That, my friends, is all my kids packed in the car. One going to kindergarten and the other two going to their first day of PDO (Parent's Day Out)! That's right, every Thursday I will have 5 hours (5 HOURS...count them) to be by myself, run errands, do nothing, meet friends for lunch, not change dirty diapers, etc. I know some may take offense to my excitement and some may question my lack of crying as I walked out the door yesterday morning, but you know what, I'm okay with that. My sweet friend, Kristi, just did a post last week about sending her 2 year old daughter to PDO for several days a week (I would link you to her blog but it's private). Poor thing, she must love her daughter more than I love my kids because she had a much different reaction than me.
Seriously, having this one day will be so nice and I'm thankful my husband agreed. Like I mentioned the other day, I don't get out much so this will be my opportunity to get some stuff done without doing it after 8:00 at night. So, what did I do on my first free day you ask? Well, I drove to the car dealership to get my oil changed but the wait was too long so off I went. I then stopped by the mall, TJ Maxx (bought a purse but don't tell Don), Goodwill, a consignment shop, Duke's Sandwich Shop, Barnes and Nobles (completely sold out of the book about John Edwards) and then ended my day with a run through the Chick-fil-a drive thru to get a coffee. Starting next week I will actually try to use my time a little more wisely.
Oh, and let me tell you who's taking care of my babies. Well, it's at our church and they are in a room with only one other baby AND they have two sweet ladies tending to their every need. I walked out of there yesterday feeling so relaxed with no anxiety whatsoever. Wait, did I say walked out of there? I meant RAN!
Speaking of my sweet babies, thought I would throw in a few pictures I took yesterday afternoon. I personally don't think they look offended about me leaving them. Well, maybe Lane does a little.
Oh, and a shout out to my niece, Lily, who turns 10 today!!! I can remember getting the call from Andrea in the early morning telling me they were on their way to the hospital. So, I rushed over there and was able to be in the room when she was born...with a head full of dark hair! Happy Birthday Lily Pearl!







17 comments:
So happy for you!!! Who in the world would take offense at you needing a couple of hours to collect yourself and take a much needed breather?!
Those babies are so cute and getting so big! Max looks like he's pretty proud of his brother and sister!
Are those little sneaker socks on Abe?? Love them!!
So glad you got a day to yourself! Now work on don to get a few more each week...I mean this blog does not write itself!! You need some time!
Kelly
you go girl! I am the same way when I drop Bro off at MDO (mommas day out). I am sooo worn out when its time to pick him up, because I literally don't stop. I go from one end of the earth to the other and when its time to pick him up, I am dieing, but could not live without it. hilarious about Abe with the dangly...you do what you gotta do. Surely they disinfected it when the put it up for sale. Surely...:)
WAY to go!!! Enjoy your time off,NO MATTER what you do! My twins love the medicine bottles too!!!! SO funny!
Julie - laughing at "couple of hours to collect myself" Ain't that the truth!
And yes, those are sneaker snocks (Trumpette) that my good friend, Miss Rose, sent me. Rose, those are the only socks they wear. You can tell they're starting to get a little small so I'm about to order the toddler size for them. I swear, those are the only socks that will stay on their feet. Thanks again...great gift!!!
Kelly - I could have them go 3 days but Don said something about getting a job if I did that. What's that about?
ELIZABETH!!! So good to hear from you. Those girls are absolutely gorgeous! Oh my goodness, please tell me you sent their picture into the Most Beautiful Baby contest on Regis and Kelly? I can't believe they're a year old. I hope you guys are having a great birthday weekend!!!
Enjoy your Thursdays- you deserve it! I go crazy staying home too many days in a row!
And you can throw those toys in the washer even though it says surface wash only. Campbell's carseat toy gets washed a lot.
And, it is crazy how different the babies look from each other! Both are beautiful.
hmm, I don't know a few days at MDO is lots less expensive than any kind of mental health care. Gotta look at the big picture~~MDO/sane wife, cooped up wife/insane wife.
Catching up on your blog...finally! You make me laugh so hard.
I am glad you are getting a day to yourself. I bet it feels good. I am with Julie, anyone who would have a problem with you "collecting yourself" needs to get a life. I bet Abe & Lane love all the attention they get from the ladies while you are out running your errands...a win/win! :)
Colton has those socks too. I love them and agree tht they are the only ones that stay on. Good to know they have them in a toddler size.
Lastly - the picture of your 3 kids in thier carseat made me exahsted just looking at it. I complain about getting Colton in and out of the car. I can only imagine how long it takes you to get all 3 of your buckled in. I would be a sweaty mess! That small task alone justifies your PDO.
Clap, clap, clap! I'm so happy for you! You really packed a lot in your first free day. Ahhh, it's like I can feel the relief in your back and shoulders for you...not having to buckle and unbuckle car seats each time you go to a store!
You need to give us cliff notes version of the John Edwards book once you read it (or find it). If it has pictures of him, I don't think I could stand it. He gives me the creeps.
That is great that the twins are able to have fun times too while you have Jennifer time...come on Thursday! I think that is awesome!
I hope you had a great weekend and that you have an incredible week ahead :) I'll be back to see what fun you had on Thursday...even if it entails getting a coffee and reading a magazine...it's all good!
WooHoo!!!!!!! Enjoy every.single.minute.!!!!!
You NEED this, it will make you an even BETTER Mommy!!
Those babies are so big...and just A-dor-a-ble! Max is a real looker too!!
Oh Jennifer, I love it that you've posted multiple days of pictures! My sweet birthday babies are getting so big. Pretty soon they'll be big enough to go to the deer lease with Uncle Eric!
Those poor babies....just dumped off with strangers and they aren't even a year old yet? Poor, Poor Abe and Lane. I bet by the time they are one, you will enroll them in daycare so you can catch up on your soap operas and buying nasty toys at Goodwill. LOL!
I'm teasing. Now that I have adjusted, I am started to look forward to Tues and Thursdays. She finally went on Thursday and didn't cry. We are making progress. It still kills me though, even though I desperately need the time to myself.
I am so happy for you! You need that! Five hours is GREAT! Usually MDO are like 3 or 4 hours.
I seriously laughed out loud at the Tylenol bottle. Why is that just the BEST toy??? Sometimes I like to give it to Jane to play with, just for a reaction from my in-laws! (that is horrible of me)
And, also smiling at Shari for calling the babies her birthday babies. My SIL does the same thing about Jane and Harry Jack. That is nice!
Where have I been? I'm just catching up and loved this post. I'm happy for you having that time to yourself. What about their naps? Will the twins take naps in strange places? Now you can get your grocery shopping done during the day and not night.
Michael chews on that same Tylenol medicine too. Actually it's CVS off brand.
Good for you! 5 hours?!! That is AWESOME! I know you will come to absolutely look forward to those days and there is NOTHING wrong with that!!
Oh and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is dying to read that John Edwards book! Did you end up getting one?
Oh and I want to get "Game Change", too. Have you heard of that one?
Post a Comment