These are the towels warmers I will gently pull my towel off of as I'm getting out of the shower.
And this boarding house is where Don, Max and I will be eating our meals, going in for fresh cookies and coffee throughout the day, and sitting by the beautiful fireplace...
...or maybe we'll eat a few meals out here.
This is the golf course that Don will be playing a round of golf on...and this is also the course that will most likely leave him a very frustrated man.
Okay, I must admit that the only reason we're able to go to this place is because my sister, Shari, and her husband own property at Balsam Mountain. They are here from Texas and will be staying at Balsam the entire week, but we will only be staying for a few days. We went last year around this time and it was absolutely beautiful...everything is so rustic but also so plush which gives you the best of both worlds. Max is making the trek with us this year and every morning when he gets up he asks if this is the day we're going to the mountains...he's so excited and so am I. I have been looking forward to this mini-vacation for several months now because a relaxing vacation for me is cool weather, beautiful fall leaves, fun with my family and, last but not least, great food!
I've got my trusty ole' boots packed...let's hit the road!!!
P.S. A big Happy Birthday to my friend, Kayla, who today is SO much older than me!!! Let me know how 38 feels, okay? :)

P.S.S. My friend, Dolly, had her sweet baby boy yesterday - Michael Leland Seckman II. Congratulations Dolly and Leland...he sure is a cutie pie!







9 comments:
Wow, that looks beautiful! Nice and relaxing. Enjoy yourself, I'm jealous. :)
Wow---what fun! Have a great time.
Kelly
Jenny! I love the boots! That cabin and the lodge looks SOOO nice. You will all have a great time and I can't wait to see the post! Eat some cookies for this cookie monster and drink lots of hot chocolate!!
You are spoiled rotten...that's all I have to say ROTTEN, ROTTEN, ROTTEN :-). Girl, you are going to have a blast...I think you are going to a little piece of heaven...it looks totally FABULOUS!
I want to see lots of pictures when you get back.
Kim
PS. Love the boots....super cute.
What a fun mini vaca. I am going to look up this place once I finish commenting. It looks so peaceful, so relaxing, so nice!
Good for you and Don and sweet Max for getting away for a few days. You just relax! Sleep, EAT!
Are those really your boots? Cute!
Now that looks like a very fun place. Enjoy!!!
I am more than jealous! Towel warmers? Wow and to think I throw mine in the dryer and holler for Joey to get it for me and all along I could have had one installed on my wall..ha! Either I have been a slacker on reading up on Mr. Max or you have been a really busy blogger, must be making up for all the days w/out posting! Have fun and I can't wait to see all of your pics...
p.s. love the boots!
i am so jealous of your mountain getaway. looks so divine. enjoy it!
Whoa! That cabin looks like something out of a movie. I am very jealous! I am going to check this place out online...not that we will ever be going there, but it just looks so neat! Have FUN.
Post a Comment