Sunday, May 17, 2009

Randomness

*I hardly ever have music on my blog, but I LOVE this song! It's the new song by Daughtry. Seriously, Chris Daughtry (from several seasons ago on American Idol) has one of my favorite voices ever. I can't help it...I love a good pop rock song!

*The Bachelorette starts tomorrow night and I can hardly wait! Jillian from last season's Bachelor (who got jilted by Jason - lucky for her) is the new girl and I think she will be a great one. The only problem I see with it is that the babies are going to come during this season - do you think they will like The Bachelorette too?

*This will be Max's last week of K-4. He loves going to school and especially loves playing with his friend, Mitchell. Max will be going back to the same school next year for K-5, but Mitchell won't. When I finally broke the news to him his voiced started to quiver and he said "I'm going to miss him." It was just pitiful. Anyway, we have loved his teacher and his school (it's the preschool associated with our church) and have had such a great experience.

*My parents and my sister and her family came over last night to help finish up some baby stuff. We now have 3 cribs up in our house - two upstairs in the nursery and one downstairs in our guest bedroom/Don's office. They also hung some pictures of Max that we had taken two years ago that have been sitting in a closet...better late than never.

*I must admit something and I do feel a little strange about it, but something tells me I'll get over that feeling quickly. We have decided to hire a lady (post partum doula is her title) who will help us out at night for awhile. She's going to start immediately when the babies come home from the hospital and will really help me with scheduling, breastfeeding, and not getting too overwhelmed and exhausted. My mom and sister will help me during the day, but with recovering from surgery, taking care of two babies and a 5 year old we just decided that this would be a good idea. Especially since Don owns his own business and it's not always an option to just shut things down. So, I'm excited about our decision and not as scared as I was about what will happen when we bring the babies home. Her name is Susan and something tells me she may be my new BFF after a few nights of helping me out!

*I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. Our maternal fetal doctor told us last month that our goal should be to get to 34 weeks and we did it! My next goal is 36 weeks...we shall see.

*In case my body decides to keep these babies right where they are we have actually scheduled a c-section for Tuesday, June 16. That day also happens to be my sister Shari's birthday...how cool would that be? I've been told the odds of us going that long aren't too good, but I should have gained some brownie points with Shari by at least trying for her birthday...don't you think?

*Speaking of babies, this new Gallup Poll makes me happy. http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/More-Americans-Pro-Life-Than-Pro-Choice-First-Time.aspx

19 comments:

FBIL said...

*Hi Jennifer,
*Great update! I really like the new format.
*This asterik thing works great between my rambling thoughts although the * was kinda hard to find (note to others; look above the 8)
* I am glad you are getting some help beyond my FMIL and my other FSIL although I thought you would have hired Pat...you know, Kristi's friend from her shower blog to you.
*You might want to reconsider as Pat could also do some of Don's chores around the house in addition to yours like changing the oil on the Tahoe or cleaning the gutters and such.
*OK, that's all so I guess I'll stop with my asteriks now.
*Stay pregnant a little longer and I'll win the pool at work! It's up to three cases of Lone Star beer and all you can eat jalepeno poppers at On the Border restaurant!
*see all y'all later
*bye

*oh yeah, I almost forgot. I put the mute on your song cause the music was interfering with Shari watching Desperate Housewives. How did he get your voice anyway? I don't understand...

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I just want to say I LOVE Chris too and his song is awesome! EK and I rocked out while I read your post- great! I will have to download to my phone today.

I am so proud of you for getting help. It will be great for all of you. How wonderful that there are people that do that for new moms. I am praying the remainder of your pregnancy is perfect and your delivery is blessed and safe. Bless you, Don, Max, and the babies!

I hope you have a great Monday and get some rest!!!

Blessings,
Shay

Unknown said...

FBIL just won't cut you any slack, will he, Jenny? He is a hoot.

THREE CRIBS! That's crazy. Did they give you a bulk rate on those? Good for you for getting some help!

You have done GREAT. Can we please do a running poll and guess the date?!?! Something in me is saying it's gonna be this coming weekend. In the meantime, you just keep taking care of that temple and baking those babies!

Walking Mom said...

Nope, can't be this weekend or next. Andrea and I are working on a garage sale and we really need to do it before the little ones arrive. In fact, I'm taking the week off from walking to get through every drawer and cabinet in my house as well as the closets. So...it will really be better for me if they come on Shari's birthday. At my age, the memory will retain the birthdays if they come in threes. And, since Shari was my first and these babies will be my last grandkids, I think it would be a good closing of this chapter in my life. Of course, we won't send them back if they make an early entrance.

Happy Four said...

Great update and I am sure a feeling of peace knowing the cribs are ready for your new princess and prince to arrive. I am incredibly excited that you have made it to the 34 week point - PRAISE THE LORD FOR THIS BLESSING.

Thanks for sharing about Susan. One of my best friends in the world is named Susan and has four children and operates her household with such grace and love that I pray this Susan will be a real help to you and enable you to recover from the delivery and truly enjoy those first days as a mom of three - wow - three!

Sorry for the rambling...praying daily!

Jennifer said...

I should have explained the crib thing because 3 does sound like a lot! :) We didn't buy any of the cribs - thank goodness! One of them was Max's (I guess we did buy this one 5 years ago), one was my nephews and one was given to us by family friends. I'm going to put the babies in the same crib for awhile, but we went ahead and put the 2nd crib up in the nursery so it would be ready when it's time to seperate them. The crib downstairs is for the short term - just so we won't have to go up and down the stairs all day long. I have a HUGE phobia of falling down the stairs with one of the babies...YIKES!

Donna said...

I just heard that gallup poll on the View and I was suprised.

I can't decide if I'm going to watch The Bachelorette or not. Do I really need to get involved in another show?! I probably will.

I'm so glad you're going with Susan. That's her name, right?! Any mom would do it in a heartbeat! Plus, maybe she'll give you the time to blog at night!

I cannot believe you made it to 34 weeks. Good for you!!

sassy seamstress said...

yes...definitely get brownie points for trying the birthday thing! i don't know if i told you this or not, but one of my best friends had identical twin girls in January. They were babies number 4 and 5. Her other children are ages 8, 5, and 2. Her 2 year old is an active little boy!!! Her mom stayed with them for a little over a month (to help with the nighttime thing) and now she has someone come 3 afternoons/evenings a week. Her husband travels ALOT. All of that to say, you deserve every bit of the help you will get from this PP Doula. Congrats on making to the first gestation goal and I will pray you make it to the next one.

Kristi Smalley said...

Woo-Hoo! You are trucking along, girl!! I can't believe you are at 34 weeks.

I have to say that I am offended about Pat. She said she showed up at your house and you turned her away and told her to put out her cigarette and stop blowing smoke on Max. If this Susan lady is who you want, then FINE...JUST FINE!!!! You do whatever makes Jennifer happy b/c it's all about Jennifer. HA!!!

OK, do you have names yet??? Just curious. We should all guess what your due date will be. That would be fun. We will have to do it on your site because some people's blogs are private. I think you are going to go the end of May.

FBIL said...

DUH Kristi!!!
We decided the names during the blog baby shower! Don't you remember....Bubba and Bambi!!

Kelly said...

*How awesome that you have made it this far!!

* I like the asterisks thing too! I am a big fan of exclamations marks too.

*Love Daughtry...thanks for the good music while I type asterisks.

*Keep you feet up and be glad you have hired some night help!!!

Kelly W.

Nancy said...

Congrats on getting to 34 weeks! That has to be such a great feeling.

I'm glad you've arranged for some help. I have some friends who had nurses with singletons (how's that for a word) and they report it was the best thing they ever did! Good call!!!

Melissa said...

You will have to give the full report on Ms Susan. I may have to beg for her on round two (whenever that maybe). Oh and you have no excuses for not doing blog updates if you have help. I nursed and blogged all the time. I am sure it can't be that difficult with two hanging off of you :).

jane said...

Yeah for the doula!!!! Is that what the girl helping you is called. I have never heard that term before...I don't think! I think that is a great idea and I think she should stay for as long as she can or you want. Good idea and tell your husband he is a good man.....I am with your mom....June 16 is a good date! Keep those babies in the oven as long as possible.....Looking forward to meeting you and all your precious family. Will be praying for you. God bless......

jane said...

PS...Do they have "old age doulas"? I think I am going to need one!

Christy said...

Jennifer, I am so excited for you...we will be praying!!

Shari said...

Just so you know, Jennifer - I am setting up college funds with my "Financial Advisor" for any niece or nephew born on my birthday, June 16th. I'm just sayin' . . . . . Keep your legs crossed tight until the 16th!

(And be careful about putting polls on your blog that reveal your Pro-Life stance. The Dept. of Homeland Security has labeled you an extreme right wing terrorist and "She-who-shall-not- be-named" is a lurker to your blog and may turn you in! Be very careful . . . .)

Love you bunches! Shari

Unknown said...

OK Jenny, I withdrawal my original prediction AND I've solved the name quandry.

I checked when the next full moon will be and I believe it said June 7th so that's my new vote.

Not only did it tell me that but it also said the June full moon is named the Strawberry Moon (never knew that one). Here's why (random facts by HPS):

• Full Strawberry Moon - June This name was universal to every Algonquin tribe. However, in Europe they called it the Rose Moon. Also because the relatively short season for harvesting strawberries comes each year during the month of June . . . so the full Moon that occurs during that month was christened for the strawberry.

SOOOO...IF you have them on June 7, you can name the girl Rose and the boy Quinn (as in Algonquin).
Now, you can sleep tonight. :)

Sorry for the LONG comment.

Jennifer said...

HPS, you are a NUT!!! BUT, I must say those are some good names and I like the meaning behind them. Now if we can just get these babies to come on June 7...what do you think the chances are of that? Now, have you checked the Farmer's Almanac...what does that say about June 7? :)

Thanks for the help on the names...we still need it!