Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thanks guys!

So many of you prayed for me yesterday so I want to say thanks for the prayers and thanks for checking in on me! The surgery went well but I'm just really sore at the incision sites. I did have to go back to the hospital last night about 12:30 because of a small complication, but they fixed it and we were back home by 2:00 (even after we went to Wendy's and got me a hamburger and fries - I hadn't eaten since Monday night and I was STARVING!). Don and I both said that was a record time for an emergency room visit!

Don has been a great nurse and has taken really good care of me. I told him last night that he's really putting those marriage vows to use - he said it was payback time since I've taken care of him when he had several knee and back surgeries. :) He's leaving for work in about an hour and is going to take me to my parent's house. Yep, at the age of 37 this girl still likes her mama to take care of her when she's not feeling well!

Again, thanks for all your sweet comments and emails. Have a great day!

post signature

6 comments:

Donna said...

wait a minute. Did I miss something? I didn't know you were having surgery?

Donna said...

Oh man! I just realized I missed the post where you explained the whole surgery thing. I have a friend in Charlotte who is going through this exact thing right now. She has her surgery scheduled for late April. Sorry I didn't realize you were having this done. I'm a loser blog friend.

Kristi Smalley said...

Boy, you are dedicated. Here you are, languishing in your bed of affliction yet you still do a new post. WAY TO GO!!!

I am so glad you are doing good and that things went well. Now, you give yourself about a week or so to get over the soreness and then you need to "Mate like there's no tomorrow" (I'm thinking of the tune in my head, "Dance like there's no tomorrow" that Paula Abdul did on A. Idol) LOL!

Wen Wen said...

Glad things went well girl!!! And I am with Kristi you need to "have relations" like there is no tomorrow. I have a little more cooth than just plain saying mate!!!

Kellars Mommy said...

Glad the surgery went well~!!! When I was on bedrest we had to move in w/my parents since I couldn't do anything and joey had to work, it was so nice having mommy to take care of me, I especially loved the fresh out of the oven choc-chip cookies she cooked for me every afternoon when I'd call her on my walkie talkie and tell her I was ready for them..yum yum!!!

Anonymous said...

I must have missed that post and went back to read. I am so glad the surgery went well and you are @ your mom's. I will be praying for you!!!