Monday, October 27, 2008

Busy, busy weekend!

This was a busy, but FUN weekend!

Friday night the girls from my SS class had a sleepover at our SS teacher's house. I ended up coming home about midnight because I had to get up early the next morning, but it was a lot of fun and we found out A LOT of interesting information about some of these girls (not me, of course, I have no skeletons in my past). Have you ever played the "I've Never..." game? It's where each person is given the same amount of toothpicks and then you go around the room and each person has to say something they've never done. If you've never done what the person said then you keep your toothpick. If you have done it then you have to throw your toothpick into the middle of the group. The object of the game is to be the most innocent person there and have the most toothpicks left...needless to say, I have never won this game. We played this at another SS party and it's definitely an ice breaker....you're just not as intimidated to be around certain people when you know they've been to jail! HA HA

Here we are in our pj's and sweatpants...my kind of party!


After not getting in bed until 1:00, I then managed to get my sister, Shari, and myself downtown by 7:00 so that she could run the 1/2 marathon with my other sister, Andrea - did you get all that? Shari and Andrea did GREAT!!! I, of course, was not able to run the race due to being designated the family photographer for the day.

Bright eyed and bushy tailed...before 13.1 miles!This was about mile 4...Andrea was still smiling!And Shari is still smiling too!After the race...STILL bright eyed and bushy tailed after 13.1 miles!The athletes and their cheering team!!

After being downtown at the race all morning, we then headed to a birthday party for Max's friends, Maddie and Bennett. Max had a blast jumping and sliding on the inflatable slide. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures, but trust me, he had fun!

Sunday morning we went to church then went over to my mom's for a great Sunday lunch. Shari and Eric were leaving that afternoon so mom sent them away on a stomach full of roast beef and gravy...yum!

Then on Sunday afternoon we headed over to our church's fall festival. Andrea and the kids tagged along and I'm pretty sure the kids had a good time - Clay even won a cake in the cake walk! Max wore his "fighter fighter" costume and looked pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.
I think this picture is so cute of the boys! Check out Lily in the purple shirt!Max needed to get a few more germs on his hands before he ate his hot dog...nice.Check out Max striking a pose with his neighborhood friends. As you can see he gently placed his hand in the small of Shaler's back...such a gentleman!



One more thing, PLEASE PRAY for the family of sweet Monica Pryor who battled cancer for the past few years and passed away this morning. She leaves behind a husband and three young children. I went to Bob Jones with Monica and then we were in the same Bible study last year. She had an amazing attitude about her illness and I firmly believe it was because of her unwavering faith in Jesus Christ. You can click HERE to see her CaringBridge site...what a sweet post from her dad announcing that Monica had gone to heaven!

11 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, you have been a party animal!!! My, oh my, Don needs to rein you in!! I have to say that I am really shocked that you didn't win the SS toothpick game. I guess the whole Demetrius thing ruined it for you.

I am so proud of your sisters. How in the world do they do that? I guess there is a method to working your body up to running over 13 miles. Why don't you try it and get back with me on that, Jennifer.

Max was a cutie-pie in his costume. I rolled at the picture of Max being so subtle as he places his hand "on the small of her back". That was so funny. What a smooth move, Max!!!

Thanks for letting us know about your friend. I just finished reading her story on her site. HOW GUTWRENCHING! I know God used her but anytime I see a mother leaving small kids behind, I almost can't take it. Is this the girl you were telling me about that you would go and help on occassion?

Donna said...

That DOES look like a fun weekend! I love the pajama party and toothpick game idea. And you sure have been to your fair share of races over the years, huh?! Way to be the supportive, caring sister.

I love Max's costume. He looks so proud! Your comment about his hand on that girl's back made me laugh!!

Sorry about your friend. I hate hearing of young adults dying and leaving small children behind. SO sad!

theowensclan said...

Hey there, What a great weekend. You are a Wonder Woman! I work with a lady who just told me about your friend. She went to B.J. too and goes to church with the family. I will pray for comfort and peace for them.

Angela Richardson said...

I've always wanted to win a cake at a cake walk! But only a real homemade cake. None of this store bought stuff. Something some grandmother made that would melt in your mouth! :)

You have to be EXHAUSTED! You guys were party hopping for 3 days! So, does little Max nap anymore? I'm sure he slept great at night!

I must say, your sister is in amazing shape! I could see her muscles in her arms and legs.

And, your pictures from your fall trip...BREATHTAKING! I want to hop inside the pictures. Looks like it was so relaxing.

So sorry about your friend, I just went and read her story on CaringBridge...that really was amazing.

sassy seamstress said...

i think i have asked you this before, but what years were you at BJU?

Jennifer said...

Sassy - I was there from 89-91. I vaguely remember talking about this - who went to BJ that you know?

Denise said...

Jennifer--goooood post. Me enjoy reading it.

First--call me anti social, but I don't get into sleep overs now that I am married. The only sleep over I like is at my parents or sisters houses when we travel home, or of course, next to My Love! I would have been the one to go home late too.

Second, I LOVE the game you played. It sounds so fun. It sounds a lot like a game we used to play in college called True Colors. There was always someone who left the game feeling a little worthless. Funny--why is that funny to me?????

Third, kudos to the runners. That really is cool. I wish I loved to run--but nada!

Fourth--I am sad to hear of your friends death. I will have to read about it a little later. I cannot read or see things that make me cry right now. I will be praying for them.

jday said...

Come on now Jennifer, can you not run and take pictures at the same time???

sassy seamstress said...

everyone I know was there either before or after you. one of my brothers was there in 83 and the other one in 85. then my best friend was there from 92-96.

Nancy said...

Wowsers - running a half marathon? Your sister looks like she could be in some sort of running magazine - all happy and all.

I'm so sorry about your friend. I will be praying for her family and friends.

Unknown said...

I love this post and my heart goes out to your sweet friend's family. I will pray for them.

Come on now, Jenny, can we get down to a matter of biz?!?!?