Sunday, June 7, 2009

8 days...but who's counting?

All three of us are still here in one body...barely. Only 8 more days left until my scheduled c-section and I seriously don't know if it can get here fast enough. I will whine a little in this post and say that each day gets harder than the one before. I can't really walk far without things really hurting so I tend to not walk much. Putting my trusted black pants on has become something I dread because it also really hurts to lift my legs up - what's up with that? Okay, and baby boy literally climbs up into my rib cage the second I lay down in bed and it feels like his elbow is digging into my ribs. The past 3 nights I have been up from 2ish until 5ish...just hanging out, surfing the net, using the bathroom for the 100th time, etc. So, am I a Debbie Downer or what??? Sorry. At least you're not my husband who has to live with me! :)

But, June 16 is my sister's birthday and I will persevere so that I will never have to buy her another birthday gift...seriously that's what she told me...not a bad deal to me!

Hope everyone has a great week!

By the way, I'm off to watch the season premier of Army Wives on Lifetime. Did anyone watch that last season? I thought it was pretty good so we'll see...

19 comments:

Momofgirls said...

Hang in there!!! It is almost over!
I will be praying for you...

Donna said...

Jennifer, lately I'm always wondering "I wonder if Jennifer will go in labor today?"! I can't wait to hear the news. I know it's uncomfortable for you but just think...in at least 8 days, you'll be holding TWO sweet little babies!! I wish I lived closer, because I would be over there painting your toes and waiting on you hand and foot:)

Kelly said...

You are such a trooper! What a great job you have done keeping those precious babies safe and sound for this long. Enjoy the calm...I know that is hard to do!!

Kelly

Happy Four said...

Jennifer, those last days carrying just one are so hard I can't even imagine how you must be feeling.

I logged on thinking today may be the day, but it is good to know you have a date planned and scheduled so you know it won't surprass eight days.

Can't wait to see photographs of those precious ones. Hang in there.

Andrea said...

Okay, Donna -- you're making me look bad! I offered to shave her legs, but she won't let me! Miss Independent.

Kristi Smalley said...

Girl, can you believe you have made it this far??? I didn't think you would go into June. So much for my spiritual discernment.

Yes, let's humor Shari and go until the 16th. What's 8 more days, right?????? (Easy for us to say). I can't wait to see pictures. Did you decide on names yet???? I have gifts still waiting to be sent. After all, it is all about me, ya know. HA!

Andrea, I think you need to go over there and take better care of your sissy. I also think you need to do a Brazilian wax on her so she won't have to worry about the "nether regions" for a long time after the birth of the babies. Just a thought.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Let me just say we are glad to hear your whining because if your weren't we would all wonder if you were real. Thanks for letting us know how you feel! We are so praying!!! Hang in there- it will be here so soon!!! I haven't watched that show but I might start- there is NOTHING else on!!! Take care and rest- like you can anything else. Hug Max!!!
Blessings,
Shay

theowensclan said...

Yeah! That's so cool! I CAN'T wait!! I'll be checking back often to hear the big news. :)

gbad said...

The full moon was shining so brightly on the beach the last couple of nights and we were out crabbing and I kept thinking about you, wondering if you were in labor yet. I know weird... I have never met you but I was thinking about you...creepy i know.. ha ha
no, I feel so sorry for you. Just having one was so painful the last couple of weeks. You are one STRONG WOMAN! I will check back with you .. there is light at the end of the tunnel..

Dolly said...

I too keep checking in to see if you've gone into labor yet. I'm so excited for you but know you are miserable right now. You've done so good Jennifer! Keep it up these last few days. I can't wait to see those two precious babes. Do you have everything all ready?

Kim said...

Oh if I got started I could sound a lot worse than that! You are doing so great!! Poor Don and Kevin are putting up with a lot these days!
While you are up in the wee hours you need to post some pictures of the nursery!!
Maybe I'll see you tomorrow if you bring Max to OT (and I make it through
another day!).

Melissa said...

Thinking about you girl. Kristi makes me laugh. Complain away, this is as good a time as any. I need to know what it feels like to carry 14lbs of baby. That is what the blog world is all about.

Denise said...

I'm with Donna. Every so often I think, "I wonder hope Jennifer's doing." In fact today I was out and about for about 5 hours and I almost called D or D to ask if you had posted anything new about your status.

Okay, I was pulling for the 10th, but the 16 on your sister's bday sounds really sweet. Both Harry Jack and Jane are were born on Danny's sisters birthday. I just LOVE that!

Sorry you're up during the night! I know that stinks!

sassy seamstress said...

thought about you last night when i saw that the moon was full...i was hopeful for ya! keep on keepin on, jenn! i know these last days must be extremely difficult, so i will keep you in my prayers. take care!

Angela Richardson said...

You poor thing. Everyone needs a little time of whining. You let it out girl. I could almost feel your pain, you described it so well. Your body is just working overtime right now. Isn't it crazy how if our babies need something, they get it from us??? My dentist always says that's why I have cavities. My babies stole the calcium right out of my teeth when I was pregnant.

Have you had your pedicure yet? I know your legs won't be up in stirrups and you probably can't see them anyway, but knowing they look pretty will help you feel better. With Will, I wore..."Bogota Blackberry" (October baby) and with Wesley, it was "Rodeo Rose" (August).

Are you saving the reveal of the names for when they are delivered??? Or have you not decided? I can't wait to hear what they are.

Praying for you sister!

Carrie said...

Jennifer,
I am so proud of you!!! Do you realize what an amazing thing it is that you have carried those precious angels so far? Whine as much as you need to. You are strong and you can do 8 more days. Can't wait to see pictures! Praying for you daily.

Windsor said...

I was actually going to do a post on you and how little you have complained during your pregnancy! Here I am feel huge, my back hurts, my belly gets in the way, my feet hurt, etc... Ha, ha, ha you must be thinking! I certainly do admire your positive posts and lack of complaining. At six months I am complaining with just one baby! You are amazing! Hang in there girl! I am praying for you and can't wait for the pictures of these precious children. I know it is hard especially now, but know this girl is admiring you staying power!

Jennifer said...

You girls are all so sweet...thanks for the encouragement!

Unfortunately, the names are still not 100% decided. I have a feeling it's going to come down to the wire like it did with Max...nothing like a little last minute excitement to add to the mix!

Angela - you are so funny that you remember the OPI colors you wore when you gave birth! I swear you work in marketing for them and just haven't told us yet! I had a pedicure last week but I'm going to do another one on Saturday. I did buy some OPI polish the other day and I think it's Cancun Fiesta maybe??? Kind of hot pinky...think I'm going to use that one. Give me your review when you get a chance. :)

jane said...

ALMOST TIME!!!!! Not much longer....Can't wait to hear when they get here. Take care!