Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mountain Mama

Some of you may remember THIS post and then THIS post. Well, we are packing up and heading there tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited! Although, packing for four people is extremely tiring and I've about decided I need a U-Haul...for a 2 1/2 day trip. Unfortunately, Don has a business meeting in Atlanta and won't be able to make it this year, but my parents and my sister, Andrea, are driving up with me. We'll actually be staying in a house that my sister, Shari, and her husband, FBIL, have rented for the week so it's a mini family reunion (wish Kim and Paul could be there too). She just sent me this picture of the back porch where she's been reading and relaxing.I tell you what, it's a good thing my sisters and my mom have agreed to watch the kids 24/7 so that I can fully utilize this porch. Isn't that right ladies? Max is SO excited and I'm so excited too because we will be able to spend some good quality time together like hiking to the little cabin in the woods we went to last year...so fun.

By the way, this was the trip where I was sitting on the cold bathroom floor of our cabin at 6 in the morning freaking out because I had just taken a pregnancy test and it was positive! Don and Max were still asleep and I just sat in there on the bathroom floor and relished the moment. And now a year later, two babies...how cool is that.

So, wish me luck on my first trip away with the babies and you may want to say a prayer for the rest of my family. Nothing like spending your vacation with TWO four month olds...YIKES...sorry guys!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!! Might not wanna sleep in those twin beds again or you REALLY will have your hands full! Although, since Don won't be there, maybe you're safe!!!! Don't forget your big honkin camera so we can see lots of GOOOOD fall pics! It sounds so fun and cozy! Good luck and you'll do GREAT! Max will love it.

\

Kelly said...

Wow...enjoy yourself!!

Kelly

Kristi Smalley said...

OH, I am SOOOOO jealous!!!! I wish I was there with you and Shari, curled up on that porch reading a Nicholas Sparks book. (BTW - His new one, The Last Song, is a great one).

Have a great time! Don't be letting those babies fall off that ledge while you have your nose in a National Enquirer. YA HEAR????

Kim said...

I had to laugh because this time last year I thought I was having gallbladder issues! Ha!

Dolly said...

Man, that back porch looks so nice!!! Wouldn't it be fun to have a girls weekend there with NO BABIES!!! It looks so relaxing and I'm excited for you guys. Yes, get lots of pictures and can't wait to see them.

Unknown said...

Have fun, I'm sure you will, look how comfy that porch looks how could you not...I was just thinking to myself that I wanted Joey, Kellar and I to rent a cabin this winter and go for the weekend and then I come to your blog and see your post, yep that's my sign we've gotta do it..lol..Those babies are getting big and just cute as ever!

Denise said...

Okay so I'm a week late to this post! Sorry, JFTB. Life is nuts!

Anyway, I want to be sitting on that back porch right now! ALONE! Well, I guess my man Dan could join me there too, as long as he built me a fire.

Glad you had time to get away. And has anyone told you today how sweet your babies are????? I was just looking at your post below this one, about the mittens. Your babies made me smile!

Have a good week!