Friday, April 24, 2009

Little visitor

Guess who got to stay at my house yesterday???

jane2

Baby Jane Logan! How cute is she! Denise and Donna were in town for a funeral so Jane stayed at my house. My mother came over to help me because I didn't know how much this belly would get in the way and thank goodness...she and Jane were TIGHT by the time she left! It was so much fun hanging with Donna and Denise for a few hours and we ended the evening with some ice cream from Cold Stone! I saw Dolly, Dawn, Dayna, and Mr. and Mrs. Reber for all of about 2 minutes, but glad I at least got to say hello.

Max loved having Jane around and got some good practice with entertaining babies. I laughed because this morning when we were eating breakfast he asked "How does baby Jane kiss?" Funny what goes through a 5 year old's mind.

001

denise2
(I just realized that I didn't get a picture of Donna. As a seasoned blogger I'm very disappointed in myself.)

In other news, we had another ultrasound this morning. Get this...they estimated the boy's weight to be 4 lbs 12 oz and the girl's weight to be 3 lbs 12 oz! I've got 8 1/2 pounds of baby I'm carrying around right now...no wonder my back hurts! :) They weren't concerned about the 1 lb. difference between the two because the girl has been steadily growing and is still above average on weight. It's always a relief to see them and see that everything appears to be going well. I have an appointment with my regular doctor on Monday and I'm hoping that I can go ahead and get our c-section scheduled for my 37th week (just a little over 6 weeks away). Let the countdown begin!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

17 comments:

Donna said...

Oh my goodness! I love that picture of sweet Baby Jane! SHe is the BEST Baby and is so sweet. We had such a good time with you and your family yesterday. It was like we'd all been great friends all of our lives:)

I'm so glad the ultrasound went well. Those babies are growing nicely!! Did you get any pictures?

Melissa said...

Baby Jane is adorable. I love her outfit. Boy's clothes are never that cute.
That is an amazing weight for baby boy Clardy. You are growing big babies this time! Keep those legs crossed, and the 6 weeks will fly by.

Rose said...

She is precious! that is so cool that you all get to hang out!

Wow, I can't believe you are carrying all that around and still have 6 weeks? and look soooo great! you go girl!

Donna said...

Guys, believe me. Jennifer looks GREAT! Seriously, when I saw her in person, her belly was not as big as I imagined it would be. There is no swelling on that girl anywhere! She makes pregnancy (even with twins) appealing:)

Shari said...

I could eat that Baby Jane up!!!! Is that red hair on her??? Love it!

Jen - can you go to 7 weeks and have the baby on the 16th? I would let you off the hook from ever sending me another birthday gift if you did that for me. Hang on a little longer!!!!!

Unknown said...

I heard all about your sweet little visitor. How fun!!!! That Max is a PUNKIN! Denise, you look so purdy in that picture. I'm glad you got a little getaway w/ just you and Baby Jane!

Dolly said...

Oh my goodness! I got the biggest smile on my face when I saw that beautiful smiling picture of Jane. How sweet! I'm SOOOOO sad I didn't get to hang with your girls but it was fun seeing you for 2 minutes and meeting your other beautiful sister Andrea. Of course it was great to see Mighty Max again too! And I agree with Donna. Jennifer, you look AMAZING! Our car was talking about it when we left you. For some reason your belly looks bigger in the pictures than it does in real life. You're a beautiful mommy!

Dolly said...

Oh, and call me crazy but I think baby Jane could pass as your moms little baby. They look like mother/daughter to me. Weird! hahahaha

Nikki said...

What? I was so confused when I saw Jane on your blog! That is so neat. She looks adorable in those pictures. Max seems to be excited and ready for having 2 babies around soon. He is all smiles in that picture with Jane.

Looks like you girls had some good times together and even had time to squeeze in some cold stone! :)

jane said...

Isn't she the cutest thing with that round face and those cheeks! Smiles all the time. I decided while I was holding Jane this morning that we not only share the same name but that we are built alike!!!! Chunky and pudgy!! Funny how it is cute on a baby and NOT so cute on an old lady!!!! Great news on the ultrasound.....not much longer. You take care and stay off your feet and rest.....

Momofgirls said...

How could she not be cute...her siblings and cousins are straight out of Baby Gap! (and don't get me started on her "Hot Mama"!

How fun to see the Rebers (although a sad occasion) How nice that they all made the effort to come for the funeral, so many people don't do that anymore.

I am glad your pregnancy is progressing so nicely! I hope those babies stay nice and safe for 6 more weeks!! (I am praying!)

I guess we should be expecting the post about the new celebrity-worthy-custom-designed nursery soon!

Kristi Smalley said...

OH HOW JEALOUS AM I!!!! You got to see all your blog peeps and keep Baby Jane. (Sniff, sniff)

I wish I could've joined you but I'm glad you all got to visit and have a great time.

Denise, you do look so pretty in that picture. Baby Jane is a CLONE of Harry Jack.

It's a Mom Thing said...

What a cutie! I love her hair. Neither of mine have/had much hair at that age. I'm glad Max got some "brother practice" in with Jane.

Can't believe you only have 6 weeks left. Just hole up in the a/c somewhere and rest. Glad to know the babies are doing well!

Walking Mom said...

Dolly, you are right. That baby Jane could be mine....round face, double chin...Of course, I have teeth and a wee bit more hair. She is a sweetheart and just adorable to hold and play with. I enjoyed her so much. I have to also agree with the other jane who said how cute chunky and pudgy looks on a baby, but not so cute on us older girls. Oh well, there is just more of us to love, I guess. I also enjoyed getting to know Donna and Denise. I told them it was like Jennifer had pen pals and actually got to meet them in person. What a great bunch of ladies and their friendship is treasured by Jennifer. The next time Baby Jane is in the area, please bring her back. She is precious and Max and I had a ball with her.

Kelly said...

What a precious baby!!

I can't believe your babies are so big! Keep eating that ice cream! They are going to be such healthy babies!

Kelly

Denise said...

Oh my stars! I know I left a comment on her earlier this weekend--now I cannot find it. I bet I was in the middle of typing it and had to get up and do something and one of my little ones swooped in and went to a new web page.

Oh well, I had said what a absolute JOY it was to meet the Clardydunnsmith's! We loved seeing Jennifer again and we met Max, and Walking Mom (Mrs. Dunn), Andrea, and her two cuties Lilly and Clay and the famous Mr. Clardy! Very nice peeps indeed!

You guys are the sweetest family. I cannot say thank you ENOUGH for helping me out with Jane! Seriously, it is incredible how this all unfolded! Thank you Jesus that we met JFTB!

And, I must add, that Jennifer looks GRRRREAT! She's one hot baby ma-ma!

Happy Four said...

Love the update and photographs. How wonderful that you were able to spend time with Jane so that Denise could attend the funeral. It never ceases to amaze me how God entwines heart and friendships for His purpose.

Great news on the weight of the babies...praise the Lord and praying!