Friday, July 11, 2008

2008 Beach Trip

It's taken me awhile to upload my pictures and it's because I've been in a state of depression since having to leave the beach. Why oh why can't we be filthy rich and have a beach house? :) Oh well...once my country music/modeling career takes off then I'm sure we'll be able to buy any beach house we want. Anyway, here are a few pics from our trip. I must admit that I was quite the slacker at taking photos last week - I've gotta get better at that. Just a little FYI on the beach...my family, my sister's family and my parents stayed in a condo in Wild Dunes, Isle of Palms. My friend, Sally and her family, also stayed at the same condos so we spent a lot of time with them too.

We took Max's bike to the beach to get some practice rides in. He still doesn't love it...we'll keep working on it.Don is still learning too.My sister and her family.Here's part of the clan in the ocean.My stud in the making.This pictures describes Max at the beach...sand and his trucks.The Clardy family venturing into the ocean.Max loved to "ride the waves." He and Lily got caught by a big one!Just chillin! Max and his girlfriend, Emma (one of Sally's girls). I'll ask Emma if Max is her boyfriend and Emma will say "NO". When Max hears her say that he will say "yes I am." I guess they're having some communication issues.We had a patriotic photo shoot on the 4th of July.
Sally and her great looking family.

Now that the beach is over our summer seems to be slowing down which is really nice. My brother and his family actually flew in from Dallas yesterday so we will be hanging out with them quite a bit for the next few days. Other than that it's just going to hopefully be some lazy summer days ahead of us!

post signature

11 comments:

Denise said...

CUTE pictures! Love the Old Navy shirts. That is always a great way to get everyone looking nice and organized for a picture. Got to give it to Old Navy for the 4th of July shirts each year!

I love the beach too with my family. Actually I love going to the beach I just hate getting in the water! You never know what is lurking under the water. I think I have stood on too many piers and looked down.

Have fun relaxing the rest of the summer!

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, I'm so glad you are back! I have been looking forward to this post! I was wondering if the undertow pulled you under and we hadn't heard about it. Ha!

You got some of the best pictures. Now did you all stay in one condo of did each family have their own? Also, where exactly did you go? Is it in S.C. or elsewhere? Also, who is your friend and how do you know her? You need to do a new post just to answer my questions. We need more info here. Ha!

It looks like yall had a blast. Loved your blue swimsuit. I noticed quite a bit of cleavage you big buxom woman, you! Do the silicone inserts fit into suits like that. I was just wondering for myself.

Donna said...

Jennifer! Where have you been? Are you taking a summer hiatus from blogging and commenting? We've missed you!

Now, to this post. Looking good in your two-piece number:) This post made me wish my family and I could go to the beach this year. I love long family weeks at the beach. I'm with Denise, though. The only water I get into is pool water and bath water. If I can't see what's under me, I don't get in.

Dolly said...

YEAH! Jennifer is back! It was fun seeing your family vacation and the great pictures you took. Max is growing up and I love the picture of him and his "girlfriend." So cute!

Looks like ya'll had a nice time. That's what summertime is all about!

Kellars Mommy said...

Ok the "stud in the making" picture is the greatest! Max cracks me up!!! well that and the picture of Don on the bike..haha..

theowensclan said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! Love the matching shirts. Growing up in Mt. Pleas., I.O.P. was my stomping grounds. I loved seeing the pictures and imagining myself there with you. Come out to the lake with us sometime. We'd love to have you and your family.

Jennifer said...

Well Kristi, the large amount of cleavage you saw must have been a reflection off the ocean...or maybe you didn't realize you were looking at my backside and it was just my butt you saw...who knows?

We had a 3 bedroom condo so we (my family, andrea's family and my parents) all stayed in the same one. My friend, Sally, stayed in another condo. I have known Sally since I was probably 10. She has been one of Andrea's best friends since high school, we lived together several times back in my twenties and we have just stayed friends. We look like Mutt and Jeff because she's barely 5 ft tall and I'm 5'9" - sometimes I have to sit on her if she gets on my nerves. (She's a lurker so I know she's probably reading this).

3 Peanuts said...

I think you could be a super model/country singer, comedienne because you are FUNNY too! I think your photos are great. you all look like you had a fabulous time.
K

3 Peanuts said...

Oh and you are 5'9"? I might have to hate you now;)

Laura Marchant said...

What great pics. Makes me want to go to the beach.

*Just stopping by for the first time today, out blog browsing! Great blog!

Anonymous said...

I always feel down when we come home from the beach too. We aren't going this summer since we moved- I will miss seeing the ocean- one of my favorite things in the whole world. Hopefully we will back to it next summer. Loved all your pictures from the week. I know Max loved it! Hope you have a great week with your brother and family. My sister and family are coming next week so that will be fun!
Shay