Thursday, January 17, 2008

SNOW

It snowed last night! This is a rare occurrence in SC so the world pretty much stops when we get the white stuff. Max's first words this morning when he saw the snow were "Wow - this is cool!" Too funny. My sister and a neighbor just came and got Max and were going to pull him on the sled back to my sister's house (she lives just two streets over). We live on a golf course and there's a hill right behind our house - perfect place for sledding and he had a BALL!

I can't help but think of Tyler today. He would have loved being in the snow. It just doesn't seem fair.

Please say a prayer for a girl in my Bible study. She got called out of Bible study yesterday and was told that her 4 month old son had died. It was SIDS. They are completely devastated. He was just dedicated in church several weeks ago and to think they will have his funeral in the same place.

It's hard to think about going to two children's funerals over the next two days. Life is short and we don't know how long we have on this earth - all the more reason to hug our children a little tighter today.




6 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear about your friend who lost her baby---couldn't you just scream?!

I've been thinking a lot of Tyler too. I was putting together a small scrapbook for Kristen last night---it was hard.

I hope you guys have fun in the snow! I guess I will see you tomorrow. Luv ya!

theowensclan said...

I'm glad Max is doing better. It's great to see him smiling and enjoying the snow. I had ALL of the same thoughts this morning while watching my children play.

I CAN NOT believe what happened to your friend! That is unimagineable.

We really do need to value and appreciate EVERY day!

Love you, Kathi

starzy18 said...

I'm gald Max is feeling better. He looks like he had fun in the snow.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It just isn't fair. I don't have any children, but I can't imagine what they are going through. Give Max a tight squeeze for me.

Love,
Rachael

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law lost a baby to SIDS. He was born in November and died on Valentine's Day.

I'll remember your friend these next few days.

Kim said...

I can't imagine the shock and devastation that family must be feeling.

The snow is beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

Yeah for Max. It looks like he had a blast. He makes everything fun with his smile and happy spirit. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Does Don know about the site yet?