Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My bro and his fam

My brother, Paul, and his family visited last week and we had a great time hangin' with them. Last Saturday night we went downtown Greenville for pizza and ice cream. Here's the family at my favorite ice cream place where I have been getting the same combination since I was pregnant with Max...cheesecake ice cream mixed with cookie dough. Gives me chills just thinking about it!Max was puckering up for someone...don't know who or why.My brother and Don. Paul absolutely LOVES to have his picture taken...can't you tell?Lily and the dead butterfly she found...may he rest in peace.Smitty made a friend while we were out. Here's a picture of him doing a very obvious fake laugh. (I'm pretty sure the guy asked him for money)Paul's lovely wife, Lori, and the not-really-shy-but-acting-like-it Hunter.For some reason Andrea and Smitty just broke out into some line dancing...a little strange but whatever keeps their romance alive.Max and Don in front of one of my favorite restaurants, Sassafras. They have the BEST shrimp and grits EVAH, and, oh, the best pimento cheese dip with homeade chips! We actually had our rehearsal dinner at this restaurant.Now this is cool. My dad decided to build a treehouse in their backyard. So, the men talked about it for a LONG time, then went to Lowe's for a LONG time and then came back and built what you see below. It's got a long way before it's finished but the kids will love it!Max and Hunter played Max's favorite game...roll the tire down the driveway and have Papa catch it before it goes into the street.We haven't been getting a lot of rain here in the South, but we did one day last week and the kids took advantage of it. Here's Lily trying to catch some rain in her mouth.
Grant is lookin' good!
Max found a little puddle in the driveway and decided he wanted to stick his hair in it...
...here was the result.
It didn't rain for long so my brother got the water hose out. Are we rednecks or what?How many ribs can you count? I SWEAR I feed this boy!Future Calvin Klein underwear model...Poor Hunter is worn slap out from all the fun.

That's all for now!

post signature

9 comments:

Donna said...

I love your posts! The pictures and captions are always so good. I can only see about half of the pictures, though. I'll have to come back later and see if they're showing up. Your family looks so fun!

Kellars Mommy said...

Gawwww you have the best times everywhere you go..I love all the pictures you take, this time I have several favorites but...the future Calvin Klein model takes the cake..

Kelly said...

What fun...!! Have you tried Luna Rosa Gelato downtown? Oh my---it is worth every calorie!!
From the looks of things Max needs a few calories...:)~~!
Kelly

Denise said...

Okay, ditto Donna's comment on the fun family. That first picture looks like our big family when we all get together, 11 grown ups and 10 chillin's and 2 in the oven. Chaos but LOVE it!

And, Yummy to my tummy on the ice cream. Cookie dough and cheese cake!!!! I want some NOW! You see, I need to eat not just for me and my baby, but for Dolly and her baby too!

Kristi Smalley said...

OK, so many things to comment on. First of all, it was good to see pictures of Paul and his family. I used to have such a crush on that boy.

I laughed at the Smitty and the fake laughing comment. HILARIOUS! Also, don't knock Andrea for doing the line dancing. Hey, whatever it takes. After all, you and Don have that velcro wall.

Poor Max, would you buy that baby a sprinkler to play in or a kiddie pool. That is pitiful that he has had to resort in playing in tiny, dried-up water puddles to cool himself from the hot summer. Poor, poor baby. Oh, I like the tree house idea....that would be fun as a kid...you will all be Dunn Family Robinsons.

Now, don't be alarmed about Max's ribs. If you look at the last picture, he relaxed and showed us his beer belly. HA!

Kristi Smalley said...

OK, my bad....that last picture isn't Max but his cousin. SOOOO...
JENNIFER, YOU STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW AND WHIP SOMETHING UP FOR THAT BOY...A LITTLE OATMEAL...A GRILLED CHEESE....SOMETHING!!!!

Wen Wen said...

Okay Jen I have already called CPS. That is just soooo sad. His poor little ribs showing and all. And the Calvin Klein model thing I don't know if that is borderline porn. I will have to take a second look and maybe make another call to CPS

starzy18 said...

Looks like a great time! I can't believe how big Max is getting! I miss you guys!

Dolly said...

I love reading your posts Jennifer. You always have such funny captions under your pictures. Love the one of the fake laugh and the man asking for money. Looks like you and your family are having such a fun summertime! Max is getting so tall and growing up! Kind of sad in a way but he's still such a cutie!