Before I got in the car line I took a few pictures of Max playing on the playground. Nope, doesn't look like he's missing me at all.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Camera happy
I put my camera in the car today in hopes of getting a few pictures for a Halloween blog challenge - find the tackiest decorations possible. Well, in the process, I decided to take a few pics of some interesting (and not so interesting) things along the way.
Before I got in the car line I took a few pictures of Max playing on the playground. Nope, doesn't look like he's missing me at all.
Max has PT every Thursday at 1:00 so I usually go get some coffee or run a few errands while he's working hard. These are just a few things I saw along the way today. Wally Dog...one of Greenville's finest hot dog establishments. For some reason this sign made me think of Kristi...don't know why...just did.
I wonder if this place has any Thomas the Train videos I can buy for Max...and what are novelties???
A little cafe I passed on the way to get my coffee this afternoon. I guess they're doing well in these turbulent economic times and aren't afraid of losing any Republican customers in the "buckle of the Bible belt" - better known as Greenville. But hey, we live in America and they have every right to put that on their sign...just like I have every right to never go to Snapshot Cafe again.
Check out how CHEAP gas is! Yes, I'm excited about the low 3's when it comes to gas...I guess I better thank President Bush.
This was going to be my first entry for the "Tacky Halloween Decorations" challenge, but these pictures just don't do it justice. I'll have to continue my quest - any Greenville people out there know of some good tacky houses? But, my question on the below house is where do they store all these decorations? Because they do this for every holiday...seriously, Christmas looks like a candy cane blew up.
Check out those yellow adirondacks...can't miss those!
Lastly, just a few views I got to experience today...I love Greenville and I love fall!
Before I got in the car line I took a few pictures of Max playing on the playground. Nope, doesn't look like he's missing me at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







12 comments:
I don't think you have to worry about Snap Shot, I think they went out of business! Just come on over to Easley and I can show you a house up the street from me that puts your choice to shame! Picture a giant inflatable "demon" arched over the entrance to the porch, other inflatables in the yard, those stuffed "dead people", plastic tombstones, I could go on! I can try to get a picture for you.
Oh, Kim, they DID go out of business - I get it now! So they really are blaming President Bush for their business going under. Hmmm...I was thinking maybe it was the overpriced not very good food. I guess I could blame the makers of candy corn for me eating several bags and gaining 5 lbs this week...the list goes on and on when it comes to the blame game. :)
I talked to your hubby today...he was letting me know that his company is doing the trunk or treat this year. He also said Greyson is going to be there...can't wait to finally meet that boy! By the way, I also told him that it's mandatory to dress up in costumes! HA HA
I think Greenville is a beautiful place to live. My parents grew up there and I still have several relatives there. If we didn't live in CLT, I'd want to live in GVille. What area (general) do you live in? Feel free to email if you don't want to put it in comments.
Don't worry, I won't show up on your doorstep! HA HA
Funny post Jennifer! I can just see you and your nice camera snapping all these shots...like you're a journalist or something.
I'm Laughing at the Halloween house and the yellow chairs. WOW!
Greenville is such a pretty city! Looks like the leaves are just starting to change there too.
Very nice post Jennifer. I love the pictures of Greenville the best! Just your all American city in the Fall. Lovely!
I cannot believe how cheap the gas is there. Cheap--funny! Three years ago we would have said, "Can you believe gas it over $3.00!!!!!"
And lastly, I agree. Where do people who decorate like that for each season store all the decorations? It is just too much work!
I was planning to take a picture of my house when I returned home to show off my Halloween Decor, but now I am afraid that you may mistake it for a tacky house that I found. I promise you that when Will gets older, my goal is to have the tackiest house in my snobby part of town :).
Melissa
That was a good post! I thought our gas was cheap today at $3.55!!
We think alike- The past few days I've been taking pictures along the trails I run to do a post about how pretty Greensboro is this time of year.
And, I was thinking of you yesterday- my husband was traveling and called me from a Zaxby's in Greenville!!
Good post but please tell me....why, oh why did the Wally Dog remind you of me? Please expound b/c my imagination is running wild. Could it be the halo above the head or is it the big old snout????
Now you and Don go ahead and open that Pandora's Box, ya hear?
OK, I am jealous about the fall. We don't have falls in Texas like yall have out East. So take lots of pictures to indulge me and Denise who won't get a fall.
Now, please clarify....did you just drop Max off inside that park and drive away? I know that the fence probably made you feel more secure but you can never be too careful. Poor baby needs his Aunt Kristi.
Keep taking those random pictures. That is a good post idea...to take random pictures as you are driving around.
Ok, I'm totally going to be on the hunt for tacky Halloween houses. I didn't think that one was too bad...some of it was tasteful. I'm thinking along the lines of giant spiderwebs, hanging heads, ghosts and goblins. Ewww...
And Wally Dog. That place has been open forever...but only actually open a few hours each week. If there was ever a front for a dope house that is it.
Cute pics of Max, as always.
Oh Zaxby's! Julie! I love it! Miss it! Want it now!
Nancy - I guess I didn't realize your parents grew up here. Where? We live in the Pebble Creek area...let's see...it's kind of in between Furman and Bob Jones, close to Wade Hampton Drive. Does that help at all? And, you better stop my house if you're ever in Gville!
Miriam - That is hilarious about Wally Dog! Seriously, I have NEVER gone by there when they are open. Do you know their hours? How do they stay in business?
Kristi, yes...it was definitely the halo on the wiener dog.
Denise - they don't have Zaxby's in Florida??? Why do they do things so different down there? :)
Great post! First of all I'm laughing imagining you in your car outside of a playground taking pictures of children! People probably saw that huge camera coming out of the driver's window and thought you were some sicko! Max looks cute, though.
I cannot believe gas is $3.15 there. I know it's always cheaper in SC, but 3.15?! THat's great!
That house is funny. I'm waiting for the people down the street to finish with their house before I snap the picture. It is unreal.
Post a Comment