Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Max!

My sweet boy turns 5 today. How can this be? It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating his 1st birthday. He is such a good sweet boy and is truly my little miracle. I have been working on writing down his birth story, but just have not had time to finish it yet. Unfortunately, it wasn't a very simple birth experience (who's is, right?) so it's turning into a novel. When I post it you have my permission to skip right over it.

We celebrated Max's birthday last night with family - my parents and my sister and her family. Don's dad came into town late last night so we will have another mini-celebration tonight. This is the 3rd year Max has had a Thomas themed birthday party and the 3rd year I've used some of the same decorations...this boy of mine LOVES trains!

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Sweet! Happy Birthday Max!!!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Max! I thought he was turning 5 this month, but then I was second guessing myself and thought maybe it was 6.

You guys have a fun day remembering the past 5 years! And eat some cake for me!!!!!!

Denise said...

BTW Jennifer, you did a great job decorating the cake! After all these Thomas the Train bdays, you have got it down pat! (Just teasing you! I would have done the same thing!)

Dolly said...

I love Max! It looks like he had a nice party. How cute that he loves trains so much that he wanted it again for the third year.

Happy Birthday Max!

Kristi Smalley said...

I agree with Denise....you did a phenomenal job on that cake. I'm impressed. You are giving me a run for my money in the cake-making department. Ha!

Tell Max we all said "Happy Birthday"!!!! YOu will have to smother him with kisses and tell him it is from his blog aunts. And when you get that birth story done, I WANT TO READ IT!!! Git Er Done!!! You might be too busy in the future to get it done so now is the time.

Donna said...

Max looks so happy! Five is a big milestone year, too:) Enoy the mini-celebration with the FIL.

Oh, and next summer you and your family are meeting us at Tweetsie Railroad in Boone. My MIL has a season pass! I'm seeing a mini-blogunion in the works.

theowensclan said...

Happy Birthday Max!! I had forgotten that Max and my son shared the same birthday. It's hard to believe that my "little" boy is now 14! It does go by fast. I wish there was some way to freeze time. I'd love for my kids to be little again. I love the cake. He looks so happy.

Kellars Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Max!

starzy18 said...

Happy Birthday Max!

Shari said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Max! We love you and can't wait to see you next month! Aunt Shari & Uncle Eric (aka FBIL)