhibit at the zoo....wow!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Oh my goodness... you are one amazing mom! I wish I could have seen you in there:). I bet you will sleep so well tonight!!!
Blessings,
Shay

Kelly said...

This was such a funny story that my "BFF" Holly had to comment!! I am dying laughing...he seemed so remorseful!!

Kelly W

Unknown said...

I'm sorry but that is H-I-L-arious. I wish I could've been a fly on the net when you were crawling through those holes. I'm SURE glad you found them!

Windsor said...

That is too funny! I wish I was there to have seen that! Of course it would happen only to a woman who is 8/9 months pregnant with twins. (: Since Walker wears glasses and they cost $600 to replace I know what it is like to go to the depths of gross to find/get those glasses!

Kristi Smalley said...

Oh Jennifer....what I would've given to see you crawling in those balls. HILARIOUS!!!! I'm glad you found the glasses but I am really sorry about the Swine Flu. Maybe it will pass quickly and you won't kick the bucket before the babies come.

FBIL, You are too funny!

Walking Mom said...

I GIVE UP!!!! As Jennifer's mother, I truly did teach her not to get herself in places she should not be in; to call for help when in trouble and to always use common sense when in a difficult situation. It is obvious, she applied none of these rules to this episode. If she were not so pregnant, I think I would spank her bottom good. That girl....she is way too much like her Mother and Grandmother. Do or die trying.
And, if the balls were that nasty, why was Max in there in the first place??????? I think I am going to have to start going with her everywhere she goes from now on until those babies come. It is becoming more and more obvious that it is not just her stomach that is being affected by this pregnancy. There may be a little leaking of the brain fluids as well. At least I heard about it after it was over and done. I can just see her now, calling me from the middle of all those balls and asking me to come and rescue her. I can also visualize Andrea and I crawling in that thing trying to get her out. I don't think even the "Jaws of LIfe" could have lived through that.

Kim said...

What always amazes me about Jennifer is that she always has her camera. This was so funny I had to share with the girls I work with. They too got a good laugh.

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, my sister Kim has now left TWO comments...this is BIG news! :) Thanks Kim! The picture was taken with my cell phone and I always have my little Flip video camera in my purse...just never know when you're going to have a blog worthy moment that needs to be captured!

Holly, I thought your picture looked familiar - it's from seeing it on Kelly's blog. I'm glad the visual of me in the pits could bring you out of the closet. :) HA HA Now, what kind of BFF is Kelly? :)

Windsor, I'm with you on the glasses. Max's are so expensive - they have a bifocal and are thick on one side - there was no way I was NOT going to find them! By the way, Max got his card yesterday in the mail...THANKS again! :)

Mother, something tells me you would have done the same thing...right? :)

Anne said...

Oh, my! You win a Mom Medal for that moment. Don't you just want to die when you have to do something like that for your kid? Like, you have no choice. You have to do it even though it's the last thing on earth you want to do.

I thought it before I read that you wrote it... Bet she got the swine flu in all those balls.

I've had to retrieve my children from the tops of those climb things at places like Chick-fil-A and where ever else they have them, if that makes you feel any better. And once Jack cleared the play area at Chick-fil-A because he peed his pants. So, yeah, that was cool, too. Had to climb up there and get him. Anyway...

Happy Four said...

I would have put my hands in the air and said, "What am I going to do with you?" - I seem to say that frequently. Then, I would absolutely have called for back up...aka...a certified ball climber with keen skills for retrieving lost glasses otherwise known as car salesman or office personnel :)

Donna said...

Jennifer Clardy! I am laughing out loud, too! I can only imagine seeing you climb through that thing and then sitting there laughing as you dug in those nasty balls. I saw a clip on the news one time and they did testing on those ball pits. There was POOP everywhere in them!!!! I'm sure you gave Max and yourself a good scrubbing last night. Kind of cool that a car place has that in there for the kids, though:)

Yes, Kim! I'm so glad you are commenting on Jennifer's blog. Now I feel like I know all the Dunns:)

Walking Mom said...

Well of course I would have done the same things. However, I was never pregnant with twins!!! Even if you did weight 10 lbs. 1 oz, there was still only one in there. Come to think of it, your little ones don't weight that much yet, do they? I do remember climbing to the top of a cattle trailer when I was about 8 months pregnant and one of my Mother-in-laws best friends almost had a heart attack. She screamed at me to get down and didn't I know that the cord could get around the baby's neck and choke it with my reaching up and climbing on those metal bars. First time I had heard that "Old Wives Tale." But I got down as she was one woman I didn't want to mess with. Her name was Viola Tomlin. Sweet lady but pretty bossy. But, don't do as I do; do as I say. And I say: Stay out of the play ball areas.

Denise said...

No way! You win the prize--big time! Thank you for blogging about it for us! UNREAL! Bless your sweet little heart!

Well, at least you have a good story to tell for the rest of your life. And by the way, I don't think I could have EVER fit in those holes with any of my ONE baby pregnancies! Good for you JFTB. You've still got it.

Kim--Heeeeeeeellooooooo!

FBIL--again, you make me laugh!

Dolly said...

Now this is a funny post! Max looked a little nervous when you were asking him who found his glasses. Almost like he was going to get in trouble so he stumbled a little. And I too would have LOVED to have seen you crawling through those holes! I bet some of those car wash guys loved watching that one.

Glad you found them! And glad you didn't go into labor in the balls! Hahahah! Can you imagine?