Monday, December 8, 2008

Clardy weekend update

We had a busy but fun weekend!

On Friday night Don and I attended the wedding of a good friend of mine, Christine. Christine and I went to Bob Jones together but didn't know each other then. We actually met and became friends when we worked at the same company in our early 20's. She has waited for the right guy and found him this year! I think they started dating in June, got engaged in October and married this past weekend...when you know you know! The wedding was at this gorgeous inn and was absolutely beautiful as was Christine.

I must thank Christine for the wonderful dinner she provided Don and I...it was SO good! I told Don I don't think I've eaten that much good food at a wedding ever before. They had a huge cheese and cracker spread, scrumptious manicotti, a mashed potato bar with all the fixin's, vegetables, chicken cordon bleu and prime rib. Oh, and I think I had about 4 glasses of the lemonade punch - a definite thirst quencher!

Christine is a drug rep (the good kind of drugs) and her new husband is a pediatrician so there were quite a few medical folks at the wedding. In fact, I saw the doctor who made the decision to go ahead and do a c-section on me and get Max out of there. When I told her we were expecting twins and showed her my bump she said "wow, you're going to be big"...way to make a girl feel good. :)

I didn't take my camera to the wedding so I stole this picture off of Christine's sister's Facebook page - thanks Karen!Max's first basketball game was Saturday morning and was HILARIOUS!!! Seriously, if you're ever bored and need a good laugh, go to a 4 & 5 year olds basketball game...you won't regret it! Max didn't score and his team lost, but we're hoping to change that record as the season progresses.Then on Saturday night we headed downtown to the annual Greenville Christmas parade where we froze our backsides off - it was freezing! My parents and some of our neighbor friends went with us.

The Bellfort girls... ...and the Bellfort Boys (well, and a few little girls)!Mom, Dad and Don trying to stay warm...Mom said maybe they'll watch it on TV next year!Can't have a parade without the Chick-fil-A cows! Here is the Bob Jones van which was pulling a float full of BJ kids...and full of pant wearing girls!
Last, but not least, SANTA CLAUS!!!

We also went to our church's Christmas program yesterday afternoon which was so good! Some of my favorite childhood Christmas memories are of the programs our church and school did...was hoping Max would get as excited as I use to get, but he fell asleep in my lap and slept through the whole thing. But, poor thing, he was sick and is actually home with me today...just the yucky nose, cough, fever thing.

Hope everyone has a great week!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

What a fun weekend you had! That reception food sounded so good - mashed potato bar!!

I'm sorry Max isn't feeling well. I hope this passes soon!

Donna said...

I agree. Mashed Potato bar sounds YUMMY! I"m glad you're back to enjoying food again:) I love your hat and pink scarf. So festive!

I bet the game was funny to watch. Do 4/5 year olds really know how to play basketball?!

The parade looks fun. I wish you had a pic of the BJU float!

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, you are getting so good at these long, pictoral posts. You Da Bomb!

That inn and wedding was STUNNING!!! I always wanted a Christmas wedding but Mike was inpatient and didn't want to wait. If he kicks the bucket and I ever remarry, I am going to have a Christmas wedding. LOVE IT!

I have to say that I am ashamed that you didn't get more pics of the BJ float. That would have been so meaningful to all of us. I was disheartened to hear that they had "slacks" on. What is this world coming to? Does ANYBODY live for God anymore?

Again, I have to say that it is impossible for you to take a bad picture. I love the picture of you and your friends. YOu look so Lands End-ish with your scarf and hat.

You need to get some video for us of Max playing. I loved it when my boys were that age. The all ran in herds after the ball and refused to spread out. So funny! (Does that one boy in the basketball picture have an itch?)

sassy seamstress said...

so, i was looking at pics on facebook the other day and saw some girls at BJU with slacks! Can they wear them now? REally? I mean, I got in trouble for wearing knee socks instead of knee highs. What?!?!?!?

Dolly said...

Just catching up with your blog. Love your updates and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the video of Max saying the pledge. HE is seriously so adorable! I could just squeeze him. Maybe one day we blog friends will get to meet him.

Hope you're feeling good these days. you look beautiful as always!

gbad said...

I love the 4/5 years olds playing basketball...it is hilarious!!