So, Cheri and I are sitting in her living room talking and the kids are upstairs playing. I'm in the middle of a story and she interrupts and just says "what is that?" I could tell by the way she said it that it wasn't just a little roach. I immediately thought it was a rat and refused to look. But, she started to squeal a little so I finally got up my nerve and looked. Yep, I screamed like a little girl and stood up in my chair. And this, my friends, is what I saw...


That is a lizard covered in dust bunnies...better known as the DUST BUNNY LIZARD!! Of course, all the kids came running down and then they all started screaming. Cheri got a paper bag and a fly swatter and somehow got it into the bag and then took it outside. Now, Cheri really does keep a clean house, but I guess this lizard somehow managed to get under a piece of furniture that had been neglected.
Anyway, we had a great time and Max just loves playing with Harrison, Cheri's son. They're just a few months apart in age and share the same love of trains. Cheri and I sat in the kitchen drinking coffee the other morning and didn't hear a word from them for 2 hours. When we finally checked on them they were just playing away - mommy likey!






There was a down side to the trip...my car AC went out the day I got there so we rode all the way home (2 1/2 hours) with my front windows rolled down and in 95 degree heat. Not the most fun thing I've ever done...and definitely not the quietest.
7 comments:
Oh my word that animal was disgusting. The word Narley (spelling) also comes to mind. Yuck. Glad the kids played so well together!
OK, your first picture made it look much more treacherous than it was in the next picture. At first, I was horrifed and thought it was like a giant 40 lb. salamander coming after you. I bet she will love having her dust covered friend showcased in your blog. I would've freaked out to.
Harrison looks like Paul doesn't he? I'm sorry about your car air. How miserable. So how much weight did you lose with all that sweating?
That is so gross! I'm not a reptile person. When does Max start school?
Oh my is that real!?? I would say that your friend needs to do some house work...but I too had a lizard in my house a few years back. In my fury to kill him I amputated his tail and then I had a tailless lizard running through the house. Not my finest housekeeping moment!!
Our paths continue to keep crossing. What next...are we related?!? :) HA
Kelly
That is out of control!! I am going to have nightmares now! I'll need to take Benedryl tonight just to get to sleep. I have frog/lizzard phobia!!!! Jennifer, I should not have looked at this at night.
The air thing!?! No words.
Are you sure that isn't one of those fake, jelly looking lizards? It looks fake! That is nasty, though. Sorry about the A/C. That must have been rough! I love Max's skinny little legs, too:)
GROSS! I would have screamed and jumped up on the chair too. It really DOES look like a jelly lizard and not real. Good job getting a picture.
Max sure has had a busy summer swimming and playing with friends/cousins. That's good. Your sisters kids are really cute!
Post a Comment