Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Santa Claus Past

So today was the day...the day we braved the mall to visit Santa!

Thankfully, my mom got there early and waited in line (I know, I know...probably not the right thing to do) and my dad rode with me and helped get the kids out of the car and into the mall. My sweet QUIET Lane who hardly ever cries must have gotten spooked as we were walking into the mall because she started crying uncontrollably. It took us probably 15 minutes to get her settled...poor thing...I've probably only seen real tears from her several times so it was just pitiful. Max, as usual, got really quite around Mr. Claus and you could barely hear him talk. But, Santa now knows what he wants so his elves must get to work!

Just for fun, I thought I would show you our visits to Santa from years past. Take a walk down memory lane with me...

2003
Sadly, no picture with Santa. My sweet Max was almost 2 months old and was still in the NICU.

2004
Max had just turned 1 year old and was obviously having a ball sitting in Santa's lap!2005
Max was two and was obviously NOT having a ball sitting in Santa's lap!2006
Max was three and this is my favorite Santa picture because he was holding his beloved Thomas train. I wish I could have kept Max at this age forever!2007
Max was four and you can tell he was a little nervous. I loved his Christmas shirt that year...it said "Santa is my homeboy."2008
Max was five and had the Santa thing down pat. I'm sad though because my picture got stuck to the glass frame it's been in and it tore hence the big white spot on Max's shirt.2009
And here it is! Poor Max looks like he was pushed to the side, doesn't he? I think that's where he wanted to be though. And Lane and Abe were NOT going to smile...nope, just not going to do it. Don't you think this angle really accentuates Abe's multiple chins? And poor Lane was still recovering from her breakdown. All in all, I'm pleased with the picture and can't imagine what it's going to be like next year with two 1 1/2 year olds!
P.S. Click HERE to see video from last year's visit to Santa! By the way, you'll have to turn Neil Diamond down at the bottom of my blog so you can hear the video.

P.S.S. My babies are 6 months old today!!! I can't believe 6 months from now we'll be celebrating their 1st birthday. Ok, this is when time needs to slow down a little bit.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

It only goes by faster. The pictures were cracking me up. I am so glad you made it out for the picture. That is no small feat.

Tracy said...

Wow! Time does fly! What great pictures and memories! You're so good with the Santa picture tradition. I've always been hit or miss, or had the "Pelzer" Santa. I hope to see you soon, and until then Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

I love the Santa past pictures! I agree that Thomas train one is my fav and this year's is A-dorable!!!! It makes me sad that I don't have any of AP w/ Santa b/c she has been pet-ri-fied of him and holds onto us w/ white knuckles whenever she sees him. Silly girl. Way to brave the mall, Jenny. Happy 6 months to those babes and here's to 6 months of survival for their Mama!!!!

Andrea said...

Is it really necessary to put Abe in capri pants? Sweet.

Dolly said...

I love the pictures you have every year too! It's weird how in some of the pictures Santa looks a little different. I thought there was only ONE Santa? Hummmm.
Sweet Lane...I can't imagine her having a break down. She seems so laid back. Well, they both do really. I can't believe they are 6 months old already too! Did you say they were both sleeping through the night now? I can't remember.

Nikki said...

So many things to comment.

- I love this years picture. Poor Max does look like he is trying to make a run for it.
- As usual, as I was looking at all the past and present pictures I noticed that Adam either had or has almost all the outfits Max had on. And Colton has the socks Abe is wearing. Dont you love them.
- I agree that the Thomas picture is the best stage. The 3-4yr range was my favorite too.

Cute Cute Pictures!

We are going to see Santo tomorrow night at our TACKY mall. Should be interesting.

Kristi Smalley said...

I love the little walk down memory lane. Max was such a sweet little cuddle muffin. BTW - Somone who is good on PHOTOSHOP can fix that one ripped picture. I love the picture this year. The babies are so precious and I love Abe's chins. I wish I could kiss his neck fat. Max....OH MY WORD....he looks 10 in this picture.

Andrea..you are hilarious! Where has FBIL been?

Happy Four said...

Jennifer, thank you for posting all the photographs from the past of Max with Santa and then this year of the twins and Max with Santa Claus...love them!

Have a blessed and most merry of Christmas to you and yours!

Denise said...

Sorry, just getting...well TRYING to get caught up on the blogs!

Very sweet post. And neat the the Santa's seem to be the same a couple of years in a row. Max looks like he didn't change much from 2006 until now--he just got taller.

You have some sweet children Jennifer! I'm so happy for you this Christmas!

Unknown said...

6 months old already!!!! I have been soooo behind on reading and blogging, I'm gonna try and get back into the swing of things...The 2nd pic of Max cracks me up! Kellar never cried seeing Santa, I'm actually very surprised b/c he was so stuck to my hip I figured the prying him off would result in at least 1 meltdown...Hope you all have a Merry Christmas...

Donna said...

I'm getting caught up, too! Cute post idea. I love how you've bought the pics each year. How neat that it's the same Santa for a few years in a row, too. My favorite picture is the one of Max crying (I think the second one?) and this years. I love how Max is pushed to the side:)