Well, I've officially diagnosed him with colic. Now, I'm not a doctor (I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express) but this boy loves to fuss during the day. When he's happy he's really happy and laughs and coos (that will last, oh, about 15-30 minutes). But when he's mad, well, you better put your ear muffs on.
The good news is that both Lane and Abe are sleeping through the night (wait, let me go knock on some wood and I'll be right back). Abe has actually been doing this since 9 weeks and Lane about 10 or 11. Now, we were getting them up at 10:00 and feeding them (they pretty much slept through it) but we cut that out 3 nights ago and they have gone from around 7:00 until anywhere between 5:30 and 7:30. So, that's the good news. Again, the bad news would be that Abe (and sometimes Lane) doesn't particularly like daytime hours. Oh, and Abe still does not love his car seat. By the way, thanks for all your suggestions and I have tried every single one of them. The only thing that seems to work is if myself or someone else sits back there with them and talks to them and that's not always a guarantee.
So, that would be why I'm not on the computer much anymore. I've been going to bed early to prepare myself for the next day. A day filled with spending time with my favorite almost 6 year old and these cute things...
P.S. The song on my blog is NOT dedicated to Don. :) I just love this song and since I never get to listen to music in the car anymore I put it on my blog so I can hear it whenever I'm on the computer. You know, because I'm on my computer a lot these days.
UPDATE: Please don't yell at me or tell me I'm a bad mom, but I got desperate and put a Baby Einstein video on for the twins. They are LOVING it right now! The video says for 3+ months old and they'll be 3 months tomorrow. They're mature for their age, right?







14 comments:
that is awesome that they are sleeping through the night. I can't get over how adorable they are. I know what you mean about not getting on computer anymore. I have been so busy with life lately. I love it when you do post, I love to see pics of those two cutie pies!! ~Rose
I've been busy lately and haven't been on the blogs lately. Life it so crazy and goes by so fast.
So happy that you get a good nights sleep and the babies do too. Hmmm, lets see, I put Jane to bed last night at 9:00. She was up at 12:00 and I fed her, and then again at 4:00. She's a special child, and this is her ONLY fault.
BTW, LOVE LOVE the song! You are funny. Oh,and I see you in Lane.
Sorry, Just me leaving another comment so all the other comments come to my email.
You are a GREAT mom!
Jennifer, what a great post and love the humor interjected in it. The little ones are so precious. You need to hire this person I know called Caroline who loves to talk and has an English accent to ride in the back with the twins. I hear she is very entertaining and loves to sing too. Too bad I don't live there and could ride around while you go on errands while my boys are in school :)
Record a CD of your voice and play it in the car...just a silly thought.
Okay, Aaron and I better leave and pick up Liam from school so I am there before the precious ones come out with their class. What PRECIOUS days!
Praising God that you are sleeping through the night. Love to you!
Don't feel bad for one second about Baby Einstein. I had it on for Caroline when she was a NEWBORN!!! There is NOTHING wrong with that:)
Sorry about that Abe. He must just really love his mama and want her to himself all the time! Cute pictures of the twins. I cannot get over how much Abe looks like Max!
Thank you, Jennifer!
You just saved me a $25 co-pay to the Doctor.
Now I can let Shari know that I have colic....
Jenny girl! Bless your heart! First of all, I would love to see Max's facial expression when the twins decide to have a fussy spell. I bet it is cute and hilarious. Second of all, you still sound cool as a cucumber. Third of all, I'm not so experienced in this area but I HAVE heard that colicky babies LOVE noise (sound machines, fans, sitting on the dryer in their bouncy seat). When AP would get gassy. She liked to lie on Max's arm (face down w/ her head in his hand and her legs hanging over his elbow). I think his arm against her tight, gassy tummy was comforting for some reason. Also, Praise Baby has DVDs for infants. I don't have any but I think Dolly does and that she said Michael loved them. PTL that this is just seasonal and will be over in the blink of an eye (remind me of that in 10-11 months)!!!
Look at you...what a cool mom playing PINK on your blog!:)
The pic of Abe & Lane cracks me up. It reminds me of a prom picture. The boy stands behind the girl and has his hand on her hip. Do you see it or is it just me??
Your description of Abe sounds just like Colton. So as usual I have no advice to give but feel free to pass along anything that works for you.
I am speechless after reading Denise's comment about Jane being up at 9, 12 & 4. Bless your heart Denise!!!
Hi Jennifer -
Dayna, the lost Reber sister here! Just wanted to comment that your babies are BEAUTIFUL. Every once in a while when I have extra time and am blog wandering I check on your site. I am so happy for you to have those precious babies. You are doing great and I know you love every (well, almost every) minute of it. Keep up the good work!
1. Wow Dayna! Good girl! I'm proud of you!
2. Laughing at the prom picture comment! Nikki you are so funny!
3. FBIL---YOU ARE FUNNY!
Y'all, Susan commented! Thanks to her I've gotten more sleep than most twin moms over the past 3 months. Sadly, Susan no longer visits us since the twins are sleeping through the night now.
And wait...I feel so honored to have another Reber sister commenting. Hi Dayna! Thanks for checking in on my sweet babies.
Nikki, that is hilarious about the prom picture! I went back and looked at it and so true. Abe is even giving his "I'm too cool" look for the picture.
And FBIL, I could have diagnosed you with colic ages ago...figuring you out ain't rocket science.
Since Susan doesn't come at night, can she come help you in the day w/ the colic?!?!? Does she commute to the Queen City? :) I hope you took good notes and can pass on her tricks.
that dress lil' miss lane has on is too precious! love it!
Post a Comment