Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bad blogger, sickness, fun!

I admit it, I've been a bad blogger...both in posting and reading blogs!

But, before I go any further let me say that I am not a fan of negative posts on blogs. I know, I know - we all have our fair share of bad days and things we can complain about, but who wants to read about them? I mean, I can complain about as much as anyone, but it sure doesn't help me or anyone reading it...does it? Anyway, all that to say that I'm going to be Debbie Downer and say that this morning sickness thing is kicking my tail. Actually, it's more like late morning to evening sickness. I have felt so unmotivated to do anything. I have SO much to do...like clean out our office/spare bedroom so we can move Max in there (he asks every morning when he can move into the office), clean out the downstairs spare bedroom so I can move the office into it, clean out our closets because they are packed to the max and we will be needing space for 2 more people, etc. Anyway, I'm really hoping that this sickness goes away soon. My doctor gave me a prescription for Phenargen which helps nausea so I'm going to try that tonight...this gal's got work to do!

Oh, and then I read THIS article today...if Angelina "SUPER MOM" thinks it's hard then how am I supposed to do it? Don't they sell breast milk on the internet...may have to be an option for me. Or maybe one of my blogger friends would volunteer to be a wet nurse for me - a true sign of blog friendship.

Okay, now on to more positive things. This past Saturday we went to the Furman football game to celebrate a big anniversary for my husband (and, yes, we parked in the infamous parking spot). It was the 20th anniversary of the 1988 National Championship Team. That's right, my husband played football for Furman the year they won the Div 1-AA National Championship - the last Furman team to win it. They had about 50 guys come back and, of course, they all looked like they could all get right back out on that football field - well, if it weren't for the wheelchairs and crutches. No seriously, I know I'm old too, but that 1988 team sure had some studs playing for them...the best looking one being my husband of course!

Here are the boys on the field during halftime. Don wanted to pretend one last time that he was catching the game winning touchdown.

Max also started basketball practice last week. It's with our church so it's nothing intense, but he seemed to really enjoy it. Well, let me rephrase, he seemed to enjoy getting in the other's kids faces and trying to scare them - a new form of defense maybe?So then the two girls on the team started doing it back to him...didn't phase him one bit.


We've got some fun things coming up that I'm excited about. Another ultrasound next Wednesday, Thanksgiving at my parent's house, one of my good friends is getting married, the downtown Christmas Parade is Dec. 6 (one of my favorite things to do during the Christmas season), and then we're heading to Dallas for a few days before Christmas to see my sister and her family (FBIL) and my brother and his family - oh, and to also go to the last Dallas Cowboys game at Texas Stadium (that is unless they make the playoffs). We'll be back here in Greenville on Christmas Eve. So, not to bring it up again, but I'm sure hoping this nastiness is G-O-N-E soon so I can enjoy the holidays...it would be SO SAD if I couldn't fully enjoy a piece(s) of my mom's pecan pie, or her homemade yeast rolls, or that sweet potato crunch, or that turkey and dressing...

Oh, one more thing...I participated in a FALL SWAP last month and it was a lot of fun. Well, a new CHRISTMAS SWAP is going to be taking place soon so click here for more information. Check out the swap rules first and then come join the fun...nothing like coming home and seeing a package waiting for YOU on your doorstep!

I'll leave you with a picture of my pantless Indian. Doesn't it look like he's wearing those ice skater pantyhose?

15 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. You should blog about the not-so great times too - it's okay.

I hope this all day sickness passes really quickly for you.

Max is an adorable Indian! Looks like he's taking it very seriously.

Do you think at U/S they'll be able to tell you the sex of the babies???

theowensclan said...

How is it that I've known you for several years and I still learn something new about you guys? I didn't know Don played football for Furman!?! I wondered what the Furman connection was. He would have played Citadel when Dave was still there. (Dave graduated in 1989.) So our paths have surely crossed before. What a small world.

I hope the medicine works. It sounds like you have a lot of plans over the next couple of weeks, and you won't have time to be "down and out". I hope you take it real easy with all of that traveling.

Max looks cute in his Native American outfit! I can't wait to see what his new room will look like!

Anonymous said...

Keep me updated on that barf thing. I need to know how many barf bags I need to swipe from Southwest the next time I fly to have at the house for you at Christmas....
...and you didn't think I was thoughtful.

Tracy said...

It's 12:36 AM and I'm sitting here cracking up at your blog! So maybe these twins have caused you to lose your appetite, but at least you still have your humor! The b-ball pix of Max are hilarious! And you know from first hand experience I have you covered on the wet nurse thing! ha!

Denise said...

JFTB I am so sorry about your morning sickness, that is actually evening sickness. This is truly the worst! Something you cannot explain, but need to experience to understand. Like I said before, just rest now, closets and rooms can wait until later.

Max is so cute as a little Indian even in his ice skater tights.

Tonight is Famous American's night at Awana. I will be taking a Pilgrim (unique I know), Abraham Lincoln, and of course, an Indian (again unique), to church with me.

Jennifer said...

Are you kidding, Tracy? I still have nightmares at night about sitting in my old office listening to the constant buzzing sound of that pump! :) Who knew you were sitting on a gold mine back then - EBAY could have been your best/breast friend and we didn't even know it! :)

Donna said...

Sweet girl, you have MONTHS to prepare for the babies. You just take care of mama for them. Rest. Make Mr. Clardy cook and clean. You just sit and take care. I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. Morning/day/evening sickness is the WORSE. I can't imagine how it would be with twins. And don't worry about that breastfeeding thing. You'll have the football hold down pat!
I LOVE the pic of Max the Indian. SO funny about the iceskater tights. It does look like that!

theowensclan said...

Jennifer, It is such a small world. The principal at my school is Bill Roach. I just found out that he played with Don at Furman. I see him standing next to Don on the field. The older I get the more I realize that we are living in such a small world!

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, Jennifer! I am so behind on the news. I have been down this week myself and haven't checked blogs at all. I feel out of touch.

I'm sorry that you have been feeling so bad. I hate being nauseous more than anything in the world. Hopefully, you have the worst behind you and it will start to pass by Christmas. You tell Kristopher and Kristine that they need to take care of you.

I love the Furman pictures. I bet Don was just having a moment!!!! I bet it reminded you of your glory years out on the basketball court.

I love the basketball pics of sweet Max. Is he doing Upwards? I love the UPwards program and we did it with my kids for years. Now, I do have to bring up the partial-pornogrpahic Inidian picture. Does he or doesn't he have anything on underneath that sack. I'm concerned. really concerned!!!!

YOU ARE COMING TO DALLAS!!!! YIPEE!!! Now, I know you have family here and that is your main motivation to come to Dallas but we have to get together. We can leave the kids with someone and hit some bars and clubs downtown. HA! You can even wear your "I'm having twins", T-shirt!!!

Kellars Mommy said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon, too bad we are still hours away from the Dallas area I would love to *meet* in person..Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Suzanne said...

Jennifer- I just heard from Ash the other day that you were having twins??!!! I am so excited for you. What an amazing thing for God to give you two precious gifts at once! I will be lifting you in my prayers, because being sick is no fun. But they say it is a good sign your hormones are high. My husband is a hugh sports fan and your man just scored ultra cool points in our world.

Donna said...

Kristi! You are so funny. I think you spelled the boy twin's name wrong though. It should be Kristipher.

Jennifer, you could go with Don and Donna. That would be adorable.

Angela Richardson said...

Wooo, your hubby is a stud! Way to go Jen! That football game looked like a blast. My husband was on a football team too...he was the waterboy. But the hunkiest waterboy you've ever seen!

I am praying you get over these sick days and FAST! It's hard to do ANYTHING when you feel like that.

Alright, so you totally made my day about my hair. I use frizz-ease on it before blow drying and it keeps the flyaways at a minimum.

Jen, I've noticed that Crumbs In My Butter is not yet on your "Blogs I like" list. I mean, come on , what's a girl gotta do? I guess I need to step it up a notch! ha! :)

Momofgirls said...

Oh, BOO!!! to morning sickness...I hope it passes soon, but the Doctor was always glad when I had it..he said it meant a good stong baby!!

We just got home today from Mexico (Cabo San Lucas). We were with my husband's whole family (21) It was a BLAST! I hope to blog about it tomorrow, so stay tuned!

And, I got YOUR name for the Christmas swap! Yippee!!!

Dolly said...

Hope you're feeling okay these days Jennifer. Just thinking about you!

Love your new Merry Christmas header too. How did you do that? I want to copy.