Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another day, another triathlon

Don did the Greenville Triathlon this morning and did well...again! He got a really bad leg cramp while on the bike and literally had to lay his bike down and crawl to the side so that he could stretch it out. But, he lived up to his name and THE STUD kept on going! But, he did have some competition today...the Hot Mamas relay team decided to give him a run (no pun intended) for his money. My sister and her friends, Jennifer and Rita, did the triathlon as a relay team - Rita swam, Jennifer biked and Andrea ran. They did great too...especially since it was their first time.

I'm bummed, though, because a lot of my pictures didn't turn out the way I would have liked - it was raining when we first got there and my camera kept fogging up and I forgot to put it on "sports" mode. And, I'm bummed because I missed Don's swim. He had just gotten out of the pool and was running past us just as we walked into the pool area. Enough whining...here are some pictures from the race.

In the pool area when we first got there. Can you tell the kids have been up since 6 am?This is the first picture I took of Don. He got off his bike and immediately started limping into the transition area. I didn't know that he had the cramp - I thought maybe he had fallen or pulled something.The Man in Black!Starting the last leg of the race.See ya at the finish line!He's finishing strong!Don and his training partner, Jamie. Poor Jamie got a flat tire in the bike ride and wasn't able to complete the race.I like this picture of Don because of his smile. By the way, he didn't wet his pants...he had his triathlon shorts on underneath.Max is keeping himself entertained...my little tree hugger.Andrea and Jennifer waiting for Rita to come out of the pool. Do they look nervous to you?Here comes Rita!And off goes Jennifer!And last, but not least, Andrea finishing it off with the run. Notice how she's smiling in this picture...She ain't smiling in this one! :) This was halfway through the run.See ya at the finish line!And here she comes for the big finale...Jackie Joyner Kersee ain't got nothin' on her!Here they are...THE HOT MAMAS!!!I ran into one of my good and oldest buddies...Tina. We've been friends since we were in the same kindergarten class. She also was part of a relay team and ran for her team. I was laughing at her because the entire time she was running she had this big ole' smile on her face...so cute!
Max has one more week of summer before he starts K-4. So, we're heading down to Atlanta to spend a few days with my friend, Cheri. Have a great week!

12 comments:

theowensclan said...

Amazing! He is simply amazing! I feel like such a lazy lump! I slept in very late. Gee, I wonder why I feel so old, fat and out of shape? That was quite a storm this morning! I'm glad it passed so that the race wasn't delayed. Hope Max has a good year at school this year!

Nancy said...

Very impressive, both your husband's triathlon and your post! Can I just say that your sister is a girl after my own heart - (I wish I could run marathon - or even a 5K) But I run is the running skirts, too. They are the best. She looks so much like you.

Have fun in the ATL - my children start school tomorrow so we'll be up with the chickens!

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, your posts are getting so good and long. GREAT JOB!!! Your family has such athletic prowess and are so impressive. You are being way too modest.....tell us Jenny girl....what is your sport? Weighlifting, Fencing? Lacrosse? Wrestling? Hurdles?

I noticed the picture of Don with his shirt half up. You know he was thinking, "I need to lift my shirt because this picture will be on Jennifer's blog and I need to make her friends swoon over me." LOL! I loved the picture of your little tree-hugger. Way to teach him to be green! Have fun in GA. Tell Paul hello.

Denise said...

Okay first of all, like Donna stated before, your pictures are always so clear and neat and perfect! What kind of camera do you have? I thought I had a nice one but I guess not.

Second, what is up with your cool family? So neat that you have so much athletic ability in your family! It is like, the Dunn/Clardy's are so athletic and the Reber/Seckman/Gramhams/Logan's really can eat! (laughing)

Seriously, your post is great and I know you are proud of your STUD hubby and Andrea and friends. I can only imagine running in a little cute outfit like Andrea. AND, I don't even want to imagine running in my bathing suit like Rita.

Denise said...

Oh, and have fun in Atlanta. When you pass the Hamilton Mill exit in Buford, give a little honk for our old stomping grounds!

Jennifer said...

Yes, yes...my family is so athletic...including me. Have you guys ever heard of the sport called "eating?" It really works my right arm a lot as I lift my hand/fork/spoon up and down continuosly throughout the day. My right forearm is looking great, but I just can't figure out why my hips aren't getting smaller. Strange.

Anonymous said...

How amazing that Don can do that!!! What an accomplishment! And the Hot Mamas did awesome too!!!

Joy Chafin said...

What a fun few weeks! Other than all the excercising, of course. That doesn't look like all that much fun to me. Amazing how I, too, have the physique of Dara Torres...but without all that time-consuming excercise! Have fun in Atlanta and I can't wait to see the K-4 pictures of Max's first day. Too exciting!

Donna said...

Jennifer, you never disappoint with your posts. Again, A++

Kudos to Donny Boy for doing ANOTHER triathalon. I know you are proud. And your sister and her friends: Way to go!! That is one thing tha I have absolutely zilch desire to do...any race.

Unknown said...

Whoa, Jenny! You've been one busy poster. I've been S-L-A-C-K!

Muy impressive. Did Donny Boy not eat his Banana that morning? Bless his heart. Waaaaay to persevere!

You and your sissy are CLONES. Ya'll look like identical twins! Pretty girls!

Dolly said...

Jennifer, As we are reading this great post, I'm eating wheat thins with Diet Coke and DOnna has her hands in the bag of chips. Then I saw Denise's comment. Hahahha! It's really neat that you guys do all those races. It motivates me to want to try those one day.
Good post!

Anonymous said...

Hey Clardy!

Just checking in. Wanted to tell you that we know Jamie, Don's training partner. He has a little boy name Zeke! I used to play softball with his wife. Tell Kim said hi!

take care!
Kim