Sunday, January 31, 2010

SNOW (well, sorta) and a few other things

Another picture post. Here we go...

This was just one night last week about 6:00...probably the WORST hour of every day. The twins are tired, starting to get hungry but yet it's too early to put them down and too early to feed them. So, I pull out all the stops...there is no baby contraption I won't try! And thank goodness for big brother Max...they love watching and laughing at him.I told Max to give Lane a kiss. Of course, I didn't realize he was going to cut off oxygen in doing so.My sweet Lane. Poor thing, for the past 6 weeks or so she has either had an ear infection or bronchial/junky lung issues. This past week she was on an oral steroid and and we're still doing breathing treatments. But, for the past 24 hours she seems to be feeling a lot better (longer naps, not crying/whining). So, hopefully she's on the mend.Thought I would put a few pics in of Don feeding the babies today. They eat baby food and drink a bottle for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then we also do a bottle before bed. They're eating all kinds of vegetables and fruit and the only ones that they really don't like are peas. Abe will start to gag and then he will do the big shiver...it's hilarious!Contrary to what you would think, our girl is the messy eater.Abe eagerly awaits his next bite...And this is why Abe is not a messy eater. He opens his mouth so wide that not one part of the spoon actually touches his mouth.I know he's mine, but he is so cute!And then yesterday we had our big snow day. Well, it was actually about 2" of sleet/ice which made for some good sledding though. Once again, the one time it snows Max is sick. He had a fever of 101 and a horrible cough but we loaded him up with Tylenol and let him sled for a little while. Thankfully school is closed tomorrow so maybe one more day of rest and he will feel better.Yes, that would be me taking a turn and it was FUN! If it weren't for the twins I think I could have stayed out there all day long!Don't you like the fancy snowflake editing I did on the next two pictures? I know...cheesy. I put two of my hats on the twins...Lane wasn't amused.
And lastly, my sweet boy who has on more than one occasion today coughed up a lung. Nice bed head, Max!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Twins are just so precious and their big brother is a cutie too!

Glad you got out to enjoy the ice...I looked at it from inside my warm house!!

Kelly

Kellars Mommy said...

They are getting so big and precious as ever!!! Hope Max is feeling better, I have a sick little boy too...

Denise said...

Abe and Lane are getting so big! They are looking more like--okay don't laugh--more like people--not so baby looking. They are so cute!

Ahhh,the snow. I am loving it. The children are out of school again today.

We had a few sickie here too. Hope Max is feeling better!

Kristi Smalley said...

Great post, Jenny-girl.....great post!!!! You made up for lost time. Those babies are gorgeous! Abe is such a clone of you. Tell Don, I am impressed with his feeding the babies as well as his facial animation. What a good daddy! That one picture of Abe's mouth wide open is hilarious!

I am loving the snow pictures. I looked at them longingly, wistfully, tearfully......Have I ever said that I hate living in Texas? I need to move one.

I hope all your kiddos get to feeling better soon. Maybe if you kept them out of day care for a week or two, they might rebound. HA!

Kim said...

Sick or not, that sweet girl is beautiful! And Abe is precious, too. Love those faces while eating!