Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thank goodness it's Saturday!

You know what, I'm kind of glad this week is over - have you ever had one of those weeks? Every day has been super busy and I'm just worn slap out. On the way home tonight I told Don that I can only handle one planned thing a day - I get uptight when my day is packed.

I must confess, one of the main reasons I'm worn out is because I started working out with a personal trainer this week and he is KILLING me. I know, I know...it's wasteful to spend money on a trainer when I should have enough discipline to do it on my own, but I really needed some extra motivation for the next few months. We did lower body today and I can honestly say that it is the hardest I have ever worked out in my life. Walking tomorrow is going to be an adventure......no pain, no gain.

Anyway, I wanted to post pictures of my husband from last weekend. He did the Clemson Triathlon and did a great job. It's probably a little too late for him to make it to the 2008 Olympics this summer in China, but maybe 2012???

Don doing a little warm up dance move before he jumps in the lake. How about that wet suit and swim cap, ladies?Can anyone tell which one of these swimmers is Don? He's the one with his arm sticking out of the water. After everyone finished the lake swim they had to run up a huge hill...I seriously don't know how they did it. Don in the transition area before the run. This is where he freshens up, puts more deodorant on, combs his hair, etc.Checking to see how many minutes he's been away from his wife...Please excuse the half-naked man on the right side of the picture. I was trying to get a picture of Don crossing the finish line. It's tough going and watching these triathlons...
P.S. This post is dedicated to A.B. & K.O. You know who you are, girls...no need to be ashamed! :)

post signature

8 comments:

theowensclan said...

OMW! Oh 4 Funny!!! Love it! How about that #196? Sure you were trying to get "Don's" picture. Love the post. Sorry about all of that "hard" work you are doing with the trainer. I get all of my "workouts" playing with children all day!! Hehehe!

I love ya!!! You are the BEST!!

(K.O.)

Kristi Smalley said...

OK, I am in hysterical laughter at your comments on the pictures. You are so funny! So, are you trying to act like a triathlete and going through rigorous training and all because of Don? Jennifer, he loves you just the way you are!!!

BTW - I found Don in the pack of swimmers. NO PROBLEM! Thanks for the clue.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! I've been waiting on them!

Oh yeah, I was playing the violin while reading the 1st part of your post....I'll be thinking of you while working Monday! Maybe you can come home from the gym and get some rest!

starzy18 said...

I was trained for the first time this past week on my lower body. I know the feeling. I didn't know I had those muscles. I have had a hard time walking the past three days. I hope you are feeling okay.

Way to go Don! That is awesome to be able to do a triathalon.

Dolly said...

Wow! If my husband was doing these races, I'd be getting a personal trainer for myself too! Good job Jennifer! You need to take have someone take pictures of you doing your training during one of your sessions and blog about that.
Seriously, Don is amazing! He must be in some serious shape. Good for him!

Melissa said...

I can see your motivation to work out. If it isn't your sister it is your husband. Max will be the star of field day in a few weeks too. Your posts are so funny.
Melissa

Donna said...

Way to go on the personal trainer! I would love to do that to get me motivated and tell me what I need to work on.

Your husband is an ATH-LETE! That is a hard thing to do, the triathlon. I bet you are one happy and proud wife. You should be!

Anonymous said...

Hope you can rest some this week! Sorry you are sore- it will finally wear off. You are doing great! How amazing that your husband can do a triathlon- are you serious about the Olympics? Did Max go with you all to the race? Good to talk to you!