Let's just say that I walked out of Publix feeling like I had just saved the world...see the picture below...all of that cost me only $3.06! That jar of peanut butter was only .22 cents! Now you professional coupons girls (Nancy, Donna) don't laugh at me...you probably could have gotten all that for under a dollar, but hey, it was my first time! :) Oh, and the best thing about this trip was that some nice shopper had left a stack of $2.00 off coupons on the Ziploc bag shelf. I was going to use a .40 cent coupon but this one was a lot better...I did take a few more to use at a later date too.
Well, my feeling of euphoria soon left me because I didn't do as well at Ingles. I was buying some higher price items (vitamins, soy milk, chinese dinner) but I still thought I would do better than I did - $21.84. I forgot to take a picture of just the Ingles stuff so the picture below includes everything I bought at both stores.
Can I just say that Don has fallen in love with me all over again...nothing makes him happier than NOT spending money. He's keeping his fingers crossed I keep this up.
So, here's my list of what I got:
Publix (total spent $3.06)
2 boxes Ziploc bags (1.00)
2 boxes Old ElPaso dinner kit (1.69)
1 jar of Peter Pan peanut better (.22)
Ingles (total spent $21.84)
2 soy milk (6.00)
2 Ken's salad dressings (1.00)
1 spray starch (.98)
1 K.Pao Chicken dinner (2.98)
1 Flintstones vitamins (4.98)
1 box of Ingles brand oatmeal (2.27)
3 boxes of Kleenex (3.02) this bugged me because I thought I could get these cheaper
Okay all you coupons queens/bargain shoppers out there...where did I mess up and what can I do better next time???







11 comments:
Wow Jennifer! I'm proud of you for being willing to figure all this coupon saving stuff out. I'm like you. I try and try to save a lot but it's never as much as the coupon queens. You inspire me to stick with it and try and figure it out. Good for you! Love the pictures of you and Don! He's a good sport.
I'll have to fill Donna and Denise in on your new post. They don't have computers with them these next couple of days. Donna will be so proud! Keep it up!
Way to go! I'm very impressed. Ziploc bags are not cheap. I'm not familiar with Ingles and Publix - do they double coupons every day?
Hey- You ROCK! That is great- I never use coupons but feel compelled to now. All I want to know is how was the K Pao dinner and what kind??? We love chinese but never cook it at home! I am excited!!!
Shay
Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer...what a little Proverbs 31 you are. I bet you clothed Max in scarlet when you got home, too. I'm so proud of you. I really need to get back to coupon clipping. I used to do it all the time but I HATE the grocery store and using coupons only prolongs my hell.
Have you tried the CVS or Walgreens game?!? It is so fun to get things for free! http://iheartcvs.com/
I can't wait to hear your next adventure.
Kelly
I try to live very frugally but have never seemed to get the hang of "couponing." I did try the Grocery Game a while back but just wasn't willing to grocery-hop every week. I know it works for a lot of people, though, and they save a ton. Don't you love that rush you get when you save a lot of money or get a really good deal. Maybe it's just me?
Way to go!!! I always say that "Rich" people shop at Publix/Bi-Lo/Ingles. It seems things cost so much more at those stores. So you did GREAT!! You have convinced me to give it a try. I go to Wal-Mart and at least feel like I'm getting a lower price, even without coupons. I wonder how cheap my total would be with coupons at Wal-Mart? Hmmmm? Why don't you go ahead and try that out for me and let me know how it goes!?!
Are you hording coupons to Chick -fil-a too?
Jennifer Clardy! Me so proud of you!!! I am in VA and I had no internet until tonight. Dolly told me about your post so of course I had to check your blog asap. GOOD JOB! I will admit that it takes lots of practice to get good at this coupon thing. You did great! I love that you got all of that for $3! Way to go. I did the grocery game for that free trial thing, but I didn't quite understand it. THat one coupon blog I go to does the same thing for Harris Teeter, Bi-Lo, Lowes and Food Lion so I just use that. Don't y'all have HT's and Bi-Lo's in Greenville? They both double coupons every day, just a little FYI.
That picture of Don is hilarious. He looks just like Max in that pic!
Good job, and I am SOO glad I helped recruit you:) My heart is proud.
Clap clap clap! Jennifer! Me so proud of you too. Don't you LOVE Pulbix??? You cannot beat the "buy one get ones" they have, especially when you have a coupon. Sadly, NO one in our area does double coupons.
Cute pictures too!
Nancy - Ingles doubles their coupons up to .50 but Publix does not. Unfortunately, we don't have a Harris Teeter...bummer!!
Shay - I have not made the chinese food yet, but I'll let you know how it is. I bought it because I could get it cheap and it would be one meal I wouldn't have to think too much about!
Kelly - I'm SO going to try the CVS game!!! Thanks for the info!
Post a Comment