Monday, July 13, 2009

Bath time!

Just gave Abe and Lane baths today...how cute are they! Abe loves getting a bath and Lane, well, not so much. But boy do they sure smell scrumptious!

Abe and those big eyes...so sweet.Lane feeling very relaxed!Max takes after his mama and loves chocolate...can you tell? Oh, with all the craziness around our house we have lost Max's glasses. So, we just picked out a new pair and should have them in a week. We'll debut them as soon as we can!Here's the stud who turned 40 this past week! Unfortunately, we weren't able to have a big blowout because of the babies, but we did go over my parent's house for dinner. Don's dad and my sister-in-law and nephews were in town too, but I failed to get pictures of them...must have been feeding, burping, or changing a baby.My friend, Melissa, came to see the babies. I'm thinking of a possible love connection between her Will and Lane...you never know! At some point I need to do a post about all of the visitors who have come to meet the babies. Although I've missed a few, I've been trying to get pictures of everyone who has come to visit. I'll get to work on that...Max and his Lite Brite. I bought this before the babies were born and thought it would be good for Max to play with when I wasn't able to play with him. Unfortunately, those little pegs are showing up everywhere around the house...UGH!
Okay, question for you...has anyone out there used Similac Sensitive formula? We just switched over because the babies have a lot of gas (Don says they take after me - not funny) and they cry like they're in pain when they do have the gas. So, we thought we would give the Sensitive a try. Just wondering if it worked for any of you???

13 comments:

Fitafter4 said...

I had the same problem with all my babies and had to switch to soy formula.
Good luck!!
Keep the pics comin'----
tona

Rose said...

such beautiful babies! Love the smell of a sweet clean baby...
Happy 40th DON!
We had to use Soy on all our kiddos. They all had sensitive tummies and where just fine after we switched..
good luck.
Do the miracle blankets work at all?

jday said...

BEAUTIFUL babies!! Lane does look sooo relaxed.

Gotta love a kid covered in chocolate! So cute!

Hope you're doing well!

Kristi Smalley said...

Those are some beautiful babies!!! I want to hold them so bad I can't stand it!!!!

Tell Don, Happy 40th!!! He can say that he had all his children before he turned 40.

OK, I hated the Lite Brite!!! Those pegs became my nemisis but if Max is happy, that's all that matters.

You might try switching the formula but my pediatrician did tell me that the first few weeks, the babies digestive systems are still underdeveloped and maturing and they outgrow most of that. I was convinced Preston had a food allergy and was colic, etc. because he had so much gas and would cry and cry. After about 6 or 7 weeks, he was a changed baby. He just outgrew it and the gas stopped.

If there is a formula that is better for their systems, I would try it. Now for your gas problems, well........???????

Kelly said...

Nothing cuter than clean and happy babies!!!

Sorry about the gas pains...I have not found anything to help with mine either..... he-he

Kelly

Melissa said...

I wrote a whole post about reflux on my blog. I swear by Similac Sensitive. The conference I went to recommended Good Start. It has hydrolized whey, so it is already broken down. She recommended starting with the purple can, then move to the orange. She also said that Similac sensitive was useless, but the reflux (projectile vomit) stopped immediately for us. I say keep trying to see what works.

Unknown said...

LOVE them and could eat them up! Those towels are adorable.

Did you get your package from Zerbert Baby last week? I've been meaning to email you to tell you to expect it.

Not sure about the formula but have you tried those Mylicon drops at all?

Tracy said...

Hey Jennifer! I love the pix of your babies (all 4 of them)! I hope to get by to see you all soon! I was going to ask you about the Mylicon drops too. I got to the point of just putting them in each bottle and that helped a lot!

Kim said...

Wow that Lite Bright looks different from the one I used to have! Hopefully you will find all those lost pegs before the babies start crawling!
I don't know much about formula, but Campbell is gassy, too. I have been reading and most information does say it is normal for newborns' digestive systems to not be fully developed at birth and the crying when they are gassy and need to poop will get better. I also just read that you can't just use the gas drops here and there, but they need to be given as regular doses at every feeding to work like they are supposed to. I would try that, we had to give them to Grey all the time and it seemed to help with gas.

Angela Richardson said...

Poor little gassy babies! It's so hard to console them when they're gassy. Yes, I have used the sensitive formula in EVERYTHING! My boys couldn't handle the regular formula. I also gave them GRIPE WATER. That really helped. You could give the babies a teaspoon after they eat. We eventually found out that our boys were lactose intolerant so we switched to SOY. Hopefully you won't need to do that.

So, are you watching the Bachelorette??? What was UP with Ed's swim trunks???? GAG!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Bless you and those sweet babies! So precious and so it that cute Max- can't wait to see the pics of his new glasses!!!
Blessings!

Happy Four said...

I just realized your twins are a full month old today! Praying for you and your precious family.

Donna said...

Jennifer, they are getting SO big!!! I know you are loving it. I love baby bath pictures:)

Sorry about Max's glasses. You'll get the new pair and then you'll find his old pair right when you get home!

Happy belated 40th, Donny!