It's a rainy Saturday night, Don is in Charleston (Cooper River Bridge Run) and Max is in bed. So, guess what thought-provoking reality TV show I'm watching??
High School Reunion. If you've never seen this show, it's about a group of people from the class of 1987 who are put together for 2 weeks in a Hawaii beach house. They have labels for everyone - the geek, the jock, the popular girl, etc. By the way, the "popular girl" has been married and divorced four times - see, being popular in high school ain't all it's cracked up to be!
Let's just say that this show is making me have MAJOR flashbacks to high school. In fact, the high school in this show is JJ Pearce which was down the road from my high school in Garland, TX. And, most importantly, they're playing all the best songs from the late 80's - we're talking Genesis, Def Leppard, Journey, INXS - awesome!
So, in honor of the late 80's I present to you my 1988 homecoming picture...


12 comments:
FUNNY! That dress was something else back then! The bows are great. You resemble Denise's senior portrait somewhat. Actually I think you both had the same exact hairstyle--I'm serious! I was flipping through the channels a little while ago and saw that show. I'll have to watch it sometime.
What a beautiful picture! You sure are brave to put that on your blog- so glad you did! Scott and I ran in the Cooper River Bridge run two years. My sister lives in Charleston. It is a great run- probably my favorite. Scott will always say his favorite is the Peachtree- too hot for me!!!
Hilarous! I am having flashbacks of good o'l Doug Foshee Photography....."Smiling, smiling..." That is great. I will have to post my homecoming picture.
Nothing in the world like 80's music. It is classic! I am singing Chicago songs right now as I type. Also, the song....."We built this city on Rock and Roll". The list could go on and on.
What a dress! Amazing how much fashions have changed! Now everything is strapless.
Oh...I LOVE the bows! So pretty. I should show you mine...we could have been sisters! I think I would be the slightly older sisiter though...I graduated high school in 1985!
Kim
So funny Jennifer. I haven't seen that show. My TV viewing time is getting depleted more and more.
But, your picture is so interesting. We do resemble each other---weird. I, of course, was "healthier" looking, but nonetheless we look a lot alike.
SUHWEETTTT!!!! Jennifer, were you feeling beautiful that day? You're right...you and Max would've made a beautiful couple!
The bangs...oh my goodness I used to wear mine just like that and even had the *wings*, some days I would only do one side, others I'd have both sticking out there...ohhhh the cans of hairspray that I went through..I read back through the other post, hope your procedure was successful..
hummm the dress looks familiar....although I was in the early 80's...I think it was still pretty much the same...poofy poofy poofy...and I see you had the TX big hair going on...big hair was the thing in the 80's but if you were from TX then the hair was just that much BIGGER!!...believe me I know first hand.
Kim
Sista....What is that pink/peachy poof you are sitting in to have your picture made??!! Was it a prop in the studio???
Stunning. Simply stunning.
okay can you get a bigger bow on the shoulder or any higher bangs!!! don't you know you thought you were so hot!! who did you go to homecoming with that year????
Post a Comment