My good blog friends - Denise, Dolly and Donna - came to me and asked if they could give me a shower for these babies. Of course I said yes, but was slightly confused about the logistics - Denise lives in Florida, Dolly in Virginia, and Donna in North Carolina. Well, these creative sisters came up with a great idea (actually my buddy Nikki is probably considered the original blog shower hostess) to host a shower and invite friends from all over the country. So, they posted an invite on their blogs and friends RSVP'd. They even set up my own shower blog...check it out by clicking HERE! Oh, and you may want to check out THIS first post which does a better job of explaining a blog shower.
By the way, quite a few of these girls showering me with gifts are people I've never met...some good gals I tell ya! I first met Denise through my CRAZY high school friend Kristi (just read her post on the shower blog and you'll know why I call her crazy) and then I met Donna and Dolly. And then from there I met all these other people who are all connected - a lot of them through Liberty University. Oh, and then I met moms and mother-in-laws, cousins, friends of friends, etc...it just goes on and on. I never imagined that by starting a simple blog to "scrapbook" about my little family I could meet such great friends, but I have. It's great!
They also sent out party favors to everyone...how awesome is this! Do these girls know me or what?

Friends have been posting their sweet gifts and then they'll mail them my way. Everyone gets to see what's going on in the relaxing atmosphere of their own home. In fact, here is where I've been for most of the day...

(please notice the bag of peanut butter M&M's, the heating pad, the extra pillows and the glass of sweet tea...pregnancy essentials)
And I managed to watch a little of The Young and the Restless while participating in my shower this afternoon. This girl below recently had a baby and lied about the identity of the father (she said the baby belonged to one guy, but it was really his brother's baby who coincidentally is in love with another woman but this girl below and the real father got married anyway but he's still in love with the other woman - got that?). My tv was muted, but I'm assuming she was praying in a church to ask for forgiveness.

I'm having a ball today and I cannot think Denise, Donna and Dolly enough! They really have put so much time and effort into this and it has meant so much to me. THANK YOU REBER SISTAS!!!







13 comments:
Goodness, I am finally getting to look at the other blogs I frequent daily!
Jennifer, what a sweet post. I love that you took a picture of your chair. Oh, how I wish I was you, sitting in that chair watching TV, surfing the blogs, sweet tea, M&M's...BUT without the belly!
Laughing at the Y & R girl "praying" in church. That show must be a Christian show if she is praying--laughing!
SOOO funny! The word I have to type for the security thing below is "sonshne"--get it
sonshine/Dolly/the beach???!! Anyway...
What a wonderful thing! I just participated in a blog shower about two weeks ago. I can't wait to see what those precious babies get!!! You sure have some sweet friends!
Blessings,
Shay
This is so awesome Jennifer! I know you'll be having a blast all weekend and you don't even have to get all dolled up for it! You do have some really sweet "virtual friends!"
Love ya!
-T
What a neat way to celebrate those special ones coming your way!
Kelly
You're a Y&R fan too? I used to watch it religiously (that's kind of an oxy-moron :)ha!) but once I had my babies, I couldn't find the time. How's Nikki, Victor, and Phyllis? Are Phyllis and Nick MARRIED? I saw that on a Soap Opera digest in the store? What happened to the cute blonde he used to be married to? Whew? see what I mean? It's been a while.
I love your little blog shower day set up. The big comfy chair, the heating pad. It's perfect! You don't have to get all gussied up, just sit back relax and enjoy!
I'm glad to see you eating m&m's and sweet tea...I was beginning to think you were one of those extremely healthy gals who don't splurge. You look so doggone good!
How special. What awesome friends you have. This blogging community is unbelievable. Congratulations on all your goodies. You deserve them. :)
Great chair Jennifer. Your shower is just awesome.
haha! Love the chair setup. The bag of M&Ms makes me laugh!! Hey, enjoy it now. I often wish I would have taken more advantage of being pregnant and eaten a lot more "good" food!!
Blog showers are the best. You don't have to get dressed up in the best nice maternity outfit that still looks nice on you, you don't have to small talk with people and you don't have to make sure you have the perfect reaction to each gift!!
LOL at the sonshine comment, Denise!
Blog showers really are the best..you get to include so many people that would not normally get to be a part! I am glad you are taking it easy! I ate peanutbutter M&M's during one of my pregnancies too-I swore they helped with the heartburn!!
Grat post explaing the blog shower!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Ain't those Reber girls the best! So glad one of my boys was smart enough to bring one home. Enjoy your week and God bless and eat some M&M's for me. I do love those things. I can eat a lb. bag in one day.
Ah that was a sweet post Jennifer and a sweet comment Jane.
I loved seeing that atmosphere you created for your shower. That chair looks SO COMFY! This blog shower is really the way to go with showers. It was so fun to do too! You deserve it Jenny girl. We probably won't see you in the blog world for a few months once those little ones come so enjoy sitting in front of you computer as much as you can now!
Are you exhausted after you weekend shower? I am sure you don't want to mess with the computer but don't forget to send a "belly profile" picture!
Take care and rest up..you are going to need it.
Hey girls!
What happened to the fun chatter we had at the baby shower blog?
It's not over yet as Angela just posted some great gifts...come on!
Let's blog!
Post a Comment