*I got my taste for coffee back! Yes, it happened about a month ago and it has made my mornings so much better. I even ordered my favorite breakfast bar again. They go great with coffee and I love it when I'm up early by myself and can drink a cup of coffee, eat my bar and watch a little Fox and Friends...my favorite part of the day.
*My mom made a pot roast with vegetables and brought it over for dinner one night this week. So good and even better because I didn't have to cook it. Thanks mom!
*My sister brought me a cute maternity outfit on Thursday...too bad the large shirt is too small. Do they make twin maternity clothes because these clothes made for one baby aren't going to cut it for much longer. Thanks Rea! Andrea also brought over the cookie dough I bought for her kid's school fundraiser. Thanks again Rea...I've yet to bake one cookie but half the dough is gone...hmmm???
*I bought 256 diapers this week for a grand total of $21.75. Thanks for the coupon/sale info Denise and Donna...thanks to you I'm going to have a hard time spending more than $5 on a pack of diapers!
*I think I just found a new addiction. Last week it was cherry/orange popsicles and this week it just might be a cherry slush from Sonic. Yes, Max and I went there for dinner last night (Sonic burger with mustard/lettuce only) and I looked up at the menu and it was like the slush just said my name. I have never ordered one, but it was GOOD...especially after I drank most of the cherry liquid out and was left with slush ice with just a hint of cherry...YUM!
*I got a magazine on Wednesday from Boden and have been dreaming about the day that I could a) actually wear these clothes and b) actually afford them. I'm imagining myself walking down Main St. in this outfit next spring with my twins in their stroller and Max, eating an ice cream cone, walking sweetly beside me (see previous post)...
Or maybe I would wear this to meet some friends for lunch while my babies are sleeping peacefully...at home with their full time nanny.
And then I'd wear this cute outfit with that cute necklace maybe to dinner with Don...again, while all my children are at home with their full time nanny.
WAKE UP JENNIFER!!!!!
*I just bought this book two days ago. I've been reading about breastfeeding and have read that instead of saying "I'm going to TRY and breastfeed my twins" I need to start saying "I AM going to breastfeed my twins." A friend of mine had twins a month ago and has yet to use one bottle...isn't that great! It's going to be tiring and time consuming no matter how the babies are fed so I'm thinking if I can learn to feed them without having to go downstairs in the middle of the night, heat bottles and then clean them...well, that would be great. Also, I have a feeling they will be a little premature and from previous experience I know breast milk is SO beneficial to preemies...I really don't have a choice when I look at it that way. I AM GOING TO BREASTFEED, I AM GOING TO BREASTFEED, I AM GOING TO BREASTFEED...check back with me later this summer.
*I haven't been sleeping very well at night, but it's something I'm getting use to. After lying in bed this morning for over an hour, I decided to finally get up at 5:45. I go downstairs to make coffee and I'm not lying...I hear Max coming down the stairs at 5:50. NOOOOOO...WHYYYYY!?! So, I did what every good mother would do - I turned on a movie, gave him an oatmeal cookie and told him his milk was in the refrigerator. But, the good news is that he has a birthday party this morning and Don is taking him. I get to stay at home all by myself on a rainy Saturday morning...ahhh.
Okay, after rereading this, maybe I shouldn't have blogged today.







17 comments:
You are way to hard on yourself... you are one busy girl to be carrying two babies. I loved reading about your week. Wish we were neighbors and we could hang out! Have I ever told you I LOVE your new look for your blog! Thanks for sharing your life today- makes us feel normal since we are doing the same things you are- just not pregnant :D.
Blessings,
Shay
I have to tell you that you can definitely breastfeed those babies! I don't have twins but I was so BLESSED to have a lactation nurse at the hospital that did. She made it work. Knowing she did it with twins encouraged me to push through with one. I do have to say that once I got over the first few weeks that are a little tough...I won't lie, breastfeeding is easier than bottle feeding.
oh my, that was hysterical! I really cracked up on "the milk is in the refrigerator", i thought I was the only good mom that did that. And that Boden mag is precious. but yes, it is expensive. I always look at it because it is one letter away from our last name and think it was MEANT for me to buy, but just can't do it. I love your day to day journal it was very entertaining. I haven't had much to blog about it either..lately....hmmm maybe the day to day is just as interesting...
Okay Jennifer, you need to share that diaper deal if it's not too late!!
And you are right, you definitely have to keep the mindset that you WILL breastfeed the first few weeks, but it does get so much easier, and being able to lay in bed and doze while the baby nurses at night is priceless!! It's great that you know others with twins to get some advice from.
And I am jealous that you get to "do nothing" all day!!!
I say take the breastfeeding day by day. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You're gonna do great!
I LOVE those clothes too! I don't get fancy schmancy magazines like that one. Maybe I should subscribe so I can dream a little too! Well, I take that back, I DO get Chadwicks of Boston...does that count??? ha!
I CAN NOT believe Max woke up so early! Oh man, when I hear Lindsay walking down the hallway I must admit, that I say WWWHHHYYYYY!!?? too!
The oatmeal cookie was lke having oatmeal, right? At least it wasn't a brownie!
That post was sooo funny! I am glad you shared the details about the life of a mom with twins...I can't wait to see the pictures of your cuties all decked out in their southern smocks with baby "Kristine" wearing an enormous bow the size of her head!
Guess I will have to post about our date night last night...waiting for a table we had a loooooong conversation with a drunk guy, who I made pay me a quarter each time he said the F word, while I tried to tell him that God loves him. Well, he already knew because he said he is "an ordained minister"! Good times!
That third outfit from Boden? The long sweater one? I've been obsessing about it for over a month now. I want it so.
Hang in there, Jennifer.
Our weeks sound so similar... take/pick up from school, karate, therapies, church, hang out on the couch. Except I only get to do that late at night when the kids are in bed and I'm letting MYSELF grow because I usually have a soda and some snack with me!!
Good attitude with the nursing!!
*Sounds like my day-in, day-out
*You already dress WAY cute
*I will be your biggest breastfeeding cheerleader. It is so worth it! Get yourself a GOOD nursing pillow, better than a Boppy.
*Irene & Eugene, you have a cool mom!
OK...I LOVED BFing but did they have to put that picture on the cover of that book?!?! You should have seen my eyes.
I'm w/ Ang. Don't put pressure on yourself or set any expectations. Just do it as long as it works and take it day by day. Those first couple weeks, I cried prolly everyday and almost threw the towel in but once we got the hang of it, we just took it day by day until she weaned herself. Next thing I knew, we had been doing it over a year! If you had asked me how long I'd do it those 1st weeks, I would have said maybe not much longer! After I went home, T]the lactation consultant at the hospital was my life line! Definitely make those appointments and go ahead and rent a pump from the hospital for at least a couple of months to establish your supply. After that, those Medula or handhelds work great and frees you up if you need a break!
This was a great post!!!! What do you mean you got nothing?
WHEW! I am tired reading about all of your activities. Your life sounds as exciting as mine has been lately, except you get Boden catalogs.
I hope you get to breastfeed. I wanted to breastfeed SOOO bad and it just didn't work for me. I have bad anatomy for BF and it still breaks my heart. I feel like I missed out on such a neat experience. All mine got were the colostrum as I was screaming in pain. Ha! Carrie, my sister, breastfed twins for a solid year. She was a milk machine and it worked great for her. It is all about getting them on a schedule. Have you heard of the book, "Babywise". I have a copy I can mail you. I did it with all three of my kids and they all slept through the night by 2 months. Carrie swore by that book.
For someone blogless you sure found lots to blog about! he-he
Love your Boden dreams...invite me to lunch...oh, sorry I will be spending spring in Paris this year and won't be able to come! HA
no matter what you blog about...it is fun to read!
Kelly W.
I love reading your blog posts too! You DO still sound so busy though. Just keep reading lots of baby books. The thing is, I read like 3 or 4 books before Michael was born and I felt like I forgot everything I read once he came. It slowly started coming back though. :)
I received that Mini Boden book in the mail and LOVED all the baby clothes in it. It's just so stinkin EXPENSIVE!!! I could justify buying myself something from there because I'm (hopefully) not going to outgrow it in a few months time. Have a great week and BE LAZY while you can!!!
I have been SO bad at commenting lately! SO embarrassing for me. What a loser blog friend I am.
You on the other hand are SO funny. You are doing just fine growing those babies.
I probably should not say this,but I will. There are times when I am so physically tired from getting up at night and taking care of my little ones, and I think of you and say a little prayer for you and what you are about to embark on--sometimes no one else I know, has. BUT, you will do great. God give multiples to special people, and that is what the Don Clardy's are!
Good thoughts on the Bfing. If it gets to be too much, pump! They will still be getting good milk--"mothers milk"--that makes us Reber girls laugh when we hear those words. You will do just fine.
Enjoy the sofa and bed!
Am commenting again to say to h*ll with you and your cookie dough, Jennifer! :-)
We bought a few of those boxes, too, from kids in our neighborhood. When the kids delivered them I promptly marched those boxes into the kitchen and shoved them in our freezer. I didn't think another thing about that cookie dough AT ALL until I read your post on Saturday afternoon. Then I went back into the kitchen, open the freezer the door, and ate my way through an entire box of M&M cookie dough. Lovely.
My thighs thank you. My butt thanks you. And most importantly my spare tire thanks you, too. Argh. :-)
Jennifer, your posts are ALWAYS so good! You're a good writer.
I love the Boden catalog and the mini Boden is SO cute. Too expensive for me. Try ebay?
LOL at the school cookie dough. I bought some sugar cookie dough from my neighbor's school and it was DELICIOUS! Too good.
I'm echoing everyone else's advice on bfing. Do it one month at a time. It's different for everyone. You'll do fine. You have the perfect attitude about it and with that coffee drinking, breakfast bar and cookie dough eating, those babies will be well nourished:)
Wow, I take a week off and miss the blog that had sooo much material. My sarcasm meter pegged when I read this but I can't bear Kristi's scolding so I will refrain.
Post a Comment