Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 24

Today marks the 1st day of week 24, but let me tell you I feel and look like I should be starting week 34! I can't even begin to tell you the amount of people who have told me this past week how much I've grown or how I look like I'm about to pop. I walked into a shoe store a few days ago and the sales person laughed and said "the hospital is down the road." She about died when I told her I have 3 months left! Here are the latest pregnancy pics...

003

002

My stud husband ran the Reedy River 10k (6.2 miles) race in downtown Greenville on Saturday. His goal was to finish under 49 minutes, and he did it in 46 minutes and 44 seconds...that's about a 7 1/2 minute mile! A great time and not bad for someone who has only been able to run several days a week over the past few months...hence, another reason for the term "stud." I was horrible at taking pictures on Saturday so this is the only one I got and it's of him almost to the finish line - Don's in the green shirt. Notice the blurry head at the bottom of the picture...that's Max with a MAJOR new hair cut!

010

My sister, mom and niece did the 5k (3.1 miles) race. My mom and Lily walked/ran most of the race, but Andrea ran it and also had a GREAT time! She finished it in 26 minutes and 3 seconds...about an 8 1/2 minute mile. She placed 6th in her age group which consisted of 134 people...not bad, not bad! Unfortunately, I never even saw Andrea running so I didn't get a picture of her. Here's a picture of Lily and my mom at the beginning of the race.

008

Now, Saturday would have been a a beautiful day downtown with the family except for the fact that we weren't able to find Max for close to 5 minutes. I can't even begin to tell you the fear I had knowing that each way I looked down Main St. in Greenville I could not see my child and he wasn't answering me when I yelled for him - pure panic and a feeling I still cannot shake. Come to find out he was actually with my nephew and another little friend, but I didn't know that. I thought he was by himself so it just didn't make sense to me how he could have just disappeared so quickly. One of the guys in our group found them about a block and a half up from where we were - across a main intersection in downtown. They just weren't paying attention (and we weren't either obviously) and had kept walking with a group of other people thinking it was our group...when they were found they still had no idea we weren't around...crazy! When someone said they found them I just sat down on the curb and thought I was about to throw up. I will say that there were quite a few strangers who stopped to help us look - wanted to know what he was wearing and looked like - so nice of them. A sweet lady also brought me a glass of water - she probably thought I was a 9 months pregnant lady who had just lost her child and could possibly be going into labor! Anyway, it just made me more aware of how quickly your child can get away from you and that you have to be so careful...a good reminder but unfortunately one that has left me scarred for life! :)

19 comments:

Windsor said...

So scary when you can't find/see you child! I am glad things ended perfectly and that people were willing to look. People hear would just walk by and wonder what happened. You do look bigger, but not that big. Bless you heart! Hang in there, we are praying for you and your family!

Dolly said...

Okay, where do I begin? First off, you are ADORABLE pregnant Jennifer! You are ALL BELLY and those twins are growing more and more everyday! What an answer to prayer. I love seeing pictures of your belly grow.

Now, I love the fact that your family (mom and all) are so athletic! Good for them and great picture of Lilly and your mom. Next year at this time I want to see a pic of you in the race with your twin jogger.

Congrats to Don and I'm SOOOOOOO happy you found little Max. I cannot imagine how you must have felt. Glad the community pulled together and even offered you a glass of H20!

jane said...

Wow...you look great! Think how worried you would be if you weren't growing so nicely!!!!! You just keep it up and in a few months you will have two gorgeous new babies.
Go Max! My children tended to disappear often and Franklin always said I didn't look after them very well but I really did. With four it was just hard sometimes to keep them all together, especially at the state fair.....Praise the LORD we always found them. I can't imagine what it must feel like to never find your missing child.

Anne said...

There is nothing more frightening than losing your child in a crowd. It's terrifying. I'm so glad you found Max and that everything turned out alright.

Secondly, I didn't see your family downtown on Saturday! We were there, too. I ran the 10K (with Don) and finished about two minutes behind him. Cool!

That photo of Don... if he's turning off Broad Street into the finish shoot there was a pile of vomit right there at the turn, beside the sidewalk. Did he see it? Or did it happen between he and I? Too funny. :-)

Thirdly, you look great! You're pregnant with twins, for heaven's sake! Just remember that in this case it's a good thing to be big. It's the best excuse goin'!

Also, Andrea ran a great race, and your mom and Lilly are lookin' good, too.

Suz said...

You are the cutest ever!!! :) You look amazing and what a neat thing to be carrying TWO precious little ones! Praying for you, girl. Hey I moved my blog (just so you know)...got sick of the app. I was using to blog. Hope you're feeling well after fighting the flu. HUGS!! BTW, Will got away from us at a baseball game once (he was 3) and was gone for about 10 minutes and I just wanted to curl up and die...I was feeling so negligent. We found him sitting eating Dippin' Dots that a park employee had purchased for him b/c he said that is what he wanted and b/c we told him he wasn't getting any so he went to get himself some. OH MY....it was awful. I'm glad he enjoyed those stupid Dippin' Dots!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, Jenny. I got a pit in my stomach hearing your story. I am ALREADY so paranoid about that. I don't know what I'm gonna do when AP gets older and more independent. That is my biggest fear (well, one of em)!

You look GRRRRREAT!!!! Isn't this around the time you had Max?!?! Doing good, girl, doing good!

theowensclan said...

First of all, let me say. You look FABULOUS dahling!!! You are all baby bump. You don't show anywhere else.

Congrats to Don!! It takes me 20 minutes to go a mile on the treadmill! LOL! Now I know why you only got a picture of his backside. He was running way too fast to get a frontal picture!!

About Max! Uhg! I can not even tell you how scary that sounds! It made me have a flashback to the story you shared when he left the house and you went looking for him, to find him in the backyard playing. We are gonna need to put a GPS on that little man!! I have to tell you though, being honest and all. Now that my boys are TEENAGERS, if they got lost somewhere, I don't think I would look as hard now! :) Maybe my boys will get "lost" at your house until they get through the "know-it-all teenage" stage!! hehehehe

Have a great night!

Nancy said...

Several comments:
1. You look WONDERFUL!
2. I'm so impressed with Don's times. Just so you know my current time for a 5K (1/2 of what Don did) is something like 45 minutes. Basically I could walk faster than I run. Seriously, I am so impressed!
3. I'm so glad you found Max. That is the SCARIEST thing ever - especially in a crowd. Thank you Lord for angels of protection!!

Rose said...

Girl, I think you have grown. In a good way. You look fabulous. I know the feeling when I child disapears. Sophia was on her way home a couple of weeks ago.(just across the street) and got side tracked...I was terrified(crying). She went into a neighbors house and didn't tell me. I was 2 seconds from calling 911.
Congrats to Don!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn!!! I was going to comment on how beautiful you look and I REALLY mean that!- you are glowing and please enjoy every minute- how blessed you are. I love your precious blooming belly.

And I am so proud of your family for running...

But the big thing- losing Max for a few minutes- it has happened to the best of us and I can tell you I had the same reaction- pure horrific panic and when found pure horrific nausea. There is no other greater fear than losing your child. I was forever scarred as well but that's ok- I am so thankful Max was fine!!!

Bless you sweet friend!
Shay

Andrea said...

Doesn't sista look beautiful? Hasn't started to waddle yet, so all is good.

Poor little Max. As the mother of J.'s nephew, Clay, who was with Max, I will take some blame. Funny thing, though, we were all looking for Max -- had no idea Clay was missing too. Nomination form for "Mom of the Year" will be forthcoming. I expect to win.

Kristi Smalley said...

Andrea, you are HILARIOUS!!!!! OK, Jennifer, my blood pressure went through the roof just hearing about this story. How awful! I'm just glad the stress of those 5 minutes didn't put you into labor. You do look so pretty, by the way. You wear pregnancy well. Lane and Tucker are just stretching out, making themselves at home aren't they? Hang on chillins, hang on just a little bit longer!!!

Since you are getting larger and don't want to go into pre-term labor, you might want to refrain from intercourse from this point on.

(I had to add that for blog shock value) HEE-HEE!!!

Nancy said...

Kristi - Shock value received! I just said "YIKES" out loud. You crack me up!!

It's a Mom Thing said...

OMG. What a scary moment with Max. I would have been FREAKING out! So glad everything turned out ok, but you're right. They can get away in an instant.

You are such a gorgeous preggo. I think you may have "popped out" recently, but you are having TWINS. That makes everything different. You look great!

Joy Chafin said...

Love the new pics. You look amazing!

Angela Richardson said...

Jennifer - you look like a pregnant model! I always thought those pregnant models must just have a fake belly attached to them because everything else looks so great! That's YOU!

I'm so thankful you found your little guy. Crowds make me a NERVOUS NELLY! That happened to us one year at the fireworks in downtown atlanta. We looked everywhere and Will ended up just being under our blanket the whole time.

Kristi, you CRACK ME UP with the word "intercourse"! Here's some synonyms... you probably shouldn't be "intimate" or "make love".

Donna said...

I agree with everyone...you look GREAT! It's like Dolly all over again---NOT FAIR!!!! Wear it proudly, Jenny Girl:)

Congrats to Don. I cannot imagine running a 7.5 mile. That is ridiculous. I know you are proud of him:)

Sorry about Max, but what a relief to find him. I bet you gave him a huge hug when you saw his sweet face!!

Kellars Mommy said...

Ok so I'm going to sound like a mockingbird but you look great!!! Enjoy that growing belly, take tons of pics and take pleasure in knowing that your babies are growing and that your pregnancy is moving on along!!! So sorry about the Max scare, I would have freaked out. I pulled up in my yard one night and it was dark, I let Kellar out of his seat and sat him down, I turned around and he was gone, it was pitch black and he too didn't answer me and all I could think about was the road and it being dark, we are not right on the road but still..I started panicking and calling him and all my hollering had him scared and he was froze behind my car and was afraid to move..It was only a few seconds but it seemed like an eternity..

Nikki said...

Lokin good! Your belly has grown since the last picture, but the rest of your body looks tiny!

My heart was racing as I was reading the story about Max. Been there done that. It is the most awful feeling in the world. I can just imagne your panic. Did you hug him tight all day?