The following pictures are for the Reber sisters...does this place look familiar? Please notice the little fellow standing in front of the building - he's mine!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Using elements by Corina Neilsen.
19 comments:
OK, I love the pimping you had done. I definately have Blog Inferiority now. Looks great!
Isn't Jennifer some kind of friend to drive all that way just to get you Reber girls a picture? What a gal!
I love the new look! It looks great!
Well, I'm not as nice as you make me sound - I actually drive by Little Pigs almost every day. I just happened to have my camera in the car today so I whipped into the parking lot and took a few pics.
I've been gone all day and have missed all the "muffin" and political banter -darn!
Thanks Rachael! GET A BLOG! :)
Wow!! Now I have blog envy. Just when I thought jazzing mine up made it look better, you go and do this. You always have something cool and chic up your sleeve. It looks fabulous!
What about that fried chicken place? Will I see a post and some pictures from there? Can't wait to give it a try. I look forward to taking you to "my place", Tony's Restaurant. I know you will love it.
Jennifer! I'll have to pass your blog along to my parents. They will love this post! That will bring back a ton of memories for my parents. In fact, I wouldn't doubt it if my Daddy shed some tears.
Love the new look. Oh, and i"m adding you and Kristi to my blogging friends. I think it's safe to go that route now.
You are so sweet to post this for us R girls. My mom and dad will truly LOVE it.
Ahhh the memories. My mom says my Dad used to sneak her a BBQ sandwhich every night at her BJU dorm room, when he got off work from LP. Those sneaky kids! I am sure he was in major forbidden territory. I am going to send an email to them to "hit" your blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can taste the Q now!
What a cutie standing in front too! Sweet!
And also, look at you fancy pants! Me wanna get pimped too! Thanks for the info.
Jennifer, I'm a new commenter to your blog. Denise had us check out the post and it was neat to see Little Pigs. It's making me want some BBQ now.
I want to get pimped too! Thanks for the site. And Max...he's a cutie! I love his name too.
Hi Jennifer. I'm Jan...the Reber mom! The girls are right. You did bring back some great memories with those pics of Little Pigs. I had just started to date
Danny when he began to work at Little Pigs. He closed the store every night at 10:00, and then on the way home, he walked across the street back to BJU. Having to walk right past the girls dorms, he used to drop a bag of sandwiches at the side door of my dorm, and my entire room dined on delicious barbeque sandwiches very late every night. Needless to say, we all put on some major poundage! After we were married, Danny continued to work there for a couple years. Yes, those were some good times. Long live Little Pigs!!! Thanks for the pictures....and the memories!
Hi Dolly and Jan - welcome to my blog! I'm glad I could bring back some good memories. Believe it or not, I've never eaten at Little Pigs, but I've heard they have great food and, most importantly for me, good sweet tea! I'll have to go there soon.
Jan, that is so funny about your husband sneaking those sandwiches to your dorm! I went to BJU too and know that was definitely a risky move on your part - I'm so impressed that you got away with it! :) I don't know if you've been to BJ lately, but they've made a lot of changes. The campus looks really pretty. They even have their own little coffee shop now - pretty cool! And, Stephen Jones is doing a really good job and making some good changes - girls can now wear pants to soccer games. Can you believe it? :) It just goes to show that anyone/anything can change!
Take care,
Jennifer
I super duper LOVE your new look. I think I need to check the "cool chick" out.....LOOKS GREAT!!!
Have a good one!
Yeah, I guess it was a little risky dropping those sanwiches by, but he had to walk right past the side entrance to Georgia Creel, which was where I lived. He just walked over, dropped the bag on the step quickly, and then walked on. I do think the Asst. Dean of Women, who lived in our dorm, found it one time, but I don't remember getting into trouble. We usually got the food just before the nightly prayer meetings, so we couldn't eat until after prayer meeting. The whole time we were waiting for the meeting to be over so we could go back to our room and eat! And when the prayer meeting happened to be in our room....well, the whole room smelled like wonderful barbeque. Really good memories!! Can't believe it was forty something years ago. It seems like just yesterday.
BTW, my sister, who went to BJ a few years after me, worked in the nursery/pre-school for her work loan scholarship. She had little Stephen Jones in her class. We were back at BJ several years ago....maybe 10...and loved the way the campus looked.
Did you hear my big gasp? BJU has a coffee shop AND they can wear
P A N T S...to..a...SOCCER GAME?! Seriously, that is good. I've only been there a few times, but I do remember how clean the campus was and how nice everything looked.
Go BJ!
Okay Jennifer! I did it for you! I am still learning, but here you go: Starzy18@blogspot.com
I'm not sure how to post pictures yet.
Jennifer, how's your friend from Bible Study who lost her little baby? I read about that in one of your previous blogs. I have an almost 4 month old and I cannot imagine. She's been on my heart and I've been praying for her all week...I don't know her name.
Donna - that's so sweet of you to pray for April. I actually haven't seen her since the funeral, but I've heard she's still having a hard time. She has a 5 year old little girl too and I think she's really having a hard time. Isn't it just so sad? He was fine, hadn't been sick and just went down for a morning nap. You just never know.
By the way, your mom is so sweet. I love the reminiscing about dating life at Bob Jones! I'm sure we could swap some good ole dating parlor stories!
Jennifer, after reading the comment from Donna, I went back and updated myself on the baby that was talked about. How absolutely terrible!!! Also, there was another child mentioned in the comments that had also passed away. What happened and how old was he? I can't imagine ever living through that. If you see these people, be sure and tell them you have a blog family that is praying for them.
Jenius, if you read this, you are so cute. You sound like the sweetest mother. Hope we can all meet you sometime.
Jennifer, I am also SHOCKED at the whole pants thing. I bet there has been a mass exodus to Pensecola Christian College due to BJU's worldliness. Next thing you know, they will have co-ed dorms.
LOL, Krisit. I'm actually surprised BJ has athletic teams. I never knew that. What colleges do they play? Also, who/what is their mascot?
Post a Comment