Sunday, March 22, 2009

26 weeks

Tomorrow will be the beginning of my 26th week of pregnancy. As much as I've tried not to think about it, getting to this week and, most importantly, getting past it has caused me some anxiety over the past month or so. Max was born at 26 weeks so the number has always been in the back of my head - probably my least favorite of all the 40 weeks. :) Now, I don't think I'm home free if I get through the next week...36 weeks is my goal and is what I'm striving for. And can I just say that as I type this these babies must be having a play date inside my belly...I can literally look down and see my stomach moving up and down on both sides. One of the most amazing (and a little odd I'll admit) things to experience!

Here are my 26 week pictures I took today. You're getting to see me in pajamas which tends to be my outfit of choice lately...they fit, are comfortable and don't cut off my circulation.

26wks

004

I'm hoping that this will be the week Max can move into his new room. Our neighbor came over and helped Don move a desk, file cabinet and a few other things downstairs and into our spare bedroom. My sister and mom have told me (right Mom and Andrea???) that they would help set his room up so I'm hoping we can do that this week.

We have our monthly ultrasound tomorrow at the high risk doctor - one of the perks of being old, having twins and already having a premature delivery. And then on Tuesday I have my monthly appointment with my regular doctor...can't wait to step on the scale this month after all my visits to Marble Slab and Sonic (still on the cherry slush kick), my eating of a tub of cookie dough, and a few stops to McDonald's.

Oh, one cute thing Max said this morning. He came over to me and rubbed my belly and then asked "are the babies going to live with us forever?" It was said so innocently and not in a selfish way at all. I know he's still trying to comprehend all these things we're telling him and just can't quite figure it all out yet. But, he will soon and will be such a GREAT big brother...I cannot wait to see him with his brother and sister!

21 comments:

theowensclan said...

Oh you look wonderful! You definitely have that pregnancy glow. I think I'm having simpathy symptoms. I'm craving all of the same foods, but I'm not expecting! Uh oh! Those pounds will stay with me forever! Max is a doll. He has the most precious spirit. He'll make a great Big Brother.

Melissa said...

I love the Max quote. I can hear his little voice in my head as he said it. I am sure you will be able to write a book of Max quotes once the twins arrive.
Why don't you put your new little video camera to use and film that belly hopping. I did it and I am glad I did.

Momofgirls said...

What a beautiful Mommy!
We will have to keep praying you through 10 more weeks!
Max is so sweet, he will be such a precious big brother...you should have a little "Big Brother Shower" for him with your family and friends, get him things that will help him be a good big brother (new pajamas, a new video game-for when HE has to wait for you to care for the babies, a picture frame for his first picture with them...)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

You look beautiful!!! I am praying you through these next few weeks. I sure hope you get Max's room done. I loved what he asked you. So sweet.

Donna said...

Again, Jennifer...lookin' good!!! Pregnancy is definitley your friend, pajamas and all:) Your belly has grown since last week's picture! It's so cool to see the progress and I cannot believe that you are already at 26 weeks! You just enjoy it and eat all the slushies and cookie dough you want.

I love Max's quote. How sweet:) Now, Andrea and Mrs. Dunn....you get on over to the Clardy house and let Jenny put you to work!

Denise said...

Cute cute cute! Love the pj's!

Yikes, we've got to get going on that shower!

Have you registered?

Kristi Smalley said...

Well aren't you just the cutest little thang??? You have grown a little since last week but you still look great. I am glad you have reached your 26-week milestone and are healthy and going strong. These babies are going to go all the way!

Now, that being said, you let everybody else lift, move furniture, paint rooms, organize the nursery.....YOU SIT YOUR HINEY DOWN!!!!!!!!

FBIL said...

How wierd!
I never said anything but when Max was at our house in December he came up to me one morning, rubbed MY belly and said the same thing!

Lookin' good girl! We are all praying for you!

Dolly said...

I'm with Melissa. I can just hear Max in my head saying what he said. Such a cutie!

Jennifer, I LOVE seeing these pics of you and you are ALL BELLY! So cute! It really IS cool to see your belly moving with a life inside of you. God is really creative! Yes, enjoy eating whatever you want now. You have an excuse!

jday said...

You look adorable!!! :) I'm known to put my jammies on at 4 pm many days if we don't have anywhere to go that evening- I'm all about the comfort, too!

Max is going to be an amazing big brother!!!

I'm late to the comments on your last post, but I got there!

Kelly said...

The pictures are great! I will pray everyday that these precious babies stay put for lots longer! You got some more growing to do!!!!

Kelly W.

Fitafter4 said...

It's all about the jammies....

You look wonderful! Wish I were there to rub that cute belly! I hope to be joining you soon...
Hugs--

Happy Four said...

Jennifer, you look amazing and I continue to pray for you and those precious twins. I pray for you each morning when I use the Lip gloss you sent in the Valentine's Blog Swap :)

Again, you look great! Your Max sounds like an amazing son and how lucky those twins will be to have him as their big brother.

jane said...

You look terrific....Looking forward to seeing Max's little sister and brother...

Windsor said...

You look amazing! I can't believe you are carrying twins...I look that big just carrying one now! (: You have gotten bigger since last week what a great sign of healthy babies! How are you sleepin? We have been praying for you and the family. Max will be a wonderful brother...no worries there!

Angela Richardson said...

Jennifer, your pajamas are cuter than most of the clothes I wear out in public! And, are you photoshopping your face in all of these pictures? Be honest. :) You look GREAT!

Those babies are gonna come out and recognize Max instantly because he's been talking to them. How sweet. And remember, God has the perfect day and time for those babies to come.

Have you ever tried McDonald's choc chip cookies 3/$1.00. Oh MY GOODNESS! I get 3 and eat them all!!!

Angela Richardson said...

And another thing...who's cleaning your tub? It's sparkling in all these pictures! DING!

Kristi Smalley said...

FBIL, you just bring tears to my eyes every time you comment!

Joy Chafin said...

Still looking great, Jennifer! If it makes you feel any better I've been on a Sonic kick my whole life. Nothin' better to me than their jalapeno poppers and a large lime slush.

Jennifer said...

Thanks everyone!

Windsor - sleep...what's that? :) Some nights are better than others, but I do have hip and leg pain when I lay down so that's not been fun at night. This is all so strange for me because I had none of this with Max. Of course, I never got this big with him either.

Angela - I have gotten those cookies at McDonalds and they are GOOD! I actually will get those and chocolate milk for Max - his fave! LOL at the bathtub comment! We've lived in this house for 5 years and it has NEVER been used...maybe that's why?!?!

Nikki said...

Lookin good as usual and making it impossible for me to post a picture of myself on my blog because of the shame and embarassment of being compared to you! :) Espcially looking that good in your PJ's.

Max's comment was so sweet. He will be a great big brother.

I just saw your last post and I say AMEN SISTER! Who were the deleted comments from? Was the lurker back?