Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Politician

For the past few days my children have been sporadically fed and bathed. I may or may not have showered. Laundry has been piling up. Phone calls have not been returned. Why you ask? Because I've been reading this book...


I tried to buy the book when it first came out but Barnes and Noble was sold out so I had to wait. Well, it was worth the wait. Let me tell you, I felt like I was reading the latest storyline to Young and the Restless. I mean, a politician having an affair is not that big of a surprise, but the lengths this guy went to to cover it up was absolutely unbelievable!

This guy (with his wife who went along with the scheme) was the guy who wrote the book and the one who claimed to be the father of Rielle Hunter's baby. Now, he's a jerk too but after reading the book I can kind of see how he got caught up in the whole cover-up.


I swear, after reading this book I don't trust ANY politician. Seriously, I feel like it's one big power trip for all of them. I think that a lot of them start out with good intentions and really want to make a difference in the world, but then they get caught up in the whole power and money thing. In addition to that, once they get to a certain level of power the people working for them are afraid to tell them no or that they're wrong. And, a politician is always thinking about getting reelected which influences almost every decision they make. UGH...I'm so over politics! (well, until it gets close to mid-term elections in November and I can't help but get caught up in it again)

Anyway, if you're looking for an easy, People magazine-like read then this is the book for you!

P.S. Obviously I've been infatuated with this story for quite some time. Check out THIS post I did back in 2008.

9 comments:

Momofgirls said...

Yuck Yuck Yuck! I watched all the interviews and I cannot believe what a slimeball John Edwards is...and it sounds like Elizabeth was sketchy too! I may have to get that book!

Nancy said...

Oh I am so going to read this book. Thanks for the informative review!

Unknown said...

Am I safe in assuming you'll be reading Jenny Sanford's book next?! :) BTW...I saw Johnny Weir @ Walmart the other day. Love ya!

Rose said...

I am afraid my anneurysm might explode if I read it. i am so fed up with their crap! it sickens me. Well, got to go, I just added barnes and Nobel to my list of errands today...

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, you are a sucker for those tell-all smutty books aren't you? I bet you read Danielle Steele novels to your children as bedtime stories. HA!

I am so sad for the Edward kids and Elizabeth who is dying probably thinking he will rush back into his mistress' arms once she dies. That would eat my lunch. I agree with Rose. It would irritate me so much to read the book. I don't trust any politician. It is all a big game. We need to start an anarchy.

Donna said...

Jennifer! I was looking on Amazon for this book just today. I'm glad you liked it because I CANNOT WAIT to read it and Game Change...apparently Lizzy Edwards is a real jerk behind the scenes. Shocking, I know.

Okay, don't get mad, but I think Don kind of resembles Andrew Young! He's a good looking man, although he's a jerk, so it's a compliment:) But seriously, when I saw him on 20/20, I thought, "DON CLARDY'S TWIN!!!"

Jennifer said...

Rachel - Yes, Jenny Sandford is next on my list. Although, I'm going to need to wait awhile so that I don't ignore my children again so soon after this last round. That Johnny Weir...working a Walmart shift before he flew off to the Olympics...what a stud/studette.

Yes Kristi, I am a sucker for these kinds of books. I wish I could be like my sisters who read these deep, thought provoking books but my brain just can't handle any more knowledge...know what I mean?

Donna, Game Change is definitely on my list! I actually read an excerpt from it on some website. It was the part about John and Elizabeth Edwards. Oh my, that Lizzy is a spitfire no doubt...you see that in this book too.

Funny about Andrew Young looking like Don...I can definitely see it. That makes me feel better now though because I actually was thinking he was pretty handsome. :)

Dolly said...

Good to know this book is so good. I saw it the other day and wondered. And if you can read it with 3 children, I can with one! And I cannot believe you did that other Edwards post in 2008!!! I remember reading that and it seemed like it was just a few months ago. Wow! Time is flying!

Denise said...

This is on my list to read too! Thanks for posting about this nasty man! Now I am even more excited to read this book!