Wednesday, November 10, 2010

For Donna

My name is Jennifer Clardy and I'm a good-for-nothin' blogger! I could write a long list of reasons why I've been MIA in blog world, but when you have a dedicated blog friend like Donna those excuses just don't mean a hill of beans...know what I mean, girls? So, this first attempt at getting back into the blog world will be a hodgepodge of stuff...try to contain your excitement. In fact, I'm feeling like bullet points may be necessary.

*Max started T1 (Transitional 1st grade) at his new school, Mitchell Road Christian Academy. We debated a long time about whether to go ahead and have Max start 1st grade or maybe repeat K5. Then we heard about this program at MRCA that gives kids an extra year before they start 1st grade. Max was fine academically but was lacking in the maturity department. So this class has been great for him and is not just repeating what they learned in kindergarten, but adjusting to each child's level. There are 12 kids in his class with a teacher and a teacher's aide so it's a perfect setting for him.*The twins got their first haircut! Gone are the mullets that they so proudly wore and that I wanted to enter into Hannah's ongoing mullet contest. Here are the before pics...the first two are Lane and the second two are Abe.And now the after pic...*Myself, the twins, Andrea and my parents bravely drove to Chicago in October to watch Andrea and Shari run the Chicago marathon. The race was SO COOL and my sisters did great, but traveling with two babies (and Abe was sick) wasn't something that will go down as my favorite thing to do. That weekend was also my parent's 50th wedding anniversary so we went to dinner one night and celebrated.Oh, and while I took the twins to Chicago, Don took Max to Kansas City to see his dad. Max was beyond thrilled and was counting down the days until his big trip. He had a blast and I'm so glad they had a boy's only weekend.

*Ok, I'm going to have to end this post...getting way too long. We've done lots of other things, but I'll be honest, I have been horrible at taking pictures. I use to love taking pictures of everything, but when I'm carrying two babies, diaper bag, purse and who knows what else, I just cannot add one more thing to my shoulder.

Oh wait, one more thing...remember my friend Cheri (click here and here)? Well, her husband is going to be the new pastor at my church which is SO exciting! Not only are we getting a great pastor, but Cheri and I will be living in the same town after almost 20 years! It's just crazy that out of the hundreds of men they looked at they chose the husband of one of my best friends...so neat! Oh, and you Liberty peeps will be glad to know he's a Liberty grad so you know he's got be a good one!

Ok, that's all folks...I PROMISE to be back sooner than the last time! :)

8 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Oh, you just had to be Johnny-on-the-spot and do this great post now didn't ya? Sheesh! Between you and Donna, I'm going to have to take an anti-depressant to handle my guilt. HA!

OK, I am going to have to come back and comment on all the pictures later because I am getting kids down but I loved the update and especially the kids with their cute haircuts. They are precious and Max looks so old! Good job, Jenny girl!

Dolly said...

YIPEEE!!!! I loved reading your updates and seeing recent pics of the kids. Good job in being the first to accept Donna's lashing Jennifer!

Max is a cutie! I can't believe he's already transitioning to the first grade. You can tell he's one proud boy sitting on his momma's lap.

Lane and Abe are ADORABLE!!! I like Abe looks just like you Jennifer. Love their haircuts.

You're a brave girl to drive to CHICAGO with the babies. It's always good to get home after trips like that.

So cool that your friends husband will be your new pastor. Good updates! Now I need to get working on mine.

Denise said...

I cannot believe you drove to Oprah Land with two babies!!!! WOW! I bet those sweet babies bum bum were sore from the long ride.

I love the haircuts! And (opposite Dolly) I think Abe looks just like Mr. Clardy and Lane looks just like you.

Those run'in sista's of yours--what are we gonna do with them---putting me to shame as I just made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and have a butter-nut cake in my oven (seriously). Man I wish I could be like them!

Good to see you back in the blog world Jennifer. Now I need to get crack'in on a post!

Nikki said...

Hello Jennifer, my name is Nikki...nice to meet you! :)

So excited to see your new post. Abe and Lane are getting so big. WOW time sure does fly. Seems like it was just yesterday we were talking about Sonic ice.

That is so neat about your friends husband being your new pastor. I know you must be so excited.

Rose said...

oh Jenny! Its so glad to see you again! The babes are just as precious as ever and Max is getting so grown up! Glad you updated us...even though it was way tooo short!! Its been months girl! ha just kidding! I threw one up too because Donna made me feel guilty! Good to know you are doing well!
Rose

Kelly said...

So glad you got a chance to blog! Everyone understands..I have such a hard time taking the time to comment on blogs that I read.

The twins are cute as ever and Max...wow BIG school!

Kelly

Donna said...

Okay, I'm embarrassed. Here it is a week later and I thought FOR SURE I had commented!!! SORRY!! I'm so glad that you did a blog, Jenny Girl. IT was a good recap and a good start, like I told you on the phone the other day:) Keep it up, please! I miss your funny posts. Come on! You can find the time!!!

Happy Four said...

Jennifer, great update! I clicked your link and I think you friends hubby Paul graduated around the time I did at Liberty...small world, but I remember him.

Blessings!