Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Randomness #2

* I've been a slacker blogger lately - both in posting and commenting. I tell you what though, there is not much right now that I want to do other than lay on my side and daydream about actually sleeping. And, is it me or are the days going reeeeaaally slowly lately?

* We had our last ultrasound yesterday at the "old women having babies" doctor. The babies look great and they estimated baby boy to weigh 7 lbs and baby girl to weigh 6 lbs - give or take a pound either way.

* I had an appointment with my regular OB doctor this morning and everything is status quo. Just keep on keepin' on until June 16 (I'll be 38 weeks) or go to the hospital if I go into labor before then - please Lord let that be the case! Oh, and I'm measuring 43 weeks (if I was pregnant with one baby).

* I'm 35 weeks as of this past Monday. Here are some pictures I took yesterday (Tuesday).

wk35

wk352

Let me point out the black pants that I am wearing in almost every picture of me since I was about 12 weeks pregnant. I have two of the exact same pair (bought them at Target) and I literally wear them 6-7 days a week. They sit below my tummy and don't bind, they're made of stretchy material, they have wide legs so they semi-hide weight gain, and they are really long which works well for me. So, if you are prego you must go get a pair, or two or three...you won't regret it. I would say you could have mine when I'm done but I'm thinking I'll still be wearing them for months to come.

* Max's last day of school was last Friday and they had a picnic to celebrate. Here are a few pictures of Max, his buddies and his teacher.

picnic4

Max and his teacher, Mrs. Stoddard...she was GREAT!
picnic3

Max and Mitchell just chillin'
picnic


* We took Max to see Night at the Museum. I thought it was pretty funny and Max did too. He keeps telling us his favorite part of the movie was when the statue flexes his muscles and then says "fiwah powah." Cracks me up every time he says it.

* We went over my parent's house the afternoon of Memorial Day. Check out the bear we found hanging out above the tree house. Looks real, huh? The kids didn't quite know what to think and were pretty apprehensive but who cares...nothing like scaring your children for a good laugh!

bear.jpg

bear3

bear2


* Oh, and thanks to my buddy, Nikki, I have now become completely obsessed with Sonic ice. Did you know you can buy it in 10 lb bags? I didn't until Nikki told me and I'm now on my 5th bag. I think it costs around $1.20 something a bag but well worth it. My husband couldn't understand my obsession but I have since seen him get several glasses full of Sonic ice to go with his Mt. Dew. It's addictive!

WARNING...SHALLOWNESS AHEAD

* I, like a lot of people, tuned in to see the Jon and Kate premier the other night. I still can't stop thinking about it and still can't believe they're letting all of this play out on TV where their children are bound to hear about it - whether it be now or down the road. It just seems that they're now use to a certain lifestyle so there's no way they could stop the show at this point. It's just sad and it's sad that I'm watching it.

* And I'm so disappointed with Jillian and the bachelors. Seriously, could they have picked a worse group of guys who, incidentally, use more hair gel than I have ever used in my entire life??? Don and I watched it and literally had to keep turning away because we were so embarrassed for these people. But, I will continue to watch it and be sucked into the train wreck.

Okay, that's it for now - exciting huh? Maybe next time you hear from me it will be with some really exciting news...we'll see!

18 comments:

theowensclan said...

Hey there!! I was wondering how you were doing. I am so glad you gave an update. I may have to give you my cell number and request a phone text when the babies come. I am leaving town next week and don't want to miss a thing!!

You are rocking g'friend! Those babies are at such a great weight! I am so happy for you all!

I don't watch the Jon and Kate show. I've watched the bachelorette show before, but I DON'T like Gillian. Her breathy voice gets ON MY NERVE!! The hair gell is SOOOO true! It's crazy!

I wish you the best. I am praying for you all. I can't wait to come see those babies.

Love and miss you, Kathi

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Ok... you are the cutest pregnant twin girl I have ever seen! Go great! And who cares how many days you wear those pants- comfort is the main thing.

Max is so cute! I know he had a great year.

And... I watched Jon & Kate too and the other show too. Both so stupid but couldn't stand it. My daughter Savannah loves both shows so I watched them with her. I am going to miss her when she goes back to school next week.

Keep resting!
shay

Nikki said...

I am laughing at all your randomness! Good update post. And as always, I will say it AGAIN...You look incredble! Skinny everywhere with a adorable baby bump. You could seriously be a maternity model. Makes me sick.

And on the sonic ice issue. I AM OUT OF CONTROL WITH THE STUFF. Somebody seriously needs to stop me. I am there almost every day and we do not live close to one by any means. What is funny is that my husband made fun of me the first time I brought a bag home, but I have since caught him getting ice several times for himself.

And you know how I feel about J & K, so I wont even get on my soap box with that subject. Plain rediculous.

Dolly said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you and how much your little babies weigh. Good job Jenny girl! By the way, your little babies are going to be so proud of their pretty momma when they look back on all your pregnancy pictures. You carried them well and it's paying off! Good for you.

Max is still adorable as always!

And for the bachelorette....I whole heartedly agree with you although I missed it this past Monday night. I HATED her choices of guys but I did like that pilot guy but only saw the first episode. He may gross me out after a while.

Jon and Kate....makes me feel heavy! :( Keep us posted on any progress.

Melissa said...

Here is my list:
Love the belly pics. You will not regret these pics later.

The bear is great. Maybe that would keep my cat out of the trees. I am already scoping out trees.

Max is such a young man. I am so happy for him.

What is the deal with the ice? I may have to make a stop to see what the fuss is about.

I am applauded by the weirdoes on the Bachelorette.

The J and K show is so sad. It was painful.

Windsor said...

Glad to hear the babies are at a healthy weight! Hang in there! We have been praying for you and the family!

I wish we had a sonic so I could try this ice! I will try to find one over the trips this summer!

sassy seamstress said...

so exciting. you look great. keep on keepin' on! btw, i craved Popsicles when i was preggers with my first. since then, someone has told me that when you crave crushed ice, it's an iron deficiency. not to freak you out...may be completely different in pregnancy. i had an aunt that craved sonic ice too! i also craved applesauce when i was preg. with my first. isn't it amazing how intense the cravings can be. i look forward to hearing about the babies. love the black pants...they'll come in handy for quite a while.

Happy Four said...

Again, I must convey that you look amazing! Truly stunny as a mommy to be.

So glad to hear the twins are healthy weights. They must be have a grand time in there together...can't wait to hear of their arrival and praying for your stamina leading up to the delivery (and after :)

Love the photos of precious Max. It is hard to believe another year of school is coming to an end.

Have a beautiful day.

Happy Four said...

Okay...it should have read truly stunning not stunny...don't want you to think I have completely lost it!

Unknown said...

Sweet friend, you look so good! You'll be out of those comfy pants in no time.
Can't wait to see those healthy babies!

jane said...

You make me sick......You look gorgeous!!!!! I have never seen a pregnant person look so good.....well Dolly Reber Seckman looked pretty darn good too but she was only having one! You are amazing. I also noticed that Max is the tallest one in his class. He must have gotten those tall genes.......I am jealous about that too. You really do look terrific but I know you are ready to have these little ones so hang in there ..... not much longer! Take care and God bless.....

Kim said...

You look beautiful Jennifer. Can't believe it's almost time for those babies to be here. Can't wait to meet my new little niece and nephew. We are in Florida and went to Sonic the other day. I told Ted that I wanted to buy a bag of their ice and he just didn't get it. I actually told Abby how you love their ice. John and Kate make me sad. I can't figure it all out. Do I feel sorry for him, her, the kids....? Is this being over dramatized by the network?Who knows, but I sure hope they get help fast before the kids get hurt by all of this. Stay off your feet and let the family take care of you. I love you and wish I could be with you.

gbad said...

awwww. that tummy is precious! You look so fabulous! I am going out of town next week but I will check in on you to see if their is any news. Love all the pictures. Did you get a new camera?

Joy Chafin said...

You continue to amaze me with how beautiful you are! You are STILL all baby! (babies)! Heading out for a little vacation in the am, but will be checking for updates from you! You're in our prayers!

Denise said...

Jennifer I love this post. You are funny!

Donna said...

yes, you look great! I"m so glad the babies are doing well and weigh so much! That's exciting!!

Max and his class is adorable. Did you go to the picnic and if so, where did you sit?! It looks like the kids were sitting on the ground.

I have given up watching J&K. I can't watch it....it's sickening.

Momofgirls said...

It is unbelievable how great you look! You are so thin everywhere just those babies sticking out!

I also can't believe they are so big! Wow!!!! You go girl!

I wish we bad cable or satellite or whatever it is called (my husband REFUSES!!) so I could have seen J&K but I suppose it is good I didn't! How sad!

Hang in there! I am so excited! I am sending your package this week...I had to get a little addition to it finished first!!

Kelly said...

Looks like everything is going great for you!

I still can't believe that Sonic sells there ice...I need to get up there ASAP! You are such a wealth of knowledge!!

Kelly