Saturday, May 3, 2008

Extreme Makeovers

Max got a haircut...by a blind woman.
BEFORE: AFTER:
(Not only is Max showing off his new haircut, but he's also showing his huge muscles.)
These pots have been on my front porch since the fall. I guess it was time to plant some new flowers...ya think?
BEFORE: AFTER:
Max, Grandmommy, Papa and I headed off to the fields this morning to pick some strawberries.

post signature

13 comments:

starzy18 said...

I love Max's haircut! He looks so handsome!

Picking berries is so much fun! My Grampy used to take us when we were kids. We would pick all kinds of berries. Then we would get a fresh strawberry shake afterwards. Where did you guys go to pick berries?

Donna said...

Wow! That last picture of you and Max is so great! It looks like it was professionally taken. I love his haircut--very big boyish:)

Kellars Mommy said...

I too love the last picture!!! But the kissing his huge *guns* his hilarious!!!! Cool haircut Max....

Joy Chafin said...

Love the haircut! Glad he let someone else do it, rather than do it himself. MF's bangs haven't grown a bit!

Good pics...love the one of y'all together. Definitely a framer. Glad you got some yummy strawberries.

Joy Chafin said...

Forgot to say the planter is gorgeous. Mine never turn out that pretty.

Kristi Smalley said...

That before and after is amazing! Isn't it something what a different haircut can do. It aged Max about 2 years. He is such a cutie!

How fun to go strawberry picking. I think there is a strawberry picking theme going on out East. First Donna and then you. I can tell you all were "pickin' and grinnin'" Ha! I thought you would relate to that verbage since you are a country bumkin' at heart. LOL!

Loved the picture of you and Max. You are so stinking photogenic it is not even funny! Please, just once, take a picture of you with greasy hair, no makeup and clothes that should be put in the Goodwill box. Just once......!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those planters have the "Tuck Dunn" imprint. Hmmm . . . . . Love you, Shari

Unknown said...

Max looks more like his Daddy with that cut! Love all the pics. You're a good photographer! That last one is a FRAMER!!! Oh and the urn looks BEAUT!!!!

Jennifer said...

I'm finally getting use to Max's haircut...it's MUCH easier now. I use to spend 5 minutes every morning trying to wet it and get it to lay down - what a pain!

Rachael - we went to Beechwood Farms up in Marietta, SC. It's just past TR.

I'm so impressed..my mom and one of my sisters have now commented - way to go family!! Shari - Daddy didn't do the planter, but I did learn from him several years ago. That's the extent of my gardening skills though.

I do like the picture of me and Max, but mainly because I hardly have any of the two of us. I'm always taking the pictures - you guys know how it is. Anyway, I have to give credit to my mom who took the picture and my camera (Nikon D40X) which I LOVE. We invested in it last year and I'm so glad. The only bad thing is that it's big and has several lenses so I can't just stick it in my purse.

Melissa said...

Love the hair Max. Looks like fun at the strawberry farm. Jennifer I can not believe you wore Cha-Cha shoes berry picking! You are such a trendy mom.
I love the planter. I bought a car full of flowers 2 days before Will was born. They are all dead because I did not plant them..oops!

Dolly said...

What a good update. Love the pics with Max showing his muscles and I agree with HPS, Max looks more like his daddy with that super cool haircut.

The planter IS beautiful. I'm so bad with plants...just keeping them alive is hard for me. I just bought a fern for my front porch because that's the easiest thing for me to keep alive.

I DO love the pic of you and Max too. You look beautiful!

Wen Wen said...

I love the pic of you and Max!! That is priceless. You are so lucky to have times like that with your parents doing fun stuff!! Those are memories that will last forever!! Those are the things I miss the most-----

Anonymous said...

Max is so handsome with his new haircut!!! Amazing that the lady was blind. Your flower pot is so beautiful- looks like Southern Living @ it's finest. And the trip to the strawberry farm looked so great! I have a great recipe for Strawberry Bread if you are interested!!! YUM! Hope you are having a great week!
Shay