Thursday, August 21, 2008

K-4

Max's school had their open house tonight and Max got to meet all of his new classmates. His teacher, Mrs. Stoddard, came to our house one evening last week so we had already met her and thought she was great - she has four sons so I'm thinking she'll be a good fit for my boy. He was a little timid when we first walked in, but all that was forgotten when he saw a big basket of Thomas trains!

How and when did my little baby get so big? I'm so proud of him and everything he's accomplished in his short little life - he's my little miracle boy!

Max and Mrs. Stoddard Something tells me he won't always let me take his picture in front of his friends and teachers.
I'm off to bed. I kept my neighbor's two little girls today and have them again tomorrow and I must admit that I'm a little tired. They are so cute and are really good, but I'm just not use to having a baby around the house. But, I'll tell you what, when that sweet Juliana woke up from her nap this afternoon and just snuggled with me for about 15 minutes...oh my goodness, I was in heaven...nothing like a sleepy, cuddly baby! :)

We're going to see Don's grandmother in TN tomorrow...can you say WILD WEEKEND! Let me tell you, those seniors in assisted living homes know how to have a good time!

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Max is adorable! So does school start next week? If so, YIPEE!

Have fun at the retirement home - live it up!

Walking Mom said...

She is just saying those nice things about the nursing home because she wants us to believe they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and we will be packing our bags to get into one. Not so fast, little missy.

Donna said...

Max is so sweet! Have fun with all of your senior friends.

Kristi Smalley said...

Are you emotional about Max? I would be, for sure! I hate to tell you this but from Kindergarten to high school goes TONS FASTER than birth to Kindergarten. My head is spinning at where the time goes with my boys. It just keeps accelerating.

Have fun with Don's granny. You need to make the day of the people in the home and lead them all in a sing-a-long of old gospel songs. Come on, Jenny, you can do it.

theowensclan said...

Max is such a big boy. I can just imagine his reaction when he saw those trains. I am so excited for him. This will be a great year!

P.S. Are you driving to TN in the car with the broken air? Or did you get that fixed?

Denise said...

Schweet! Wow, a teacher that comes to the house! I never had that! Very nice of Mrs. Stoddard! Max it going to do great! Is this school part of your church?

Dolly said...

What a sweet post. I love the picture of Max in his classroom. He's growing up! He's such a handsome little guy too.

Can't wait to see pics with all your Senior friends.

Melissa said...

I had tears forming in my eyes when I saw his picture at his new school. I am so proud of him. He is such a smart little boy. He is going to do well. You guys made a good choice.
He is so different from the little baby that I met 3 years ago. It is funny that I first got him to start talking by playing with a train set. It all started with a choo choo sound and went from there.

Melissa

Kellars Mommy said...

Wow K4! and here I am stressing over Pre-K 3. How was your wild weekend? I remember when my nanny was in there we would take her a bag of 3 musketeers and they were put up for her to have as a snack, well one day we walked in and I said nanny have you been in your chocolate, she said no why..haha it was ALL over her face. Then I look out in the hallway and there's this older man flying down the hallway in his wheelchair with the nurses running after him, ha you're right it's wild in there!

Anonymous said...

So happy Max loves his teacher and school! What a blessing. Hope your trip to TN was great! Hope you have a great week!!!