(if only this were Abe or Lane)
Abe HATES his car seat! When the car is moving he will calm down (most of the time) but as soon as I apply the brakes I can hear him start breathing heavy. When I finally get to a stop...well, let the screaming begin! Today was the first day I actually waited in car line to drop off Max for school which meant us sitting still and you know what that meant...Abe screaming! Now Lane doesn't love it either but she will eventually fall asleep as long as her younger brother isn't throwing a fit.
C'mon girls...help me out! Does anyone have any suggestions or things I can do to make him like riding in the car? Do you think he will outgrow it? All I want to do is drive to Target in peace!








14 comments:
Will did not like the car seat until he could face forward. He started to buck as soon as he saw it. So just...9 and 1/2 more months of screaming for you. Easy right!
Greyson did okay in the car except in the dark, and Campbell is fine with it as long as the car is running, so I can only guess that maybe his paci or one of the colorful mirrors or something on the back of the seat for him to look at might help? Good luck!! I will agree with Melissa that it is SO much better for everyone when they get to turn around!
Welcome to my life with both of my kids...it s-cked!
PS-Love the new banner.
Music??? Lindsay was the queen of car seat hating forever!! Raffi made her happy....
Good Luck...that is haaaaard to deal with!
Hi, Holly here (Kelly W.'s friend) My oldest son utterly detested his infant car seat. We switched him to a regular car seat at around 6 months and after that he was an angel. He is a great rider now, so hold on there is hope!
Oh, I feel your pain. Colton is HATING the car and carseat. Adam loved it so I am also at a loss. Let me know if anyone has any good tips and pass them on my way. Maybe just dope him up on dramamine before each outing. KIDDING PEOPLE...kind of. :)
When Adam was a baby we had a little mini mobile that cliped on the handle of the carseat and hung over his head. It played music and he loved it. But I cant seem to find them in stores anywhere now. I guess it has been 7 years...they probably dont even make them anymore! :) I am going to check ebay.
Hope things get better.
I remember driving around with Michael and I felt like I was speeding when he would start crying. I got so tense and hated it. He was the same way when I would slow down. I would always tap my breaks at the stop lights so we would move a little. (haha) It took him a while to like his car seat but I always played music and turn it up and he loves it. If he ever starts crying now, I just pop in a cd and he gets quiet. That and I would hang a little toy on his car seat that he could stare at. Hope that helps but I think ultimately, you'll just have to let him cry and get used to it. :(
When RA was about 2 months onl, he would SCREAM in the carseat. It would drive me crazy and my nerves would be frazzled by the time we'd get home from running errands. Do you know what finally stopped it? A new carseat! We went from a Peg Perego to a Chicco and it ended! I dont' know what the deal was:)
How about a Benadryl? tips from the woman who's never had a baby . . . But it works on Eric when I want him to shut up. :-)
I feel your pain, Jenny. I remember those days and can only imagine with TWO. Dolly's right! Try music. Get the Praise Baby CDs. AP LOVED those and they worked like a charm. The other thing, make sure the sun isn't in his eyes b/c I know that was one reason she would scream. She HATED that. I also hate to say but it might take a couple of weeks of screaming and eventually, he'll give in. DOn't let it stop you from getting out and about, though!
Oh no! That does stink. I don't have any advice - mine were decent car riders, but I did pray a bunch when we got in the car.
Hang in there!!
Jennifer, I am sorry about Abe not liking his car seat. One day you will look back on this time and say, "I can't believe they have outgrown those car seats and then of course the day when they will be driving themselves". Thinking and praying for you during this season and Abe telling you what he thinks of riding in the car. That boy is going to go far....hold me to that!
I think you need to just tear his little rear end up. If you spare the rod, you will spoil that child. He needs a good whoopin'. (JUST KIDDING PEOPLE)
What about one of those portable DVD players that hangs onto the seat back? You play a cartoon or something that might distract him until he gets more used to it or is old enough to do a forward-facing seat. Mine were OK in their seats but they totally stopped fussing once they faced forward. It could also be that horrible diaper rash. I have heard that you are trying to stretch the diapers and leave them sitting in their pee for hours on end. LOL!
I'm a friend of Windsors' and that's how I came across your blog. You keep me encouraged and laughing...I love your authenticity!!
My 2nd son Luke, hated the carseat from day 1. We could go 3 miles or 300 and he would SCREAM the entire time. We hooked up the DVD players, popped in baby noah and baby Mozart from the baby einstein collection and that worked really well. Even at 3 months.
good luck...sounds like he's your strong-willed child. I recommend reading Dobsons' book while you're ahead.
Post a Comment